Regent Care Center of League City

Reviews of Regent Care Center of League City

Nursing Home Reviews for Regent Care Center of League City

August 28, 2014

By familyfirst17

My brother and I toured this facility and thought it would a great place to for my mom who was diagnosed with dementia in 2008. When setting everything up, I did let the facility know that she does wander around and they assured me that it would not be a problem because they have monitors that will sound an alarm if she tried to exit the building. She entered the facility less than 2 months ago. Everything was going well and I have been pleased with her health so far. There were days when I would visit and she would be up walking around with other residents and was very responsive. She rarely speaks but on good days will nod and smile. I had a phone conference a couple of weeks ago and the nurses and social worker told me she was doing really well, she is very sweet, and they love having her there. Two days ago I recieved a call stating that her face was a bit swollen and they felt she needed to see the dentist because they thought she may have an infection in her mouth. Yesterday I get a call from a new social worker who stated my mother wanders around to much and they want me to move her to a different facility because she could just walk out the door and they can't have that kind of liability. They gave me 30 days to find a new facility for her. The thing that upsets me is that I placed my mom in this facility and they assured me there would not be an issue and less than 2 months later, I have to uproot her again and find new home for her.....

February 12, 2014

By feelingfrustrated

My Mom was placed in this facility and received great care until about 6 months ago, She no longer gets her showers, the food is horrible. She doesnt get proper medical care. If you care for your loved one I would not suggest placing them in this facility.I am rating one star only because I don't have a no star option

November 20, 2012

By mgmign

My wife, during the course of her dementia after we moved to League City, was in three different skilled nursing facilities for rehabilitation. This was the only one of three where I felt I did not have to look over their shoulder to make sure she got proper care. The place is clean -- not the usual nursing home smells -- and the staff was friendly and attentive. Although I brought her home on hospice, I would not have felt devastated to place her here as a resident. I cannot say the same about the other nursing homes I've seen.

July 27, 2011

By AbbysMom

The facility is beautiful,however, after placing my mom there I realized that their care was not up to par. After daily visits, I felt that they acted as if the residents were objects and not human beings. They crushed meds because they didn't want to take the time for the patient to swallow medication, lost clothes even though a sign was on the door that the family would do the laundry. It is also hard to get someone to help with problems ... you are referred to several people before finally being told that you must file a grievence and wait for the results. I moved mom to a personal care home and she has began to heal and have a better quality of life that this home had told me would never happen.

Services and Amenities of Regent Care Center of League City

About Regent Care Center of League City

Regent Care Center of League City is a senior living provider in League City, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Regent Care Center of League City for more details on services and rates.

Map of Regent Care Center of League City