30 Assisted Living Facilities near Richmond Heights, OH
Also serving communities of lyndhurst, Cleveland Heights, mayfield village.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Richmond Heights area, with 3 in Richmond Heights and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Richmond Heights is $3,185 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Euclid with an average starting cost of $1,540.
To help you with your search, browse the 151 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Richmond Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Richmond Heights 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Euclid with an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Richmond Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Richmond Heights, OH
27 Assisted Living Facilities near Richmond Heights, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
There are a lot of attractions in Richmond Heights, Ohio, from the Cedar Lee Theatre, the Richmond Town Square, the Greenwood Farm, and the area’s shopping centers, all of which might be of interest to the area’s seniors, an estimated 22.2 percent of the 10, 417 population. Seniors who require assistance with daily life might benefit from living in one of the three assisted living facilities within city limits, or one of the 27 facilities located in nearby areas.
In Richmond, Heights, and in the entire state of Ohio, assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities and are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
- The cost of living in Richmond Heights is 82.9, almost 19 points lower than the national average of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare expenses, although transportation ranks higher than the average at 102.4. Seniors may find that the lower cost of living in the area offsets transportation expenses.
- Richmond Heights has relatively low crime rates which might put seniors’ and their families mind of ease. The city has a violent crime rate of 12.5 and a property crime rate of 38.5, compared to the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Richmond Heights has a cloudy, wet climate which might be of concern to seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. The city gets 40 inches of rain and 110 inches of snow annually and only has 162 sunny days each year, 43 days less than the national average of 205.
- Richmond Heights has partnered with the Senior Transportation Connection to provide affordable door-to-door rides for seniors to local appointments. Rides can be booked three days or more in advance.
- Ohio doesn’t tax Social Security benefits, which might be beneficial for Richmond Heights seniors on restrictive budgets.
- The air quality in Richmond Heights is good, with a ranking of 67 on a scale where 100 represents the cities with the best air quality, nine points higher than the national average of 58. Seniors with respiratory conditions might have an easier time breathing in Richmond Heights than in other areas of Ohio.
Paying for Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Richmond Heights start around $3,185 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Richmond Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
Seniors in Richmond Heights can take advantage of Ohio’s Medicaid system and the Assisted Living Waiver Program. This program covers the cost of care, but expects applicants to use their finances to pay for room and board. There are only a limited number of spots available, so qualified applicants could spend time on a waitlist.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Richmond Heights
Richmond Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Richmond Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Richmond Heights
Richmond Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Richmond Heights, OH
Other Options in Richmond Heights, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
Review of The Waterford at Richmond Heights
I would not recommend The Waterford to anyone. Very poor care, response time, and communication. We worried about my dad all the time. Read more
Review of The Waterford at Richmond Heights
The facility made a lot of promises. When we moved in all those were not done. When you pushed call button they did not come for hours. Even the emergency pull chain was not answered. Management wa... Read more
Review of Brookdale Richmond Heights
A family member was sent there from the hospital. He was put in a room that looked like it was about to go under construction. The bed looked like it was from "WWll" . He sat there for almost 2 ho... Read more