Discovery Village at Dominion San Antonio

Reviews of Discovery Village at Dominion

Assisted Living Reviews for Discovery Village at Dominion

June 06, 2019

By Kelly0509

My Mother lived there from July of 2018, fell at the facility in December, and was in rehab until the second week of March. We moved her back into what they told me would be the highest level of care, with a room next to the nurses station. I was told this was the best room due to the location next to a nurse. I later found out there’s only one nurse on staff for the entire facility, and that the station was never manned. Staff would walk by her room to check and see if she was ok, but I would still come by several times a week to make sure she was being taken care of, to visit with her, etc. Unfortunately my Mother passed away from a heart attack on April 9th, and I regret moving her back here. This facility has been sold to new corporate offices, and getting help closing out her account has been a nightmare. It’s now June 6th, and the corporate office doesn’t have information on my Mother, so I am still in limbo with no end in sight. It’s a “pretty” place on the outside, but dealing with the directors and staff here has been horrible. I am still heartbroken with grief and guilt, and simply want to advise people looking for care to please take this into consideration - if your loved one is unable to care for themselves, and have memory care issues, do careful research. If I could turn back the clock I would have kept her in my home and hired home health care.

January 23, 2019

By Annemarie Montera

My parents were in the Assisted Living portion of the facility for about 3 months. My mother, who has Alzheimer's became very scared and agitated. My father began to decline physically and my sister had to MOVE in with them since even with increased level of care we were scared to leave them alone. Staffing over the holidays was even less than inadequate. I came to give my sister time to go home and were met by staff that were upset my sister was longer there TO DO THIER JOB. Last straw came, after MANY BROKEN STRAWS, was when my father went into respiratory failure and, thankfully, MY SISTER was there to call EMTs....when she pressed the button for assistance once again, like so many times before, NO ONE CAME...until the EMTs came in and they figured out who they had been called for! My father passed away before we could get them moved out but my mother is now out, at home WITH MY SISTER, and once again happy and thriving. MY FAMILY DOES NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY FOR ANY TYPE OF CARE THAT YOUR FAMILY MEMBER MIGHT NEED.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Isle at Watercrest Dominion. We are very proud of our community along with the community’s abundant amenities. However, we are most proud of the caring and compassionate team members who serve the residents, families and vendors of the community. We are committed to the quality and care of all our residents. We are saddened and concerned to hear of your review and experience. We would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your family, the care that was provided along with the detailed progress notes. In partnering together, we can address concerns in a collaborative fashion more expeditiously. We welcome you to meet with our Executive Director, Wyndee Wendland, to address any issues or concerns further.

November 18, 2018

By HB

Isle at Watercrest Dominion was very nice place. The people were very nice. The place seemed very well kept. It was very convenient too; it would have been great. It was really a nice place. They have independent living, then they go down to assisted living, and then they have memory care. It has everything there. The rooms were a good size. They were bedrooms. We're not talking about apartments or studio type units, but they have a bathroom between them, and they were big enough to include a small sitting area. The residents have an area where they can do crafts. I didn't really see a whole lot of interaction.

August 30, 2018

By Whitney

I visited Isle at Watercrest Dominion. They have a really nice facility, they are very active, and they have lots of activities that I could see my family members being interested in. They have lots of amenities that she would find useful; the staff was super helpful. I would actually consider putting other family members there. They keep their residents very active, and there are lots of interesting things to do there. I was able to check their menu, and there was lots of good food on their menu.

May 07, 2018

By Eurshel

I went to Isle at Watercrest Dominion, and it's very nice. The staff was very nice, she took both of us to the facility, but it's so away from home, about 20 miles away, and I would have to go on a major freeway. I saw the dining area, and they have a nice place for people to walk, so they can feel more at home, not enclosed in a room.

November 20, 2017

By PW

Isle at Watercrest Dominion was a very large complex. They have memory care, nursing home, and assisted living all in the same area. I was very impressed with them. It was all very well taken care of. They have trees and flowers all around. Everything was well-manicured. The buildings were nice. I talked to the director and another woman and they were very nice. The lobby was very clean. The staff was very helpful and very friendly.

