Brookdale Alderwood

Reviews of Brookdale Alderwood

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Alderwood

May 28, 2013

By Steph60778761

Clare Bridge of Lynnwood is in a good location. They cater to different levels of needs or different levels of sickness. The staff was quite helpful. They provided food, entertainment, as well as movies. Although I did not feel that my husband was quite ready for that, and he wasn't in there long enough. Sometimes it seemed they were short staffed.

February 12, 2013

By jmca

I was impressed with how caring the whole staff is. They have the residents care as their 1st priority. New management. Very clean and losts of the residents to do

May 07, 2012

By piccolopatty

They have the best caregivers and nurses. Every time I go see my Aunt, she is clean, happy, and well taken care of. She loves some the activities they have like bingo, crafts, and this new computer they have that lets her chat with me via web cam and sing Kareoke songs. I can't think of a thing they do wrong. They have some patients there who need a lot of attention and care and it's sometimes hard to understand how they can do it all. But, every time I see the care givers with these people, they're lovingly caring for them and involving them in activities. I love this facility. It's awesome!

October 19, 2011

By bucky1

Well it was pretty much a horrible experience. My mother, who was a paraplegic, stayed here after having back surgery. She stayed for nearly a month. In that time they dropped her twice while trying to transfer her from the bed to her wheel chair. They were trying to use a Hoyer lift to do the transfer and it seemed like nobody had ever used one before nor did they want me to show them how to properly use it to do the transfer. I know I do not have any certs or have been officially trained how to use a Hoyer lift but with a little common sense, I had been using it for years and done thousands of transfers. To make matters worse after the first time they did not want listen to my advice and they ended up dropping her again. They are lucky they did not cause any damage to her recent surgery on her back.

September 30, 2011

By CaringGrandma

The staff do nothing to engage the residents. I heard them speaking a foreign language right in front of them and the look on their faces was frightening. They have dementia and anything out of the ordinary just confuses them even more. The State has shut them down three times, the Director has been fired, and the RN was also fired. They can't keep their residents safe. They should be shut down permanently and if you know anyone that has a family member there, you should get them out NOW!
See all Memory Care reviews (13) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Alderwood

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Brookdale offers Home Care Aid training as well as Mental Health and Dementia training. We also offer ongoing monthly safety training at regular staff meetings.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have 6 leadership team members in addition to caregivers based on care needs for the residents who live with us.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Alderwood offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Clare Bridge programming is promoted as well as we have Enhanced Activity hours that go till 8 PM in the evening with full staffing.

Health and Wellness Director conducts assessments and those are done every 6 months.

How does Brookdale Alderwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Executive Director and Health and Wellness Director keeps in contact with families as needed via phone or email. Family Night meetings can also be a good way to engage families. This usually once a month and is a nice meal provided by the community for the family and resident to enjoy together.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Alderwood. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Location is one block from the Alderwood Mall, Costco and several local restaurants. Sits in a neighborhood but less than a mile from the I-5 interstate on ramp. Close to Mukilteo Ferry as well.

Is Brookdale Alderwood affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No affiliation with hospitals.

Photos of Brookdale Alderwood

• Insurance
  • Credit Card
  • Check

About Brookdale Alderwood

Hospice and therapy services available, visiting primary care, OPTUM insurance plan dementia specialist

Secured outside walking paths that include raised flower beds, courtyard seating and water feature.

Map of Brookdale Alderwood