22 Assisted Living Facilities near De Pere, WI
Also serving communities of Greenleaf, Oneida, Denmark.
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the De Pere area, with 5 in De Pere and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in De Pere is $4,700 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Green Bay with an average starting cost of $3,935.
To help you with your search, browse the 72 reviews below for assisted living facilities in De Pere. On average, consumers rate assisted living in De Pere 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kimberly with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in De Pere, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in De Pere, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in De Pere
Known for its beautiful river views and historic downtown, De Pere, Wisconsin, is a community of around 25,000 residents, located in Brown County. Around 13.1 percent of the city's population is aged 65 and older, and some of those seniors may benefit from the daily assistance and care offered by an assisted living community.
Assisted living in De Pere and all of Wisconsin is split into four categories, all of which are licensed, registered and certified by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services: community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs), adult family homes, and adult day care. Seniors have six facilities to choose from in De Pere and an additional 24 options in nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in De Pere
- De Pere's low crime rates may help give seniors a feeling of safety and security. On a scale to 100, with 100 considered high crime, the city receives a rating of 7.8 for violent crime and 19.5 for property-related crime, both much lower than national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories.
- Winters in De Pere are known to be very cold, which could be challenging for seniors. Temperatures can drop as low as nine degrees and the area gets around 51 inches of snowfall each year.
- While a couple points higher than the statewide average, at 100.8, the overall cost of living in De Pere is quite comparable to the U.S. national average of 100. Despite high health costs, seniors can expect to save on daily living expenses like groceries and transportation.
- The De Pere area is home to world-class medical facilities, including HSHS St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center, HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and Bellin Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- De Pere has an array of community resources for seniors, including the De Pere Community Center Senior Services, an organization that offers weekly activities and programming to promote socialization, education and recreational opportunities.
- Seniors in De Pere can enjoy historical sites like the White Pillars Museum, wildlife viewing at the De Pere Lock and Dam or golfing at championship courses, such as Hilly Haven Golf Course. Green Bay is also just a short drive away, which offers seniors even more entertainment opportunities.
Paying for Assisted Living in De Pere
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in De Pere start around $4,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in De Pere and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in De Pere
To help seniors cover the costs associated with assisted living services, Wisconsin offers several non-Medicaid state-funded programs in addition to the waiver programs offered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in De Pere
De Pere and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in De Pere, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in De Pere Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in De Pere
De Pere-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in De Pere
Review of The Renaissance Assisted Living
My mother moved into Renaissance Assisted Living - De Pere. It's been very good. COVID is horrible, but they're trying to get the people out and entertained as much as possible. The staff is very n... Read more
Review of Angels Touch Assisted Living
We're very happy with Angels Touch Assisted Living. I like that the staff, nurses, and CNAs are all very helpful, friendly, caring, and would tell you what's going on. My aunt's room is very nice. ... Read more
Review of Angels Touch Assisted Living
Angels Touch Assisted Living was nice, and it seemed to offer a lot of amenities. It was a larger facility, but it wasn't a fit for my in-laws. The dining area was nice and big. The staff seemed ve... Read more