Eskaton Care Center Manzanita

Reviews of Eskaton Care Center Manzanita

Nursing Home Reviews for Eskaton Care Center Manzanita

February 01, 2018

By Coleen

My dad has been here over a week and I am so impressed with his care. He is improving and we are grateful. He even likes the food! In addition to liking the food, which was served nice and hot and with nice touches, the care and concern the Staff showed him was pretty amazing given all they have on their plates. I was there at dinner or lunch most of the time as at the beginning, dad needed help with eating. So I saw how nicely the food was served. You could see the care given to placement as well as quality. We would also visit regularly and many times I was there and the curtain was closed to ensure his privacy and dignity and the caregivers would not know I was there and I could hear them talking to dad and it was always with care and concern. When entering the facility, it never smelled bad nor did I consistently see wheelchair bound people left in hallways (which we experienced at another place). The facility always smelled clean and many times like baking bread or cooking food – a very pleasant experience. In short, should I ever need surgery and after care, I would go here. I felt like while it may not look fancy from the outside, it was clean, had a nice atmosphere and incredibly caring staff – and that’s what matters!

Thank you Coleen for sharing. We are so happy to hear you dad likes the food!

January 30, 2018

By Betty

Everyone here even to the janitorial service have been delightful. Each and every one has been ever so helpful with a smile on their face no matter the circumstance or request. I found the food to be good most of the time; a few exceptions. My only problem has been rest, but that was solved after moving me to another room, which I'm sure happens. So I give Eskaton management 4 stars. Yes, I have told other people about my stay here.

Betty, thank you for taking the time to review us and tell others about your experience. We love to hear our staff is full of smiles and always willing to help make a stay better.

January 26, 2018

By Tim

This is our second visit here. My wife has had both knees replaced. The staff have all been very attentive and caring. We are very pleased with the care she has received here, and would recommend Eskaton Manzanita to anyone as a first class place to be. Merry Christmas! Thank you and God bless both management and the entire staff!

Thanks Tim for the review! We are happy to hear you and your wife found first class care with Eskaton.

October 31, 2017

By Jennifer

All of the staff is very helpful and caring, from housekeeping, CNA, nurse, doctors, etc. Very clean facility. Nursing staff has lots of TLC. They enjoy and care about their job and residents.

October 12, 2017

By Susan Guile

From a timely response to a "call light" to the caring pleasant smile of help, the wonderful staff made the unbearable at times much easier. God Bless you all for the comfort you provide and your hard work!! Thank you.

October 06, 2017

By Sharlene

In the time I was here at Eskaton at Manzanita, the entire staff here was great. The physical therapy and occupational therapist teams were awesome and truly promoted a quick and safe recovery after my injury. I would highly recommend this facility.

October 06, 2017

By Mae

Excellent! Very polite and explains everything well. Great quality in everything.

August 31, 2017

By Joe

I can only say good things about Eskaton. I was there for 10 days. The facility was good. There's always lots of noise and things but that's just hospitalization. The people there are wonderful, very loving and kind. The staff was very nice especially the older nurses. I forgot their names but they were very kind and very knowledgeable about moving around. Because I wasn't able to move around very much while I was there, they showed me what to do and what not to do. The food was very good but I didn't eat a lot of it. I didn’t have the appetite because of the pain and discomfort. Because of these, I wasn’t into any activities too but I dealt with three of the rehab gals. They were very nice and very kind. They tried to help with the walking and rehab and they did well with that. I am not completely healed but everything is doing okay. I am actually walking without support and feeling much better now.

August 23, 2017

By Debra

Kristine E. (physical therapist) made a difficult and painful necessity (physical therapy) an enjoyable experience (as much as that is possible!). She was very knowledgeable and gave me many tips to make my workouts more bearable for me. At the same time she was very friendly and personable. I highly recommend her.

August 21, 2017

By Sylvia

The care and caring could not have been better. I will return if I ever need follow up care after a surgery.

August 21, 2017

By Terry

I appreciate the attention to details and follow through when I asked for assistance. The OT and PT were excellent and equipped me with a therapy plan and handouts.

August 16, 2017

By Cherry Bethea

Excellent care from all. Confident that PT/OT team have prepared me for thriving in home environment. Appreciate all nurses, the doctor, CNAs -- their carried out their duties in a professional manner.

June 29, 2017

By Gary McCullough

Our family's experience was nothing short of an answer to prayer. My 93 yr old mother was treated with respect and cared for on a very professional and caring level. Virtually every person in every dept was friendly, helpful and took the time to answer every question, with a smile. You deserve the highest rating!

