16 Assisted Living Facilities near Wickliffe, OH
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wickliffe area, with 2 in Wickliffe and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wickliffe is $3,745 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Willoughby with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 62 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wickliffe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wickliffe 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Willoughby with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wickliffe, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Wickliffe, OH
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Wickliffe, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wickliffe
Wickliffe is only 12 miles northeast of downtown Cleveland, so seniors are a short drive to the large city’s numerous cultural venues, museums, amusement parks and sporting events.
Wickliffe's population is approximately 12,750 with adults aged 65 and over making up about 22.5% of that number. To support seniors who need help with grooming, dressing, meal preparation and social activities, Wickliffe offers two assisted living facilities. Another 14 in nearby cities give Lake County seniors plentiful choices. In Ohio, assisted living homes are called residential care facilities (RCFs). The Ohio Department of Health has governance over RCFs in Wickliffe and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wickliffe
- Air quality in Wickliffe, as in all of Lake County, may be hazardous to the health of seniors, especially those with respiratory or cardiac conditions. The American Lung Association grades the region an “F” for ozone pollution.
- Kiplinger reports the Buckeye State as a mixed tax picture for retirees. Social Security retirement benefits are exempt from taxation at the state level, as is most pension income. Seniors in Wickliffe may also qualify for four different tax credits, and there are no estate or inheritance taxes in Ohio.
- Seniors who want easy access to Cleveland without the big-city expenses may find Wickliffe to be a great choice. The overall cost of living is about 15% lower than the national average. While a large part of that is due to housing costs, seniors pay less in Wickliffe for groceries, transportation, utilities and healthcare.
- The Wickliffe area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UH Richmond Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Older adults who like to be active outdoors year-round may find Wickliffe’s climate unsuitable. The city averages 68 inches of snow per year and only 161 sunny days. Muggy summers with an average July high of 81 degrees can also make it hard to enjoy time in nature.
- Families with loved ones in Wickliffe assisted living facilities may rest easy knowing the city’s crime rates are significantly lower than the national averages. Violent crime in Wickliffe ranks 10.6 out of 100, with 100 being high crime. The U.S. average is 22.7. Property crime here ranks 24.7, also lower than the national average of 35.4.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wickliffe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Wickliffe start around $3,745 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wickliffe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wickliffe
To help offset the costs associated with assisted living in Wickliffe, the state provides Medicaid-eligible seniors with Ohio's Assisted Living Waiver Program. The program pays for personal care, medication assistance and housekeeping services, making it easier for seniors to apply their own financial resources to room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wickliffe
Wickliffe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wickliffe, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wickliffe
Wickliffe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Wickliffe, OH
Other Options in Wickliffe, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wickliffe
Review of Brookdale Wickliffe
Brookdale was very clean, very nice, and the dining room and the food are just wonderful. They bent over backwards for anything my parents needed and wanted, and they cared for my mom and got her h... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wickliffe
I visited Brookdale. The rooms were very nice. The staff was good. They had activities like bingo, and they were watching TV. Read more
Review of Brookdale Wickliffe
We settled on The Fairways because they provided the memory care, which is everything my mom needed. The only bad was that they don't take Medicare. Right now, from what I have seen and been expose... Read more