5 Assisted Living Facilities near New London, WI
Also serving communities of Hortonville, Hortonville.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the New London area, with 3 in New London and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in New London. On average, consumers rate assisted living in New London 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Clintonville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in New London, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in New London, WI
2 Assisted Living Facilities near New London, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New London
New London, Wisconsin, is a small city along the north shore of Lake Winnebago, known for its week-long St. Patrick's Day festivities, during which the city is renamed New Dublin. Of its more than 7,000 residents, close to 16% are aged 65 and older. Many members of this demographic could simplify their daily lives with the comprehensive care services offered by an assisted living facility.
Three assisted living facilities are available locally, with two additional options in neighboring communities. Depending on the level of care offered, these facilities may be categorized as one of the following: community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs), adult family homes or adult day care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New London
- Seniors on a tight budget may be drawn to New London for its low overall cost of living. It receives an index rating of 86.1, which is lower than both the statewide average of 97.8 and U.S. national average of 100.
- New London's Senior Van Program offers local transportation for adults aged 60 and older. It operates Monday through Friday, and while the service is free, donations are appreciated.
- While residents of New London can enjoy warm spring and summer weather, winters can be quite harsh. Temperatures can drop as low as 7 degrees with an average of 42 inches of snow each year, which could be limiting for active seniors.
- The New London area is home to world-class medical facilities, including ThedaCare Medical Center - New London in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Crime rates in New London are particularly low, especially compared to U.S. averages, which may offer seniors a sense of comfort. The city's rate of violent crime scores 12.6 out of 100, and property crime receives 26.8, compared to national ratings of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories, respectively.
- New London has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Washington Center's Senior Community Center, an organization that hosts a variety of programs for seniors, including the Waupaca County Nutrition program, exercise classes, movie nights and day trips.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in New London
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in New London start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New London and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New London
Wisconsin seniors are fortunate to receive financial support to help cover the cost of an assisted living facility through both Medicaid waiver programs and non-Medicaid state-sponsored programs. The state hosts a self-directed program called IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) and offers Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments to help low income seniors cover room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New London
New London and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in New London, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New London
New London-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in New London
Review of KindredHearts of New London
Kindred Hearts of New London was fine. I liked it, but I liked the facility where my dad is currently in now better. The rooms were OK. One thing they can improve on would be the staff involvement. Read more
Review of St. Joseph Residence
St Joseph Residence has assisted living there and a nursing home. The assisted living part was very nice. The lady I knew moved in to the nursing home part, and it was not very nice. It was not goo... Read more