26 Assisted Living Facilities near Neenah, WI
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Neenah area, with 9 in Neenah and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Neenah is $3,433 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 111 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Neenah. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Neenah 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Menasha with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Neenah, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Neenah, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Neenah
Located in Northeastern Wisconsin on the banks of Lake Winnebago, Neenah is a town of about 25,000, with around 13 percent of its residents over the age of 65. To serve its aging population, there are nine assisted living facilities located in the city itself, with an additional 18 options available in the nearby communities of Appleton, Menasha and Kimberly.
The Department of Health Services is responsible for licensing, registering and certifying all assisted living facilities within the state of Wisconsin.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Neenah
- With 19 routes, the Valley Transit system not only serves the municipality of Neenah but also connects residents to the surrounding communities of Appleton, Buchanan, Grand Chute, Kaukauna, Kimberly, Little Chute, Menasha and Fox Crossing. Individuals 65 years of age and older are eligible for discounted rates on fares and passes. Neenah also has a Dial-A-Ride service that provides scheduled door-to-door transportation for seniors.
- A low crime rate means seniors can go about their daily lives with peace of mind. At an average of 12.3 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being low crime, Neenah's rate of violent crime falls far below the national average, which sits at 31.1. In fact, Neenah is ranked as the 15th most secure small town to live in across the United States.
- At a score of 90, the cost of living in Neenah falls well below the U.S. average rating of 100. The low cost of living makes Neenah an affordable option for seniors.
- Like much of Wisconsin, Neenah experiences cold winters. While summer months can reach temperatures of 81 degrees, winter lows fall to 10 degrees, with 41 inches of snow expected each year.
- Neenah has an array of community resources for seniors, including Valley VA Senior Care, an organization that seeks to provide seniors with the opportunity to engage in enriching activities.
- Although Neenah is home one of ThedaCare's Regional Medical Centers, the town has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Appleton.
Paying for Assisted Living in Neenah
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Neenah start around $3,550 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Neenah and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Neenah
While the Medicaid State Plan will cover certain personal care services, seniors may have to explore other means for financial support. Wisconsin is one of only six states to use non-Medicaid state-funded programs as well as Medicaid to provide some services in a residential care setting. The Aging & Disability Resource Center of Winnebago County (ARCD) offers information and assistance for seniors to explore care options.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Neenah
Neenah and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Neenah, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Neenah
Neenah-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Neenah, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Neenah
Review of Matthews of Neenah
Very poor communication among the staff. Read more
Review of Emerald Ridge Assisted Living
My mother-in-law has moved into Emerald Ridge. The reason I chose this place is because her room is a one-bedroom apartment, and she wouldn't have to move if she got more sicker over time. They wil... Read more
Review of Island Shores
Island Shores overlooks the river in a very nice setting. The apartments were very nice and large. The people were very nice. The food looked nice, and they offered a menu with multiple things. The... Read more