Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

July 03, 2019

By Reviewer061919

Solstice Senior Living at Normandy seemed professionally run, and people seemed to be treated well. The place was clean. It looked like they had several activities. It was my second choice. The person I went with was excellent. The apartment was small, which was fine. It had a peaceful view.

January 06, 2019

By Greg

Solstice Senior Living at Normandy is very tired. For the price, it needed upgrading. There's also a lack of activities. The staff was friendly enough. The rooms weren't spacious and lacked closet space. One 8-foot closet for two people is inadequate. They served meals which you have to pay for. They had a small library, and a treadmill in the middle of the activities room.

June 30, 2018

By Robert

I visited Solstice Senior Living at Normandy. They have a unique offer which they call, "three thousand reasons to move," which is a $3,000 grant to be used anyway you need. It cleared almost all of the startup fees they have, and they pick up all the utilities and heat, which in Washington was a considerable package. So, we signed up with them, and we will be moving on June 30. Their food is all provided, very good, and high quality. We got a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment. They have a community room and only a microwave in the unit, but they have a full-size refrigerator. They have an exercise facility and a small gym, and we're only 15 minutes away from our PCP, which is a plus for us. The residents are quite happy to be there, and I think we'll be happy there. They don't seem to have a pool for walker exercise. They have bus facilities to take you to any store or shopping center.

January 18, 2017

By Tim464665

I visited and I liked the location and the layout. The place was really clean and older but in really good condition. The staff members I met were really friendly.

November 28, 2016

By Julie631735

My mother is in here and we are very pleased. She transitions very well. I chose it because it is clean and I like the people that I meet when I first come in. It is a smaller community, and people care about one another. The residents are delightful. I can say that 70% or more are very content and happy there. I will recommend them.

November 09, 2016

By Patricia143483

It seemed very nice, my friend is very happy, but they have a buy-in prior to moving in, and she is concerned about that. The staff was very nice and very welcoming, and the food was nice. The apartments seemed nice; the studio was a big square, and it was unfurnished. They have bus service to doctor's appointments and to go shopping, and they have an onsite beauty salon, an exercise room, a library, and a TV room which shows movies; that was nice.

April 25, 2016

By DI2

I had lunch here. I liked the food and everything about it. The staff was very friendly, and I talked to the sales manager the most. It’s clean and spacious. The dining area seated four to a table, and they had a lot of good activities.

October 28, 2015

By Pat114519250

We went here, and I love their rooms and also their bathroom. I love the outside access they had. I just didn’t like the pushiness of the person that was trying to sell that was driving us both crazy.

October 28, 2013

It is a good place for people like my mom. It's very nice and very clean. It is really lovely. It has beautiful grounds. They have activities and stuff like that. They would give their residents rides to the senior center, to their medical appointments, etc. Meals are good and the people there are great. If you want to have assisted care on the side, you can have home health care people come in. They can help you with bathing and showering. They can even take their residents to dinner if needed. They can give you assistance in meds.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Normandy. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 70-90 years old. We do have some residents outside those parameters.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Local dining/shopping. Only12 miles from Pikes Market Close to major Malls. A view of the sound from the property.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Normandy has organized?

Trips to Seattle Art Museum, Casinos and scenic rides.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Normandy offer to independent living residents?

5 days a week shuttle service transport with wheelchair lift. Doctors appointments, shopping and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Normandy exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Elevated, restaurant-style dining includes a variety of ever-changing balanced cuisine, balanced meals, and decadent desserts. 3 meals a day are included in the monthly rate.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Exercise room, library, billiards area, chapel, big screen room, activities center, salon many other common areas for visiting with friends and family.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Normandy offer to independent living residents?

All exterior doors are locked at closing. Divine home care is available overnight. Emergency Pendant is available to all residents.

If Solstice Senior Living at Normandy accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dogs and Cats ok!(with Executive Director discretion on size/breed). We have many grassy play areas and plenty of walkable neighborhood in the local area for animal lovers alike.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Normandy work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Divine home care is on campus and available 24 hours a day.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

fernwoodatthepark.com

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Normandy