The Atrium at Carmichael

Reviews of The Atrium at Carmichael

Independent Living Reviews for The Atrium at Carmichael

April 05, 2017

By William456

My Wife & I moved in on Jan. 2017. What a place. They feed us,nice food,Clean the room. Make the beds. Sure is a tough life but someone has to enjoy all of this.Just having a great time in our retirement. It really is a great place to stay.We looked at i2 other places & choose this one.

January 26, 2017

By Greg484864

I got my mom into this community. They're good. My mom is really happy with them, loves the meals, and becomes acclimated more and more every day. It had been a real struggle to start because she is 95 years old. However, everything is working out fine. They offer a lot of nice things for her. The people are very, very nice and take care of her. She loves the way they clean her place, and it is really handy to have the laundry there. She is very happy, and I'm happy, too. They can sign up for trips and different activities. They have live music and games. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment that's much bigger than any of the other ones that I visited. It is nicer, though it is not as new. It's is an older place but it's immaculate, very clean, and has new carpeting and new paint. It has anything and everything my mom could possibly want. The people are nice.

January 05, 2017

By Carol086227

It was very nice, and I liked it. The lady was very helpful and nice. I liked the vibe and the way they sit people for dinner to try to find companionship with people who are like-minded. I liked the activities they had scheduled. I would consider it.

September 11, 2016

By sissyt

I really loved this community, the staff was fantastic, and it was a little spruced up. The apartments were very nice, of a nice size, and with a nice stove and kitchen setup. They have a deck, and they had storage units.

August 15, 2016

By Jo844187

The staff was nice, but it did not feel intimate. It didn't feel like Mom is going to get much care. The room felt a little older and didn't feel sunny and shiny. It didn't have too many people around.

June 10, 2016

By Liane837448

We liked the feeling and the overall environment on the outside. When you’re looking in the windows, you can see a lot of the outside. The rooms were nice but a little older. We were looking for something with a little bit of brightness. Overall, we liked it. They had music, bingo, and craft activities. They had areas for sitting and visiting.

January 19, 2016

By Family Member9

My family member ended up moving in. The staff is very good, and the rooms are actually pretty economical. They have a gym and a beauty salon, and their dining area is nice.

November 30, 2015

By Rosemary25

I liked it for my friend; I would live there myself. The meals looked very tasty. I liked that they have a 24-hour care. I also liked that it smelled very clean and fresh. I liked the rooms because they were very spacious and had a balconies. There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about it, except that it wouldn’t work for my friend because she couldn’t afford it unless long-term care would pay for part of it.

October 27, 2015

It was really nice, and the rooms looked nice, but my father-in-law just wanted something a little private and not as many people. The staff was very friendly. The facility was really nice; it was beautiful, and I thought the setting was really beautiful.

October 27, 2015

I put a deposit down. It's the one I like. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were larger than average. The food was very good; I had lunch there. The atmosphere was very nice and cheerful. The only thing that I'm not very happy with it is that they had limited meal time, and then there is planned seating, where you can't just sit wherever you want to sit. They're doing it for the purpose of head count, but I don't like the idea that lunch and dinner are one hour and you have to be there.

October 20, 2015

I visited and placed a deposit, but so far there was still a waiting list for the studio. I knew several people who lived there so I would have someone to talk to that I knew. It was nice, new, and I liked the atmosphere. They had a lot of things, too. There were a couple of people there that played the piano beautifully, and I really enjoyed classical music. I just like the look of the place. They had lots of windows to look outside and see the ducks that were floating in the pond. I could take my cat and he would be happy to look out the window at the back. I saw a one-bedroom unit, and I liked that a lot. It was nice and bright. There was window the cat could look out on. It also had a deck or patio. My visit was a good experience, and my daughter liked it very much. She seemed to think it was nice. It was close to where she was so she could come and visit on her day off. I liked it.

August 27, 2015

By Anne112628850

My mother cut her hand, and the doctor said that her mother was in this community, so my mom went right over, and I guess she really liked it; she is in there now. It’s clean, the walls look fine, and the carpeting is fine; it doesn’t need to be replaced. My mom said the food was OK. She talked to a few people, and they all seemed to like it. It was very convenient; it had a little shopping area across the street with places to eat, banks, and a grocery store.

