VITAS Healthcare Irvine, CA
Reviews of VITAS Healthcare
Hospice Reviews for VITAS Healthcare
May 25, 2018
I am a past client of this provider
April 15, 2012
I am a current client of this provider
August 22, 2011
I am a friend or relative of a resident
May 16, 2011
Interviewed this provider
About VITAS Healthcare
VITAS Healthcare®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.
- Administrative Volunteers
- Patient Care Volunteers
- Telephone Assurance Program (TAP) Volunteers
- Pet Therapy (Paw Pals) Volunteers
- Music Therapy (Threshold Choir) Volunteers
- Volunteers trained to work with Veterans
- Bereavement Volunteers
- Memory Bear Volunteers
- Spiritual Volunteers
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Hair Stylist Volunteers
Special Veterans' Programs
- Recognition when admitted; patients who are Veterans receive Armed Forces Service-specific Certificate of Appreciation and hand-written note of gratitude for the Veteran's service
- Follow-up by Social Worker and/or Chaplain and/or Bereavement Services Manager, as appropriate, if the Veteran and/or family need assistance accessing benefits pre and post death.
- Special Veterans' Day events in the community (Senior Centers, Assisted Living Facilities, etc.)
- Special Memorial Day tribute to families of deceased Veterans
- Grief Support groups facilitated by VITAS staff (Chaplains and Bereavement Service Manager) in the community (Senior Centers, Assisted Living Facilities, etc.).
- Grief Education/Bereavement In-services offered in the community for both family members and friends of the deceased as well as staff members of Assisted Living Facilities, Board and Care facilities, etc.
- Memorial Services at Senior Centers and Assisted Living Facilities
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Specially focused bereavement groups such as those for adult women who recently experienced the death of their mothers; for parents grieving the death of an adult child; for the mentally ill.
- Specially focused bereavement workshops such as "Hope and the Holidays" ; "Remembering our Mothers".
- Veteran Program coordinated by VITAS staff member who is a retired Naval Officer.
- Memorial Programs open to the community (Fall Program prior to Thanksgiving; Spring Program prior to Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day)
- Serve as a Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) site: chaplain interns and residents compliment VITAS staff chaplains and all offer multicultural and interfaith (and in some situations, multilingual) spiritual care for patients and families pre and post death