35 Assisted Living Facilities near Beachwood, OH
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Beachwood area, with 4 in Beachwood and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Beachwood is $4,240 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 134 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Beachwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Beachwood 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mayfield Heights with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Beachwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Beachwood, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beachwood
Seniors residing in Beachwood, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb, enjoy easy access to a wide variety of recreation, art and culture, including The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, The Museum of Diversity and Tolerance and the David Berger National Memorial.
Beachwood boasts a sizable senior population with nearly 30% of the city’s population of about 11,660 residents being adults aged 65 and older. To accommodate this large group, Beachwood offers three assisted living facilities, or residential care facilities as they’re called in Ohio. Surrounding areas provide another 24 care communities, giving seniors plentiful choices. RCFs in Beachwood, as in the rest of the state, are licensed and governed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beachwood
- The good news for seniors living in Beachwood is that healthcare expenses are about 18% lower than the U.S. average. Grocery and utility costs are about 7% lower. This can help seniors on limited incomes budget more effectively.
- Older adults with heart or lung conditions should know that air quality in Beachwood may be damaging to their health. The American Lung Association gives Beachwood's location in Cuyahoga County a grade of “F” for ozone pollution and a “B” for particle pollution.
- Beachwood seniors are not taxed by the state on Social Security benefits. However, Ohio does levy partial taxes on income derived from public pensions and private plans such as IRAs and 401(k)s.
- The City of Beachwood provides residents 60 years old and over with free door-to-door van service. This supplemental transportation benefit can be used for medical appointments, banking, shopping and social activities. The van is equipped with a wheelchair lift.
- The Beachwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lake Health Beachwood Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- With 75 inches of annual average snowfall, Beachwood may not be a good choice for seniors who like to get up and go year-round. January’s average low of 19 degrees and 161 days per year of some form of precipitation may keep seniors inside more than they like.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beachwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Beachwood start around $4,240 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beachwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beachwood
To help cover some of the costs incurred in a Beachwood assisted living facility, Ohio provides low-income seniors with an Assisted Living Waiver Program. This Medicaid waiver covers incurred expenses such as personal care assistance, medication administration and some nursing care, making it easier for seniors to use their own resources for room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beachwood
Beachwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Beachwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beachwood
Beachwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Beachwood, OH
Other Options in Beachwood, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Beachwood
Review of Beachwood Commons
My uncle is going to be moving to Beachwood Commons. Once he's released from rehab, he'll move there. I'm glad that they will take him. I toured it and they were friendly and accommodating. The pri... Read more
Review of Stone Gardens Assisted Living
My dad has been at Stone Gardens for 17 months--before covid, it was a dynamic, interactive facility, with full capabilities from music, news oriented programming, exercise, movies, happy hour min... Read more
Review of Stone Gardens Assisted Living
Stone Gardens has been a true blessing for my Mother. She is getting exceptional care and everyone goes out of their way to help her with her needs. Since she can't live at home any more it is the ... Read more