Katherine's Place at Wedington

Assisted Living Reviews for Katherine's Place at Wedington

Nursing Home Reviews for Katherine's Place at Wedington

September 30, 2016

By Vet187076

Katherine's Place at Wedington was a lovely place. They were very knowledgeable; they took us on a tour of the place, and it was very impressive. They do dementia patients and regular nursing home. The private and semi-private rooms are well appointed. They were a good size, and you could bring your own or some of your parent's furniture in if you wanted to. We were there at a time other than lunch time, but we did look at the dining room; it was very nice.

May 10, 2016

By Danny13

My father is in Katherine's Place and overall it's pretty much the same. The food is sometimes good and sometimes it's not so good. The rooms are really nice because they're very new. Overall they're really good. They take people to doctor's appointments. My dad has good days and he has bad days. The facility has already been open for 2-3 years. They handle all of my father's appointments.

September 28, 2015

By Unhappy5

This place is terrible. Recently, I had a family member there for post op rehab from surgery. The first couple of days were fine, but as the days went by, the care was terrible. The aids did not know what they were doing, and were no help. The nurses were overworked, and exhausted, therefore their attitudes were very short. One nurse said she had worked a 16 hour day. Another said she had only 3 hours of sleep. My family member requested pain medicine, and never received it. We were told they got it mixed up with another room. On the day of discharge, the papers were not completed, and no one knew what they were doing. It took over 3 hours to be discharged. They didn't even offer a wheel chair to the car. We will never go back here again. The administration needs to spend less on the fancy appearance of this place, and more on better help and care of their patients.

February 26, 2015

By mmmyof2

My mother has been here for a while now and enjoys the food and environment. It's very pretty and seems to be clean when I visit. But every week when I talk to my mom it seems like I get the same complaint! There is a employee that apparently works at the beginning of each week that according to my mom spends all of her time complaining about her personal life, kids, and where she works, especially supervisors. My mom says this is a every single week type thing. She says the lady has long reddish hair. If you are a higher up at Katherine's, please, talk to your staff about what is okay to discuss with your residents! My mom doesn't need to hear that this employee has a hard home life and doesn't like working there! My mom doesn't want to complain because she doesn't want any of the staff to treat her negatively for complaining. But if it goes on much longer I will talk to someone about it personally anyway.

February 26, 2015

By Mary106742650

Katherine's Place is nice. They are very friendly and helpful. My dad likes it. He wouldn't like any place, and he really doesn't want to be there, but it is OK, and it is working well. They do rehab and stuff like that. He likes the food. They cook whatever he wants so he is pretty happy with that. We just had to get something close by so he can be close to the hospital.

December 10, 2014

By riprolande

My grabma passed away on Nov 30th unexpectedly. My grandpa has gotten 3 different stories now there is an investigation going on. Pretty horrible if you ask me. We will not give up until we find the true reason. They also let her go with a broke hip for a few weeks. Just beware. And yes. We have proof. They also "misplaced" a whole bag full of personal items and nobody is being held accountable. It was my uncle's rosary and pictures of him who passed away last year. Horrible place.

October 13, 2012

By amandarodriguez

My experiences with the place of Katherine was very positive. I visit my grandmother at anytime. My grandmother always said about the staff kindly. The facility is lovely entering the lobby was like walking into a tourist resort. They have a large open air garden with a water feature for your customers to enjoy. They also have many other services such as parties, and church on Sundays. They also had a large dining area that serves delicious food. I will always be indebted to his staff for the care they gave my grandmother in her last days.

April 18, 2012

By stdntnrse

Katherine's Place has a very pleasant environment. The facilities are top notch, It doesn't feel like a "nursing-home" it has modern furniture and appliances, and the building is tastefully decorated. The building was recently built, it has up to date medical supplies and machines, and luxuries like on site massage and hair stylists. The rehabilitation program is outstanding and there are fun activities everyday ranging from bingo to movie theatre outings. The nursing staff was caring, but the CNA staff seemed to be lacking in authority. At times, I felt as if the nurses just let the CNA's do whatever they wanted. While at this facility, I noticed that many residents loved it there. The residents felt cared for and important, which seems like the most important aspect to me. For the most part, the staff seemed to have a passion for their job. Overall, Katherine's Place has a homelike feel, outstanding onsite programs and activities, and a caring staff.

About Katherine's Place at Wedington

Katherine's Place at Wedington, a place where neighbors become friends, where everyday living is enhanced by meaningful things to do. We've taken the traditional approach to aging and replaced it with a setting that is much more like a community. We are specialists in the art of caring.

Map of Katherine's Place at Wedington