April 18, 2017

By Rafael431238

The services that I received are very good. About 10 days ago, I came here on a hospital bed, and now I am going home walking. Thanks to God, and the care that I received here at Eskaton from all the staff. They all are very wonderful and caring. Thank you all very much. God bless you all!

April 14, 2017

By Hadi Morshed

My mom Betty is a patient here. I want to complement the service and courtesy we have received, especially from your administrative staff. Many thanks to Ms. Mahin K."s personal attention to my Mom. Also, Meridith and Shirley for outstanding physical therapy regiments and routines.

March 31, 2017

By Clarence Taylor

My Dad does not want to leave! But he knows he has to. He loved his care and all services provided here!

March 17, 2017

By Hildegarde Payson

I certainly have enjoyed my time here. The care has been very good and given to me in a most gracious way. The food is surprisingly good and nicely served. My nurses and caregivers are friendly and of course, very helpful.

March 07, 2017

By Gladys Standard

I feel like a princess everyday, from a warm washcloth before breakfast, to hot coffee upon request. Smiles and encouragement!

March 03, 2017

Excellent care. Superb physical therapy, OC and speech team. Nursing excellent!

December 28, 2016

By Paul Azevedo

My stay at the Manzanita facility was fairly pleasant. The staff of nurses, LVNs and CNAs all work to make sure my concerns were understood and satisfied. I am genuinely pleased with the quality of service I received. Thank you.

November 18, 2016

By sherbearmom

My husband stayed here for a brief period of time after surgery and at first I hated it...seemed run down, sparse staff on weekends, but I must say, the place really grew on me... Lots of activities for everyone to do.. I absolutely can't say enough about the staff, they were amazing. Carmela always made sure my husband had what he wanted to eat and even brought snacks in for everyone staying there. The staff were always helpful and kind. Sheila was very informative upon discharge and Tania the discharge planner was very helpful as well.

August 02, 2016

By Cindy363328

Eskaton Care Center Manzanita seemed clean, but it didn't impress me because it had a rundown hospital atmosphere, especially the rooms. It seemed very old. The person there was very helpful, took us around, and showed us everything. They were playing bingo. Maybe they can update it. I don't even recall there being a door in the bathroom. It seemed like a curtain.

January 21, 2016

By WSF

Very professional staff on all levels of care. Enjoyed the meals and the snacks provided throughout the day. Was there over the holiday season and found the atmosphere festive. The only constructive comment I would make is that the doors to the rooms are left open throughout the day and there is a lot of noise from the hallway, especially by the nurses' station.

December 18, 2015

By Connie Stege

My husband received very good care and the facility was clean. Staff was helpful and kind. I would recommend this facility to people I know.

December 15, 2015

By D. Lovesee

I had great care and service while at Eskaton. Everyone of the staff were wonderful. I also observed how good the staff treated the other patients in my area. The food/meals were tasty and filling. Thank you all! …and God Bless You.

July 31, 2015

By Cathie5

The care and stay at Eskaton Care Center was wonderful from the CNA's, nurses to the unit manager Jo. The food was great too. It was always hot and it tasted gread. Thank you everyone for making my stay once again the best.

June 09, 2015

My wife was at Eskaton for two weeks. I thought they did a wonderful job. I visited her there every day, and they were always very kind and supportive to me. If I had a question, they tried to get someone to answer it very quickly. I did not hear any complaints from her.

September 29, 2014

By caring93053850

My friend stayed at Eskaton for 2 ½ months before he died. You go in through the door, you have a receptionist who is very, very nice, and they have a nice surrounding: nice, clean, and virtually odor-free. You have people who are very welcoming and based from what I've seen, everybody who goes there is treated like royalty. It is a little pricey, but if I had a place when I've decided I wanted to die and be taken care of properly, I would go there myself

Photos of Eskaton Care Center Manzanita

Services and Amenities of Eskaton Care Center Manzanita

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2019

About Eskaton Care Center Manzanita

Tucked into the northeast corner of Carmichael, Eskaton Care Center Manzanita provides short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care. Our goal is to make your experience here as positive and productive as possible.

Around-the-clock skilled nursing, personalized plans of care, restorative therapy and compassionate interaction contribute to residents’ physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing.

Supportive short-term stays are available to caregivers. Our innovative programs and professional, multidisciplinary teams provide a holistic, person-centered healing environment for those on the road to recovery as well as individuals needing long-term care. View the Eskaton Care Center Guide.

Map of Eskaton Care Center Manzanita