Brookdale Silver Lake

Reviews of Brookdale Silver Lake

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Silver Lake

March 26, 2014

By caring020317

Clare Bridge at Silver Lake wouldn't take my mom. We did like the unit, the way they were set up and everything. Its cleaner and more organized. The accommodation is very nice. We don’t have to worry about buying new furniture to fit in a studio apartment. I saw everybody throwing a ball when I visited. It seemed like an ok place, I think my mom would have been ok there. We liked this one better than the others.

December 24, 2013

Clare Bridge seemed very clean and well maintained. It was also very organized. They had activities going when I was there. I like their activities; they seem to be interesting. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. The director showed me around and I like the rooms and the services they provided which included hair salon, church services and things like that. However, this facility was very expensive.

June 26, 2012

By Katyn12

The staff seemed kind and accommodating, the residents seemed happy and relaxed. They also seemed to be taking it easy and enjoying there time at this facility. I conversed with many of the residents, all of them were enjoyable and great to talk to about all sorts of topics. Other than the residents and caretakers there were also fun and interesting activities available to the residents, some of them being puzzles and computer access, a lounge, community activities, and even karaoke to bring enjoyment and fun to everyone. The area around, and the facility itself were in great shape. All of the paint was in pristine condition, the infrastructure safe, and the fixtures and materials in the rooms were in great shape and seemed to be designed to accommodate any number of disabilities easily. None of the workers or the residents seemed to be in a particularly angry, stressed, or depressed mood. Everyone seemed to be friendly and there was a nice community feel about it.

July 30, 2011

By Amanda P.

My aunt lives at this facility and I visit her about twice a month. It's a beautiful home! It's located right near Silver Lake and has a view of the water. The entry is decorated to be very welcoming and home-like. All of the staff I have interacted with have been friendly and helpful. My aunt has some memory loss and they're always so gentle with her. I've never tried the food myself but my aunt seems to like it. I've also been there during scheduled activities and my aunt and her friends really seem to enjoy the activities. My aunt had a fall a few months ago (she slipped when trying to take a shower herself even though she normally needs help with that) and the staff was really responsive. She was in the hospital for a short time and her favorite caregiver even came to visit her in the hospital and bring her some items from her room. Very nice touch! If I had to live at an assisted care facility, I'd definitely like to live at this one!
See all Memory Care reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Silver Lake

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Brookdale conducts Home Care Aid training, Mental Health and Dementia training as well as ongoing safety training monthly at staff meetings.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

This is based on the care needs of the residents we currently have. Staffing ratios can change weekly based on resident needs.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Silver Lake offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Optimum Life – our focus on the well-being of our residents, including resources/solutions for all teams and departments to engage, educate, and promote well-being. Resident Programs – support for our Resident Program associates in every community – resources, contacts, and tools to support the engagement of our residents. Alzheimer's & Dementia Care – support and expertise for our Clare Bridge associates, community leaders and operations partners.

Our Health and Wellness Director RN will assess. We do assessments every 6 months or if there is a change in condition.

How does Brookdale Silver Lake keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Executive Director and Health and Wellness Director keep in touch daily / weekly with families as well as monthly Family Nights are attended. Anytime there is a change in condition or issue we are in touch to help find solutions.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Silver Lake. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in the beautiful Silver Lake area just a block from Providence Clinic and Fred Meyer. Just across the street from Silver Lake Park.

Is Brookdale Silver Lake affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospital.

Photos of Brookdale Silver Lake

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Silver Lake

• Coffee Shop

• Nurse On Staff: We Are Staffed 24/7 With Licensed Nursing.

• Activities Extra: Cluster And Individual Activities Appropriate To A Memory Care Population.

• Diabetic
  • Special Diets
  • Low Salt
  • Diet Extra: We Offer Controlled Carbohydrate Diet And No Added Salt As Well As Mechanically Altered Texture Diets.

• Languages Extra: English

Payment options

• Insurance
  • Check

About Brookdale Silver Lake

support with ADLs and IADLs, including 2 person transfer assist and medication administration under RN delegation. Ours is a behaviorally based program for individuals not a threat to themselves or others.

Map of Brookdale Silver Lake