9 Assisted Living Facilities near Springdale, AR
Also serving communities of Huntsville.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Springdale area, with 3 in Springdale and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Springdale is $2,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 28 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Springdale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Springdale 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fayetteville with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Springdale, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Springdale, AR
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Springdale, AR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Springdale
Springdale, Arkansas is located on the Springfield Plateau deep in the Ozark Mountains. This industrial city has a senior population of 8.8 percent, with three assisted living facilities in the city and five others nearby.
In Arkansas there are two types of assisted living facilities (ALFs): Level I ALF care and Level II ALF care. Each type has a different licensing agreement, standard of care and list of restrictions. Each facility is monitored and regulated by the Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Medical Services, Office of Long Term Care to ensure the safety of all residing seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Springdale
- Springdale is considered one of the safest places to live for its size, with a 67 percent lower crime rate than other U.S. cities and a 77 percent lower crime rate than other Arkansas communities.
- The cost of living in Springdale is 13 percent lower than the national average. The city is lower in every expense category, with housing expenses 34 percent cheaper and health care 12 percent cheaper than the national average. This could be helpful for seniors living on a limited or fixed income.
- Springdale residents have good particle and Ozone pollutant levels year-round on the Air Quality Index (AQI).
- Springdale locals pay a 9.75 percent combined local and state sales tax, significantly higher than the 6.5 percent national average. However, residents can receive a 50 percent exemption on taxable capital gains in Arkansas.
- The Springdale area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Arkansas Children's Northwest, Northwest Medical Center, Regency Hospital of Springdale, Northwest Medical Center of Benton County, Willow Creek Women's Hospital and Springdale Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winters are both long and cold in Springdale, with temperatures as low as 15 degrees. Hot, muggy summers reach an average around 90 degrees and rarely exceed 97 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Springdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Springdale start around $2,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Springdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Springdale
Springdale seniors considering assisted living communities can receive financial assistance through the 1915(c) Home & Community-Based Waiver (HCBS), provided by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Springdale
Springdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Springdale, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Springdale
Springdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Springdale, AR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Springdale
Review of Morningside of Springdale
I like everything that Morningside of Springdale has to offer. I think they're very caring, and it's a very nice, clean, and well-run place. I love the food. It's just the right fit for us. They pr... Read more
Review of Morningside of Springdale
My parent has lived there for several years. Before it changed ownership it was a good place. Since the new ownership took over, it’s a crummy place to live. Not enough staff on weekends to car... Read more
Review of Providence Assisted Living
Overall, Providence Assisted Living is OK. There are things that could be better. They play Bingo and card games. They also take the residents to Walmart on Thursdays. The food could be upgraded, b... Read more