6 Assisted Living Facilities near Baraboo, WI
Also serving communities of Wisconsin Dells, Reedsburg, Hillsboro, Richland Center.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Baraboo area, with 5 in Baraboo and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Baraboo is $3,279 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Baraboo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Baraboo 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Waunakee with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Baraboo, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Baraboo, WI
1 Assisted Living Facility near Baraboo, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Baraboo
Review of Oak Park Place Baraboo Assisted Living
My dad has been at Oak Park Place Baraboo since the first part of October. They do a very good job, and the staff is pretty good. They keep my dad very comfortable, fed, and clean. The food is good... Read more
Review of Artisan at Baraboo
Artisan at Baraboo is pretty old and in fair condition. The meals look pretty good, and they fix them fresh very day at every meal. It's supposed to be memory care, but they don't do any for the pe... Read more
Review of Oak Park Place Baraboo Assisted Living
My visit with Oak Park was very good. It has a very warm atmosphere. It is clean. The staff, the rooms, and the meal selections were excellent. My mother in law stayed there. They have a wide selec... Read more
Assisted Living near Sauk County, WI
More Options Near Baraboo, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Baraboo
Baraboo, famous for being the birthplace of the Ringling Brothers Circus, is a city in Sauk County, Wisconsin. The community has a large senior population, with 17 percent of its 12,000 residents being 65 years or older. There are 10 assisted living facilities located in the Baraboo area, and five are within city limits.
These facilities, like their counterparts in the rest of Wisconsin, are licensed by the state Department of Health Services. In Wisconsin, assisted living facilities are designated as community-based residential facilities and are home to five or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Baraboo
- Like other communities in Wisconsin, Baraboo has a much less comfortable climate than the national norm. Winter lows are in the single digits, and an average of 43 inches of snow falls each year. Seniors who enjoy winter activities, such as cross country skiing or snowshoeing, may consider this a benefit.
- Seniors in Baraboo benefit from Wisconsin’s retiree-friendly tax policies. The state doesn’t tax Social Security benefits, and it also doesn’t tax some types of pension income, such as payments from the U.S. military retirement system.
- Baraboo Transit, a shared ride provider, offers discounted fares to seniors. The service operates throughout the city of Baraboo, and trips outside of city limits are offered for an additional fee. Seniors can also purchase discounted taxi rides through Sauk County’s Aging & Disability Resource Center.
- The Baraboo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are plenty of arts and culture opportunities for seniors in Baraboo. Seniors who are interested in the city’s unique history can visit Circus World Museum at a discounted price, which features circus exhibits and live circus performances. Adventurous seniors can go hiking or canoeing in Devil’s Lake State Park.
- The cost of living in Baraboo is 12.5 percent lower than the national average. This is mainly due to the city’s lower-than-average housing prices, though transportation and health care costs are also below average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Baraboo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Baraboo start around $3,279 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Baraboo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Baraboo
Wisconsin’s Medicaid system, the Medicaid State Plan, supports a waiver that may help seniors pay for care in assisted living facilities. Seniors who receive federal Supplemental Security Income benefits may be eligible to receive an exceptional expense payment from the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Baraboo
Baraboo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Baraboo, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Baraboo
Baraboo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.