Harbourview Care Center

Reviews of Harbourview Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Harbourview Care Center

June 25, 2013

By caring4458

I like Harbourview Care Center, but the staff wasn't there for them. The rooms were big and they had better activities. I like their activities because they can be more intuitive. They also have good quality of food. They were always changing staff and I feel like they were short-staffed all the time and there was a quick turnover, so the quality of care was not that good. It's a good facility, but the staff weren't there long enough. I felt they have a lot more room for improvement for their staff.

April 25, 2013

By DisappointedinHarbourviewCareCenter

Other

I will say the facility itself is very nice & clean, and their food for the patients is very good. On the downside, unless your loved one is confined to a wheel chair this is not the place for them. They over medicate. I suggest you go in there and ask for a copy of your loved ones chart and see how many pills per day they are given. It's as if the caregivers don't want to leave their "nursing station" to attend the patients needs. I will say there were a few that were compassionate but there was also 2 that were rude and should have chosen a totally different profession. When putting your loved one in a nursing home, I suggest you thoroughly ask around, even to the extent of asking other patients family members their recommendations. 5 stars for cleanliess, 5 stars for quantity and quality of food, 5 stars for beauty shop, 2 stars for nursing and 0 stars for honest compassion. To some of them, its a J-O-B, not something they do out of love for their patients.

March 22, 2012

By Spacidy

Overall, I think this facility is very nice. I visited this facility on multiple occassions when selling medical products and also went into many of the resident's rooms as well. The facility always looked and smelled clean. They offer community eating areas, activity areas and a salon. There is also an on site therapy room in which patients can recieve Physical or Occupational Therapy. I have witnessed one of the group activities: It consisted of a large group session where the residents disscussed various topics and told stories about various experiences (past vacations were the topic when I visited). I like that they encourage communication and friendships among the residents. Some residents even have pets in their room which is nice if you or your family member has a pet that is near & dear to their heart. Overall, it seems like the staff generally cares about the residents, it is clean, new & updated facility with activities and fun as well as medical care.

About Harbourview Care Center

Harbourview Care Center is a senior living provider in League City, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Harbourview Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Harbourview Care Center