Independent Living Reviews for Discovery Village at Dominion

March 08, 2017

By Fernando505072

Watercrest at The Dominion was a very complete place. It had all the different areas where one can go in from assisted to nursing home. They have nurses there in their nursing home 24/7, but that is priced higher. The place is very nice. I like the fact that you can get the help that you needed.

February 26, 2017

By Rebecca711046

Watercrest at Dominion was brand new and really modern. There were exercises, water aerobics, and crafts. They served breakfast, but then you have to buy a meal plan every month, which was a little odd, for lunch and dinner. I thought the price was wonderful. They had a barber shop, a beauty shop, an outdoor heated pool, game rooms, TV rooms, computer rooms, and lots of amenities. They even have a pet park where you can take your pet, which was really nice. The staff was very friendly, nice, very ready to help you, and even do more than what you expected. We had lunch one time, and the food was OK, but the service was quite slow. The residents told me they have to wait quite a while to be served.

December 16, 2016

By Sandra833047

My parents selected Watercrest at Dominion. It is a brand-new facility that costs about $1,000 less a month than anywhere else we checked. We are able to get a locked-in rate. We showed it to our parents, and they offered us to stay for lunch which they provided. The food was great. The apartments are much more spacious than anywhere else, and the price can't be beaten.

November 08, 2016

By Pam164413

Watercrest at Dominion was very pretty, but it was too expensive. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were beautiful.

Questions about Discovery Village at Dominion

What programs or activities does Discovery Village at Dominion offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Currently we have (3) activity directors: (1) for assisted living community, (2) specifically for our memory care community and lastly, weekend activity director.

What places are near Discovery Village at Dominion or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are near The Rim and La Cantera where there are plenty of shopping centers & restaurants.

What transportation services does Discovery Village at Dominion offer to assisted living residents?

Take them to doctors appointments & fun outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Discovery Village at Dominion exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Daily chef prepared meals with All Day Menu for lunch & dinner. We also have Dining with Dignity for those that live in our memory care community.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Discovery Village at Dominion. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Median age is 75...very activity and fun group.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Many restaurants, La Canterra and RIM shopping centers. Golf courses and Boerne Texas right up the road

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Discovery Village at Dominion has organized?

Tobin Center andthe Dinner Theater

What transportation services does Discovery Village at Dominion offer to independent living residents?

We transport to the doctors, shopping and fun activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Discovery Village at Dominion exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Diverse Gourmet dinning options from our award winning chef.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Many Amenities to include Fitness Center, Heated Covered Swimming

What safety features or security measures does Discovery Village at Dominion offer to independent living residents?

double locks on Doors, 24 hour concierge service, key fob entrance

If Discovery Village at Dominion accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have the outside animal park where residents can take their pets to play off leash

Does Discovery Village at Dominion work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We provide assisted living and memory care along with our independent living

Costs for Discovery Village at Dominion

Photos of Discovery Village at Dominion

Services and Amenities of Discovery Village at Dominion

• Get Costs

About Discovery Village at Dominion

Discovery Village at Dominion is just a short distance from downtown San Antonio, TX, simultaneously offering residents access to large city amenities and the peacefulness of a small neighborhood. This culturally historic region features a diverse range of recreational activities for seniors and their families to explore and enjoy, including shopping, golf courses, parks and world-famous attractions, such as Sea World, the Alamo and the San Antonio River Walk, a 15-mile urban waterway that winds through the heart of the city.

Discovery Village at Dominion is an assisted living and memory care community that offers seniors a resort-style environment where they can live independently while receiving any support they need. Residents can choose from a variety of floor plans in apartments that feature granite countertops, walk-in closets, individual climate controls and emergency call systems. The community’s specially trained team of caregivers focuses on helping each resident maintain and improve their health and overall wellness.

Residents can take part in the community’s daily activities program, which includes games, arts and crafts, musical performances, movie nights and excursions into the local area. In their free time, seniors have full use of the community's Grande Clubhouse and its beauty salon and spa, heated swimming pool and fitness center.

Map of Discovery Village at Dominion