15 Assisted Living Facilities near Wickliffe, OH
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wickliffe area, with 2 in Wickliffe and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wickliffe is $3,970 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Willoughby with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 53 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wickliffe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wickliffe 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Willoughby with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wickliffe, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wickliffe, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wickliffe
The city of Wickliffe, Ohio, has a long history. Early settlers moved into the area in 1796, and by 1810, the population was 57. Today, nearly 13,000 people live in Wickliffe. Of the city’s residents, 22.5% are seniors. If local seniors need some help with daily tasks, they may choose to move into one of the 16 assisted living facilities in the Wickliffe area.
In Ohio, these facilities are licensed as residential care facilities, and they provide accommodations, personal care and supervision to seniors. The Ohio Department of Health’s Bureau of Regulatory Operations licenses and regulates these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wickliffe
- Despite its small size, Wickliffe is well-served by public transit options. Six bus routes travel along the county’s major corridors, and another four bus routes will take seniors to downtown Cleveland. For door-to-door transportation, seniors can use the Dial-a-Ride bus service. Seniors qualify for reduced fares.
- Wickliffe seniors who receive Social Security don’t need to pay income tax on those benefits. However, other types of retirement income are subject to the state’s income tax. Various tax credits, such as the senior citizen credit and retirement-income credit, can help seniors lower their tax bills.
- Ohio has a low cost of living, and that’s true for Wickliffe as well. This city is 15.6% less expensive than the national average. Housing costs are a whopping 40.8% lower than the U.S. norm. These low costs can help seniors fit assisted living into their budgets.
- Wickliffe has a snowy climate. Seniors can expect to see an average of 68 inches of snow per year. These conditions are ideal for snowshoeing, cross country skiing and other winter sports.
- Wickliffe has a limited arts and culture scene, but Cleveland is just a short drive away. In the city, seniors can visit the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Cleveland Orchestra, Playhouse Square and many other destinations. Some assisted living facilities may organize day trips to Cleveland.
- Compared to similarly sized cities across America, Wickliffe has a low crime rate. In this city, there is only a one in 1,415 chance of becoming a violent crime victim. Seniors who prefer living in small cities may choose Wickliffe for this reason.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wickliffe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Wickliffe start around $3,970 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wickliffe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wickliffe
Wickliffe seniors may benefit from the many financial assistance programs in Ohio. These programs include the Assisted Living Waiver Program, which pays for the costs of assisted living care, and the Residential State Supplement Program, which provides financial assistance for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wickliffe
Wickliffe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wickliffe, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wickliffe
Wickliffe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Wickliffe, OH
Other Options in Wickliffe, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wickliffe
Review of Tapestry Senior Living Wickliffe
Tapestry Senior Living Wickliffe was the only one that had an available 1-bedroom apartment rather than just a studio, so we took it and my father is there right now. He's got 2 rooms and 2 bathroo... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wickliffe
Brookdale was very clean, very nice, and the dining room and the food are just wonderful. They bent over backwards for anything my parents needed and wanted, and they cared for my mom and got her h... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wickliffe
I visited Brookdale. The rooms were very nice. The staff was good. They had activities like bingo, and they were watching TV. Read more