Bethany at Silver Lake

Reviews of Bethany at Silver Lake

Nursing Home Reviews for Bethany at Silver Lake

June 23, 2011

By ElnCharms

My grandfather was suffering from mild dementia. We knew that he could no longer stay in his own home unassisted, and we worried a great deal about what moving to a new environment would do to his state of mind. This was my mother's dad, so my mom and I toured many facilities in the Everett area. Many of the facilities were great and we started to feel more comfortable about the situation. When we went to Bethany, we knew we had found the place. The environment felt very warm and caring from the minute we stepped in, not institutionalized at all. The room my grandpa ended up settling in was excellent, and bigger than other places we had looked at. Because of his dementia issues, eating and personal hygiene were areas that he needed help with. When he stopped showing up for meals, he was reminded that he needed to eat. When he stopped brushing his teeth and shaving, he was assisted. In a few short weeks, my grandpa, who had been living alone and mostly isolated since my grandmother had died the year before, was communicating with people his own age on a daily basis. After a few months, he even had a girlfriend and it warmed out hearts to see my grandpa move on with his life. We strongly feel that even though it was a difficult decision to move my grandpa out of his home, this ended up being the best scenario possible and my grandpa thrived in assisted living. The best thing about Bethany too was that there was a nursing facility connected with Bethany so that in the event that grandpa needed to transfer to a nursing home, the transition would have been easy.

Services and Amenities of Bethany at Silver Lake

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Bethany at Silver Lake

Bethany at Silver Lake is a senior living provider in Everett, Washington that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Bethany at Silver Lake for more details on services and rates.

Map of Bethany at Silver Lake