Baywind Village Convalescent Center

Baywind Village Convalescent Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Baywind Village Convalescent Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Baywind Village Convalescent Center

November 30, 2015

We chose Baywind Village Convalescent Center because it is convenient to where we live. It is one of the two nursing homes in our area, and it is approved by Medicare. The people are very friendly. My wife’s room is small, with two people in it.

November 11, 2015

By MR. Alvarado

My mother was recently transferred here for rehab after a long stay at the hospital. I am not impressed with this facility. It seems to be under staffed at night and patients are going unattended for long periods of time. from day one my questions where not met with good explanations and my concerns were not set to ease. And after two days my worse fears were confirmed with a early morning call that my mother had fallen after only being at the facility for two days. her fall was due to no one responding to her call light for a lengthy time for her to reach the restroom. after that day it seemed the staff had addressed the issue and she was being check on regularly. un till today when I visit and she informed me of her call light going off for 8 + hrs before being responded too, at which point she could not hold her bladder for any longer she soiled her self. and minimal effort was given to her to clean her up. Ian completely dissatisfied with facility and hope this type of neglect is not happening to other peoples family members at this facility.

July 04, 2015

By Diane S.

My mother was in Baywind Village Convalescent Center. I didn’t want to go back to it. Her doctor didn’t come in until after midnight and was never there during the day. That’s not right; they ought to be more available. I ended up calling that doctor and said she needed to continue her treatment for UTI. No one ever continued the treatment. They took her back to the hospital in critical condition, with a severe UTI and pneumonia, and her blood pressure was 70/30 or something. She was hospitalized for a week; she almost died. When she finally got admitted and got severe, that’s when the doctor called me. It was too late; she was out in hospital.

July 01, 2015

By toofewoptions

My Mother was at Baywind for a couple of months during 2014. I was excited when they accepted her from a long-term-care facility as the place seemed clean and well-staffed. But, I don't think Baywind was thrilled to have my Mother who has Alzheimer's and needed transfer assistance. I think she required more care than they were interested in providing. Probably a great facility if your loved one can take care of themselves.

March 07, 2015

By Jean105583250

Right now my sister is in Baywind Village for rehab, and she broke her shoulder and dislocated her hip. This is my sister’s third stay, and the staff has always been very helpful and conscientious. The management is willing to listen to the patient’s inputs and concerns. They keep the facility very clean. At the Christmas party, they did a wonderful job of welcoming the visitors. The rooms are shared rooms and not very big, but I like the way they’re laid out because they give the patients a lot of privacy. They have a large dining area, but my sister is not very happy about the food. The management took her input to make corrections so the patients can get hot food. By the time the food was served, it was cold. They have a beauty shop on site, and I do know they do publish a calendar with various events.

February 10, 2015

I liked Baywind Village. They were friendly and helpful. I like the size of the rooms better than the semi-private. After my husband was in the hospital, they didn't have a bed. Because he has Alzheimer's and he is not friendly, I wasn't really that focused on the activities. I like the room. I liked the director of nursing, and everyone was friendly. I just like the feeling here better than the other place I visited.

January 05, 2015

By knicole

nice smell and pleasant atmosphere. However, nursing staff and administrators seem to lack patience, care/concern, and understanding of patients with complex diagnoses such as brain injury. Many patients left sitting in the hallway for extended periods of time. Seems less tolerant of more dependent clients and clients with atypical behaviors, such as those with alzheimers and brain injuries. Unable and unwilling to consider individualized behavioral and cognitive interventions for those who would benefit from them

June 22, 2012

By h-tremble

I usually dislike going to nursing homes because I feel like the people who are in the home are helpless waiting to go onto the afterlife. But that wasn't the case at this particular place. I must havedriven past this place over a dozen times but I had never expected this to be a nursing home i more expected it to be to a higher end apartment complex(couldnt be more wrong right!) I was out ofstate when my grandfather moved in there so naturally as soon as i got back i hussled right over and i was shocked as i rolled up to see a familar building. I had always loved hearing my grandfathers stories and as i entered i was suprised to see my grandfather swapping war tales with other veterans they were all interesting individuals. I love visiting him and his new found friends i would definly recommendanybody to send their loved ones there.

Services and Amenities of Baywind Village Convalescent Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Baywind Village Convalescent Center

Baywind Village Convalescent Center is a senior living provider in League City, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Baywind Village Convalescent Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Baywind Village Convalescent Center