35 Assisted Living Facilities near Indian Harbour Beach, FL
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Indian Harbour Beach area.
To help you with your search, browse the 341 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Indian Harbour Beach. Better rated regions include Satellite Beach with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Indian Harbour Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Indian Harbour Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Indian Harbour Beach
Located on the east coast of central Florida near the Kennedy Space Center, the city of Indian Harbour Beach is only two miles square. Seniors can relax on the beach front or explore 27 acres of parkland in Gleason Park, including a lake, heated pool, exercise paths, tennis courts, and sports complex. There aren't any assisted living facilities within the Indian Harbour Beach city limits, but there are 55 choices across the river in Melbourne and Palm Bay. Florida's Bureau of Health Facility Regulation provides oversight and licensing for assisted living facilities in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Indian Harbour Beach
- The cost of living in Indian Harbour Beach is 12 percent higher than the national average due mostly to well-above-average housing costs. For less expensive options, look to nearby Melbourne.
- Indian Harbour Beach is a safe city with 1.28 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year. By comparison, the state average is 4.3 such crimes, and nationally, it's 4.
- Indian Harbour Beach receives 25 percent more rainfall than the average U.S. city. Summers are hot and humid with high temperatures in the upper 80s and low 90s. Winters are short with lows dropping into the 50s.
- Seniors on a budget will enjoy Florida's lack of state income taxes, and that includes Federal SSI benefits and pensions. There's also no inheritance or estate taxes, but the state does charge a 7 percent sales tax.
- The American Lung Association awarded Brevard County, home to Indian Harbour Beach, an A grade for both high-ozone days and particle pollutants. The city's air quality shouldn't aggravate respiratory conditions like COPD.
- Senior TranServe provides door-to-door transportation, with seven days notice, for ambulatory seniors in Brevard County, and the Space Coast Area Transit offers reduced rates to seniors who want to use the county bus system.
Paying for Assisted Living in Indian Harbour Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Indian Harbour Beach start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Indian Harbour Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Indian Harbour Beach
Seniors receiving Federal SSI benefits can take advantage of Florida's optional state supplementation for added income, and the state allows families to contribute to room and board at assisted living facilities without impacting Medicaid eligibility or benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Indian Harbour Beach
Indian Harbour Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Indian Harbour Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Indian Harbour Beach
Indian Harbour Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.