November 24, 2014

By Bob102177550

I like the place and the tenant's here. For the most part, the staff is fine. I'm not exactly happy with the kitchen staff. The service is slow, but the food tastes good. The dining room is very neat. I have a one bedroom apartment, and I like it. We always have something going on here. We have field trips, and we can just sign up. I always participate in activities here. The activities were just what I expected. I am not disappointed with it. I have been here for more than a year, and I am satisfied with my stay.

October 02, 2014

I actually sing with a group that sings for the residents of different senior living communities. There was a time when we sang here. I noticed that the staff there was pretty good. The rooms there were small but adequate.They had what they called shared apartments which had been in our price range. The shared apartments had two rooms. You would have a roommate in the bedroom with whom you would share the living room, dining room, and kitchen. When I went there to sing, they had snacks that people could have. They also seemed to have a fair number of activities that they put on the calendar. They had spacious and beautiful grounds too. The place was indeed very nice.

Questions about The Atrium at Carmichael

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Atrium at Carmichael. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Here at Atrium of Carmichael, our residents are very active and social. Our average age is 83 years old. 1/3 of our population is male.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We have multiple shopping centers within a block of the community. We are close to Carmichael park. Additionally, we are very close to multiple churches and the Carmichael Elks Lodge.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Atrium at Carmichael has organized?

We at The Atrium enjoy our outings. We have gone to multiple sporting events and concerts. We enjoy going out to lunch several times a month. We recently went to Apple Hill on a day trip as well as Napa for a bit of wine tasting.

What transportation services does The Atrium at Carmichael offer to independent living residents?

We offer transportation services to medical appointments and for weekly shopping on prescribed days.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Atrium at Carmichael exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The Atrium offers a robust menu that is updated each season. It is our goal to provide nutritious food that is in season and locally grown. We offer one chefs special for lunch and one chefs special for dinner with 12-16 alternate options.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Atrium at Carmichael offer to independent living residents?

We have 24/7 staff. We also provide emergency pull cords in all bathrooms and bedrooms. We also have overnight security for our community. Lastly, we have Alpha One based out of our community. This is an Ambulance service with EMTs on call 24 hours a day. Their average response time is 3 minutes.

If The Atrium at Carmichael accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet-friendly. Our community is situated on several acres with plenty of walking paths and a pet area.

Does The Atrium at Carmichael work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do partner with several in-home care agencies. We provide the contact information for all of the In-Home care agencies we work with and allow the resident and their families the opportunity to choose which one best fits their budget and needs.

Costs for The Atrium at Carmichael

Photos of The Atrium at Carmichael

Services and Amenities of The Atrium at Carmichael

• Entry Fee Cost: 1500
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: All Utilities Are Included, Weekly Housekeeping, Laundry Rooms On Site

• Dining Extra: Lunch And Dinner Are Provided

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Balcony Or Patio With Every Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Trips To Casino, Plays, San Francisco, Etc...

• Financial Guidance Extra: Veterans Aid And Attendance, Eldercare Financial

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• In Home Health

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About The Atrium at Carmichael

It's a lifestyle you've only dreamed of until now. You'll feel at home from the moment you walk into the Atrium of Carmichael in Carmichael, CA, with its elegant entrance and magnificent soaring architecture. You're at a point in your life when you are ready for carefree living, when your time is completely your own. You're free to enjoy solitude, or the company of good friends, whichever you choose.

At The Atrium of Carmichael assisted living community, you'll find a rich and rewarding lifestyle in an ambiance of warmth and camaraderie. There is no initial investment other than a cleaning/security deposit. Your monthly fee covers 24-hour staffing for peace of mind, country club-style dining, housekeeping services, scheduled transportation and a full program of recreational opportunities.

With such thoughtful conveniences provided, you can take full advantage of The Atrium's many amenities.

We have a large dining area, 3 beautiful courtyards, fitness area, craft room, sewing room, a billiards area as well as 2 libraries. We are situated in a subburban area on 5 acres. Close to several shopping centers. We are known for our 7 beautiful ponds and ducks.

Map of The Atrium at Carmichael