2 Assisted Living Facilities in Wabash, IN
Also serving communities of North Manchester, North Manchester, Huntington.
The average cost of assisted living in Wabash is $3,060 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Peru with an average starting cost of $2,294.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wabash. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wabash 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wabash, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wabash
Wabash, Indiana has plenty for the area’s 10,666 residents, including the senior population of 2,003, to do from enjoying the parks and gardens to visiting the museums and theatres. The city has two assisted living facilities available to support seniors who may need help with their personal care.
In Indiana, and in Wabash, assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities and must be registered with the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging. If a facility wishes to administer medications, they require licensing from the Indiana State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wabash
- Indiana fully taxes retirement savings account income and pension, which could affect how much money Wabash seniors have to put toward facility budgets and entertainment.
- The low crime rates in Wabash may make the area appealing to seniors seeking assisted living facilities in safe locations. The city has a violent crime rate of 12.5 and a property crime rate of 28.7, both notably lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- The Wabash area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Parkview Wabash Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Wabash is 75.1, notably lower than the state average of 87 and the national average of 100. Seniors may pay less for groceries, healthcare and transportation, which could make the area more affordable to seniors with low incomes.
ARC of Wabash County, Inc., provides door-to-door and curb-to-curb transportation to seniors for the reduced fare of $3.75 per trip. This service has scheduled routes but is all also available on-demand.
- Residents of Wabash enjoy summers with July highs of 84 degrees and winters with January lows of 17. The city gets 41 inches of rain each year, which is three more than the national average of 38 inches; however, the city’s annual snowfalls of 28 inches are on par with the national average. Outdoor loving seniors might be disappointed when it comes to the 181 sunny days the city gets per year, which is 24 days less than the national average of 205.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wabash
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Wabash start around $3,060 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wabash and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wabash
Wabash seniors who cannot pay for assisted living on their own may be able to receive financial support for facility costs through Indiana’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver. To qualify, seniors must be willing to live in a Medicaid approved facility, meet asset and financial criteria, be a resident of Indiana and need help with at least three of the activities of daily living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wabash
Wabash and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wabash, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wabash
Wabash-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wabash
Review of Bickford of Wabash
Bickford of Wabash was good. Everybody seemed to be sociable and happy. The staff was very friendly. The food was good and the menu looked like they had reasonable and healthy. The dining room was ... Read more
Review of Wellbrooke of Wabash
Excellent. Very caring. Very good social service people. They make things happen. Very professional. Great food. Overall rating excellent. Keep up the good work. Thanks! Read more
Review of Wellbrooke of Wabash
I love Wellbrooke. The services here are A+, from the aides to dietary section. Would definitely recommend to everyone to come here. Read more