The Springs of Scottsdale

Reviews of The Springs of Scottsdale

Assisted Living Reviews for The Springs of Scottsdale

June 10, 2016

By msbusyRYNUG

My mom is at The Springs in Scottsdale. It is really close to home, which is a big factor. It’s right around the corner from where she lived. It’s a really nice place with wonderful food. Everybody has been super nice. My mom is really happy there. I’m glad we did it. The room is a pretty large size, so she is able to move all her furniture in. They have cards, bridge, bingo, movies, field trips, shopping trips, and games.

We here at The Springs of Scottsdale are so pleased that your Mom is happy here. We wish express our gratitude for you to take the time out of your busy life to review us. We take a lot of stock in how our families feel about The Springs. See you again soon.

May 10, 2016

By MaryanneUTMRS

We toured The Springs of Scottsdale and had a very good lunch there. They were very nice and not as pushy as most places. The rooms were very nice and a little bigger than most places. I would recommend and consider it for ourselves when we are ready to move.

Thank you for the wonderful response to your tour of The Springs. When your are ready to move let us know. We were delighted that you enjoyed your lunch. Look for forward to seeing you again.

April 15, 2016

By Steven Mueller

My friends father lived at The Springs. She talked with her dad a lot and he always told her how happy he was there. She said he liked to eat and always raved about the good food. I then actually had a tour. On my way through, I was able to watch staff, without them knowing, and saw kind and caring interaction. This place is great!

Thank you Steve for taking the time out of you day to let us know what a great job the staff at The Springs of Scottsdale is doing.

November 29, 2015

By Monica15

They were very nice at the Springs of Scottsdale, and I liked the way they fed people. It's very nice, very organized, and clean. I know they give people a ride to their doctors' appointments. They had nice apartments.

April 24, 2015

The Springs of Scottsdale was excellent. I really liked it. It wasn't a huge place, but it had the amenities. My brother would be comfortable there for sure.

March 27, 2014

By Lynn27

I'm living in The Springs. I'm on the third floor, and I have a balcony in my room. My room is very spacious; it is 715 square feet. It is a one-bedroom. It has a small kitchen. There is a place for microwave, a refrigerator, and a small stove. There are lots of activities like card games, poker, bingo, Rummikub, arts stuff, and the like. There is also a lot of entertainment a couple of times a week. They take you out to various stores and outings. They also take you to doctor's appointments. They have a dining room and a salad bar there. They have the specials of the day, but you can also order lots of other things. Overall, I enjoy it quite a bit. I'm glad I made the choice. It is very convenient to my friends and to other places that I go to. I have nothing to compare it to, but as far as I'm concerned, it certainly meets all of my needs. I'm glad I moved here.

September 29, 2013

By GCunningham

My grandmother suffers from Dementia and has been living at this facility for a yr and a 1/2. During this time, the staff has been very rude and seem not to know how to deal with her occasional outbursts. My sister-in-law visited last week and was told she needs more care and that it is available if only they could get through to my brother-in-law who is the power of attorney. Not only have they not contacted him, refusing to verify communication attempts, but instead sent an eviction notice to him the very same day my sister-in-law visited with no option to add more care. Despite paying a year in advance for her care, we are no faced with scrambling to find another facility. After speaking with the director, I was told there is no availability for added care. They lied about contacting my brother-in-law and about available services to my sister-in-law. So much for having peace of mind my grandmother has been in the hands of a caring staff who take care of her needs. Find another facility. They do not care about their residents nor do they have the ability to communicate with their loved ones in a professional, caring manner. I wish we knew all of this before we chose this facility!

April 17, 2012

By FTBaird

Every staff member we ran across was exceptionally nice. The facilities are in great shape, and from what I was told, are kept up nicely all of the time. The pool area was very nice and accommodating for the residents. The food was raved about also, my friends grandmother said it was the best food she has eaten at any of her three assisted living facilities, saying this will be her final stop.

