Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

April 23, 2016

By Bob123513850

I had a nice meal at Fernwood, which is in the woods. They were very gracious people. The managers are a couple, and the events coordinators, originally from Delhi, India and their English was excellent. They're very nice people who want to see that your needs are met and your wants are included in meeting your needs. The decor on the inside was like a ship. While I was there, they had a pianist that comes around two or three times a week whenever he can and plays music. I really was impressed with that except that they showed me a one-bedroom unit, which had a patio, and I thought it was sort of dry and way too sunny. It’s on the edge of a parking lot, and I thought, “Who would want to sit out here?” It had a canopy over it outside and chairs and tables, but I wasn’t impressed by that. It made the whole unit seem hot. They had good food. Probably of all the places I’ve visited, this is the least expensive. Their studio suite up to 523 sq. ft. was between $1,900 and $2,700; a one-bedroom suite was $2,600 to $3,600; and a two-bedroom suite was $3,800 to $4,200. I thought the best deal was the studio suite, which was much better than the one-bedroom suite that I looked at.

November 30, 2015

By Brenda M1

I like everything about Fernwood at the Park. It is very well staffed, very friendly, very caring. It’s a very nice, clean place. They really take interest in the residents there. They keep an eye on them and make sure that if they don’t see them in a day, they check on them to see if they’re OK, especially for the new ones coming on board. They go above and beyond in that regard. Their meals are very good. They have a very good chef, and their food is very well prepared. They have some very nice walking areas outside, very well-maintained, nice sitting areas. It is a very beautiful park-like setting.

October 28, 2015

By Pat114519250

We went to Fernwood at the Park, and I love their rooms and also their bathroom. I love the outside access they had. I just didn’t like the pushiness of the person that was trying to sell that was driving us both crazy.

June 30, 2014

By Client from the Bahamas

I used to live about 2 miles north of Fernwood Park, for 5 years. My wife liked the place. I'd say there were more like 130 people. It's behind a row of trees, and they have nice flowers out there. The room has a separate bedroom from the living room. My mother-in-law has a much bigger space, and she has all her own furniture in that space and still has lot of storage. My mother-in-law started there back in July last year. She had a hip operation in August. Her monthly bill went up by about $1,000 a week for the all night nurses who stayed in her room. The nurses are extra. They don't have a nursing facility on-site. The food is adequate. There's a small portion or a large portion. It's not spectacular, but it's adequate.

October 28, 2013

Fernwood at the Park is a good place for people like my mom. It's very nice and very clean. It is really lovely. It has beautiful grounds. They have activities and stuff like that. They would give their residents rides to the senior center, to their medical appointments, etc. Meals are good and the people there are great. If you want to have assisted care on the side, you can have home health care people come in. They can help you with bathing and showering. They can even take their residents to dinner if needed. They can give you assistance in meds.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Normandy. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 70-90 years old. We do have some residents outside those parameters.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Local dining/shopping. Only12 miles from Pikes Market Close to major Malls. A view of the sound from the property.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Normandy has organized?

Trips to Seattle Art Museum, Casinos and scenic rides.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Normandy offer to independent living residents?

5 days a week shuttle service transport with wheelchair lift. Doctors appointments, shopping and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Normandy exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Elevated, restaurant style dinning including a variety or ever changing balanced cuisine, balanced meals and decadent deserts. 3meals included in monthly rate.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Exercise room, library, billiards area, chapel, big screen room, activities center, salon many other common areas for visiting with friends and family.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Normandy offer to independent living residents?

All exterior door locked at closing. Divine home care available overnight. Great Call devices available to all residents.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Normandy work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Divine home care is on campus and available 24 hours a day.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• Independent Living Starting At: $1995/month

• About Solstice Senior Living at Normandy

fernwoodatthepark.com

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Normandy