24 Assisted Living Facilities near Port Orchard, WA
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Port Orchard area, with 5 in Port Orchard and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Port Orchard is $3,120 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Port Orchard. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Port Orchard 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bremerton with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Port Orchard, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Port Orchard, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Port Orchard
In spite of its relatively small size, Port Orchard is home to five assisted living facilities. There are more than a dozen more facilities in nearby cities like Seattle and Bainbridge Island. These facilities are divided into three categories, including community-based residential facilities, residential care apartment complexes and adult family homes, and they are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Port Orchard
- Washington does not pose a state income tax, meaning that Port Orchard seniors hold on to the entirety of all retirement income. This may leave more money for assisted living expenses.
- The Port Orchard area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Bremerton.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Port Orchard range between 36 degrees and 78 degrees. The warmest month of the year is August when temperatures are in the upper 70s, and the coolest month of the year is January when highs are in the low 50s. The city's comfortable year-round climate may appeal to seniors who enjoy outdoor activities.
- While Port Orchard's overall crime rate is notably higher than the national average, most of the crime that takes place in this city is property related. On a 100-point scale, with a higher score indicating more crime, the city's property crime rate is 80.5, versus the national average of 35.4. However, the violent crime rate is just a few points higher than the national average at 27.7. Seniors researching local assisted living facilities may want to find a facility that has security features like high-security locks and alarm systems.
- The air quality in Port Orchard is average, which may be a concern for seniors with conditions like COPD or heart disease. The American Lung Association gave Kitsap County a C for short-term particle pollution and a passing score for annual particle pollution.
- The overall cost of living in Port Orchard is about 20 percent higher than the national average but about 10 percent lower than the statewide average, which may be a consideration for seniors with tight retirement budgets. Health care expenses are about 15 percent below the national average, however, which may offset other living expenses.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Port Orchard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Port Orchard start around $3,180 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Port Orchard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Port Orchard
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Port Orchard
Port Orchard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Port Orchard, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Port Orchard
Port Orchard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Port Orchard
Review of Liberty Place
My relative has been in Liberty Place. I'm not so sure if she is happy there. It's sufficient as far as what she has. Because of the virus, she wasn't able to tour this place, so she was expecting ... Read more
Review of Liberty Place
I chose Liberty Place - Port Orchard because it felt like a better environment for my mom. The other place we went to smelled like urine and was dark, and I don't want my mother in that kind of pla... Read more
Review of Liberty Place
I think my friend has made a decision to go to Liberty Place. They have an opening right now. She felt comfortable there. We didn't get to go in and look at the room and stuff that she would be in.... Read more