26 Assisted Living Facilities near Kaukauna, WI
Also serving communities of Wrightstown, Freedom, Freedom.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kaukauna area, with 4 in Kaukauna and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kaukauna is $4,650 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,600. Cheaper nearby regions include Little Chute with an average starting cost of $4,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 85 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kaukauna. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kaukauna 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kimberly with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kaukauna, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kaukauna, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kaukauna
Situated on the Fox River, Kaukauna, Wisconsin is a city in Outagamie and Calumet counties, with a population of just over 16,000. Of these residents, 13.1 percent are aged 65 and older and may require help with daily activities.
This type of help can be found at assisted living facilities, five of which are available locally, with an additional 45 located in nearby communities. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is responsible for registering, licensing and certifying all assisted living facilities in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kaukauna
- Based on the U.S. national average of 100, the overall cost of living in Kaukauna is rated 89.7, which may make Kaukauna a good option for seniors looking to save on living expenses.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may find winters in Kaukauna challenging. Temperatures can drop as low as 10 degrees, and on average, 44 inches of snow fall throughout the season. Overall, the city scores a 38 out of a possible 100 in terms of year-round comfort.
- On a scale out of 100, with 100 representing high crime, Kaukauna scores a nine in terms of violent crime and 18.2 for property crime, much lower than the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories, respectively.
- Kaukauna has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Appleton.
- With 19 different routes, the Valley Transit system serves the communities of the Fox Cities, including Kaukauna, and offers a paratransit service. Seniors aged 65 and older are eligible for discounted rates on fares and passes. Additionally, Calumet County has a volunteer transportation service to help adults over the age of 60 get to medical appointments, run errands and complete other activities.
- An area known for its natural beauty, Kaukauna is home to the 1000 Island Environmental Center, which has miles of boardwalk trails, as well as a facility with indoor wildlife displays. The city is also just a short drive from Appleton, which has several museums, art galleries and a performing arts center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kaukauna
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Kaukauna start around $2,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kaukauna and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kaukauna
To help reduce the financial burden of the costs associated with assisted living services, seniors in Wisconsin can access assistance through both the Medicaid State Plan and non-Medicaid state-funded programs. The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ARDC) of Calumet, Outagamie and Waupaca Counties has information on the programs and options available for seniors living in Kaukauna.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kaukauna
Kaukauna and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kaukauna, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kaukauna
Kaukauna-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kaukauna
Review of The Landings of Kaukauna
We have a room reserved at The Landings of Kaukauna. We chose it because it's the smallest facility and that will better suit my dad's needs. The other places were phenomenal, but they're way too b... Read more
Review of St Paul Elder Services
My uncle is at St. Paul Elder Services. For the most part, it's been very good. The only thing is that once we finally got him set up to go in there, it was a little difficult to get a hold of peop... Read more
Review of St Paul Elder Services
St. Paul Villa was Mom's first choice because she had been at their rehab facility for a rehab after a hip surgery a few years ago. She really liked this facility. She knew a lot of people who were... Read more