September 01, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a 135 unit building. It is 2 story beautiful building and well maintained. There are indepent with 40 assisted living. They do not separate independent from assisted. They are one and two bedrooms. Fully handicapped equipped. Full kitchens. Emergency lights. They have a restaurant style dining with a daily spcial and alternate menu. Three meals and snacks. The food is good. They have a library, theater, and activities room. They have a small green courtyard, individual patios, a pool and bbq. They have a LPN daily weekdays and on call. Certified caregivers as per resident ratio. A house doctor who comes in and on call. They have a beautician and activities director. They do transport within are to appointments. They have 7 in house activities per day. They go on outings shopping.casinos, luncheons, and are currently planning an outing to prescott. The staff seems caring and residents well cared for. They do have a number of activities.

Independent Living Reviews for The Springs of Scottsdale

Questions about The Springs of Scottsdale

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Springs of Scottsdale. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

80-90 year olds

What programs or activities does The Springs of Scottsdale offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Cards, Bingo, entertainment at least twice a week, exercise classes-yoga & breathing, ball flex, water aerobics, kick start, movies, outings, billiards, poker, etc.

What places are near The Springs of Scottsdale or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

shopping, library, hospital, ball field, senior center.

What transportation services does The Springs of Scottsdale offer to assisted living residents?

7 days a week morning and afternoon to physicians, stores, grocery, pharmacy bank, etc. Sunday's trips to many churches in the area.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Springs of Scottsdale exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All three meals are included for independent and assisted living residents. Exceptional food with multiple menu options.

What safety features or security measures does The Springs of Scottsdale offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour care. Locked community so that no one gets in except residents, their guests and employees after 11 a.m.

How does The Springs of Scottsdale keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We call family anytime there is a fall or incident.

If The Springs of Scottsdale accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept small animals 30 lbs or lower. Lease is needed when in community and outside of community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Regular monthly to bi-monthly training for all employees.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Springs of Scottsdale. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Independent residents are about 100 but that does include residents that have their own private caregivers. 80-90 year old. Entertainment, exercise, Bingo, and outings.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The library, shopping, senior center, Fashion Square Mall, ball field and much more. Great Scottsdale location.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Springs of Scottsdale has organized?

Boat trips in Tempe Lake and Saguero Lake. Sedona Trolley trip, Museums, Theaters, lunch outings, shopping outings, etc.

What transportation services does The Springs of Scottsdale offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled transportation for different venues 7 days a week.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

All of them.

What safety features or security measures does The Springs of Scottsdale offer to independent living residents?

24 hour staff. Locked doors at night.

Walking areas outside the building.

Does The Springs of Scottsdale work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

No we do not normally. Only if we are low on staff and that would be temporarily.

What safety features or security measures does The Springs of Scottsdale provide to protect residents who wander?

We do not have memory care and unless our residents have hired 24 hour care, we recommend a memory care community. We do have sister communities with Memory Care.

Costs for The Springs of Scottsdale

• Pharma

• Tai Chi

• State Licenses: AL6092

About The Springs of Scottsdale

Conveniently located in the heart of historic downtown Scottsdale, The Springs offers Scottsdale Assisted Living residents a maintenance-free, full-service resort lifestyle. Our spacious apartments include private balconies for residents to enjoy, with added peace of mind that comes from 24-hour onsite staff and assisted living services available, as needed, in the privacy of their own apartments.

Situated just a few blocks from unique boutiques, galleries and golf courses, residents enjoy the luxury of a retirement lifestyle with the convenience of our restaurant-style dining room, housekeeping and linen services, beautifully landscaped walking paths, putting green and swimming pool.

The Springs of Scottsdale enjoys a 25 year reputation as a quality, full-service senior community, offering services to make life comfortable and independent. Our hospitality services provide freedom for enjoying rewarding activities and quality time with friends and family. Designed with our residents in mind, our apartment amenities feature:

• Large closets
  • Step-in shower with built-in seat and grab bars
  • Kitchen with frost-free refrigerators, electric ranges and stainless steel sink
  • Complimentary weekly housekeeping and linen services
  • Senior Direct TV and all utilities (except telephone)
  • Internet capability
  • Maintenance services
  • Updated interiors
  • Smoke detectors and sprinkler systems throughout apartment

In addition to being beyond beautiful and clean, when a senior needs to move from Assisted Living to Independent Living, they do not have to move apartment. They get to stay in what is familiar to them. Also, 3 wonderful meals are supplied for both Assisted Living and Independent Living residents along with a delightful salad bar!

Map of The Springs of Scottsdale