Heatherwood Retirement Community Burke, VA

Reviews of Heatherwood Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Heatherwood Retirement Community

November 30, 2015

By Bev B.

My mother lives in Heatherwood. She’s been at Heatherwood for one year. The facility is a very nice facility. She has her own apartment. They have studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedrooms apartments. We got her a one-bedroom. My brother and I checked out several places before we chose Heatherwood. Heatherwood was the nicest one we could find in that price range. The other thing that was attractive about Heatherwood is the location; it’s halfway between where I live and my brother lives. They have 24-hour nursing care, nurses on-site, and they have nurse's aides who check on her at least every two hours. They make sure she gets all her meals and activities. They have several things going on every day. Because she has the assisted-living package, she gets three meals a day. If you don’t have assisted living and you’re just paying basic, you get one meal a day.

January 30, 2013

By Sandra13

I like the location and the amenities that Heatherwood Retirement offers. It has been very good for my mom. The staffing level is appropriate and I think they're very caring people. I have always found them to be very helpful. The facility is kept very clean. They beautifully decorated the facility during Christmas and Thanksgiving, and they had a lovely Christmas party for the residents and their families. They even have Santa Claus for the grandchildren with presents. I have found them to be willing to go the extra mile. My mother's room has a full bath, a kitchen, and large enough for a loveseat and tables, chest for her clothes, and closets to keep her wheelchair and her coats. Someone would come in to clean her room thoroughly once a week. The food for the most part is good. They have a little bistro area, library, a large outside patio area, sunroom with wicker furniture, and a large meeting room where there's a large screen TV for special presentations. They also have some folks who would come to help them with arts and crafts. They also have a residents' group that help to address any problems that they might have with management.

Independent Living Reviews for Heatherwood Retirement Community

August 21, 2012

By JessiLH92

Heatherwood Retirement Community in Burke, Virginia is a wonderful, inviting community! Residents get to live in apartments with the added benefit of caregivers that are on site twenty-four hours a day. This is a wonderful environment for elderly people who still want to be independent but may need more care in their old age. The apartments have a lot of space and are easily accessable for those who may need help with mobility due to needing a walker or wheelchair. The community has a gym, a chapel, and many other recreational features for residents and their guests to enjoy! They have parking for those who drive, as well as transportation for those who don't. They even have an on-site pharmacy! Each apartment has it's own bathroom and kitchenette, as well as emergency call services so that residents can get in touch with a nurse when needed. The staff are very friendly and helpful! Room service is offered as well. It is a warm and loving environment and many of the apartments have a pretty view! I would feel very confident that my grandmother would be taken care of at Heatherwood!

April 19, 2012

By Beatrix

This facility is well built and well maintained, and decorated like a comfortable but upscale home. The staff is friendly and respectful, very familiar with all the residents. The head nurse knew my grandmother used to be a nurse, and addressed her as an esteemed peer. The staff kept a close eye on her and her eating habits, and were instrumental in identifying when her dementia worsened.

Nursing Home Reviews for Heatherwood Retirement Community

Photos of Heatherwood Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Heatherwood Retirement Community

• Pharma

• Pets: All Pets

About Heatherwood Retirement Community

Heatherwood Retirement Community is a gracious senior living rental community nestled in a charming residential setting in Burke, Virginia. Residents of Heatherwood enjoy the independence of an apartment lifestyle with spacious floor plans and the security of twenty-four hour nursing staff.

We invite you to tour our community and experience the warmth and compassion that makes Heatherwood Retirement Community a wonderful place to call home!

Map of Heatherwood Retirement Community