Dunlop House

Reviews of Dunlop House

Assisted Living Reviews for Dunlop House

October 01, 2012

By flapjack

My elderly great aunt was a resident here several years ago. She was very happy and comfortable during her time in this facility. It was her choice to be here. She wanted to go into assisted living as she did not want to "be a burden" on her family. (Those were her words, not ours. We wouldn't have felt she was a burden but she insisted.) We were worried that she would basically be institutionalized in a cold sterile hospital environment with unfriendly staff. Once she actually moved in, we were extremely pleased to find out that our fears were completely unfounded. She was allowed to bring her own personal "stuff" with her such as furniture and small decorative items. The facility is quite attractive. The staff is very competent and friendly. Not only that, they are always available, and they treat every one with respect. I was very pleased to find this facility.

November 17, 2011

By JayKay1

My mother-in-law is a resident here, and loves it. Assisted living wasn't an easy choice for her, or her family to make. The first thing I noticed upon visiting was how beautiful Dunlop House is. My mother-in-law has always had an eye for decorating, and has done a beautiful job in her own room. The fact that she was able to bring her own furniture and personal knick-knacks was a great joy for her. The staff at Dunlop House is amazing. They are available 24/7, but aren't at all intrusive. The residents here are treated like the adults they are. They aren't treated like children, the way some traditional "nursing" homes do. I really thought this would be a very hard adjustment for her, but she has flourished here at Dunlop House. I heartily recommend it to anyone thinking about assisted living. In fact, I am nowhere near retirement age, but I wish I could live here!

Services and Amenities of Dunlop House

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Dunlop House

Dunlop House is a senior living provider in Colonial Heights, Virginia that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Dunlop House for more details on services and rates.

Map of Dunlop House