8 Assisted Living Facilities near Santaquin, UT
Also serving communities of Levan, Mount Pleasant, Ephraim.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Santaquin area, with 2 in Santaquin and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Santaquin is $1,750 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 18 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Santaquin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Santaquin 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Payson with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Santaquin, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Santaquin, UT
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Santaquin, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Santaquin
Located approximately 70 miles south of Utah's state capital, Santaquin was named after the son of a local Native American chief. The small city is home to about 12,270 people, and only 5.6% of them are seniors. Despite the small senior population, there are eight assisted living facilities in the area.
Licensed facilities in Santaquin and the rest of the state are regularly inspected by the Bureau of Health Facility Licensing, Certification and Resident Assessment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Santaquin
- Santaquin has an array of community resources for seniors, including Utah Valley Rides, a volunteer-run organization that provides low-cost transportation, as well as one senior center.
- At 14.9% higher than the national average, Santaquin’s overall cost of living is relatively high. Housing, healthcare and transportation are all more expensive than the national norm. However, seniors may find savings in other areas. Groceries, for example, are 9% cheaper than the U.S. average.
- Santaquin has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Nephi.
- Kiplinger recently ranked Utah among the top 10 least tax-friendly states for retirees. It’s one of the few states in the country that taxes Social Security benefits. Private pensions, public pensions and distributions from 401(k)s are all taxed. These tax policies may leave less room in Santaquin seniors’ assisted living budgets.
- There are several entertainment options for Santaquin seniors. For outdoor fun, seniors can visit the Uintah-Wasatch-Cache National Forest or Santaquin Canyon. The Santaquin History Museum offers private tours of its collections, which include a historic library and military room.
- With its low crime rate, Santaquin is safer than 64% of cities in the country. Residents have a one in 95 chance of becoming a victim of a crime, which is drastically lower than the national average of one in 36. For this reason, safety-conscious seniors may choose to relocate to Santaquin.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Santaquin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Santaquin start around $1,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Santaquin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Santaquin
Seniors who live in one of Santaquin’s assisted living facilities may be eligible for financial assistance through Utah's New Choices a Medicaid waiver program. This program pays for assisted living services, but seniors are responsible for their own room-and-board fees.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Santaquin
Santaquin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Santaquin, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Santaquin
Santaquin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Santaquin
Review of Country Lane Santaquin
The staff was very friendly at Latter Day Assisted Living. The rooms and apartments were very nice. Everyone has their own room, and they were comfortable. Their dining facility was wonderful. They... Read more
Review of Country Lane Santaquin
This is a very nice, quiet neighborhood. The staff are extremely knowledgeable. When I have visited, I have often seen the staff in action. What I especially like about this facility is how well... Read more