Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation

Reviews of Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation

March 17, 2017

By neverlengendoakskaty

If I could give ZERO stars I would! I am warning you to NEVER leave a loved one at this facility. Just about every nurse and nurse's aid has the most hostile attitude toward people. I absolutely was horrified to see it with my own eyes. If you ever asked ANYTHING from these employees you are quickly given the Evil Eye Look as if you were a bother to them! I do believe that this place has spiraled to lowest pit it could possibly go to. It used to be a good place but the employees there are VERY RUDE and have absolutely ZERO compassion for their patients. My father almost died there in less than a week for lack of care. HE WENT AN ENTIRE DAY THE 1ST DAY THERE WITHOUT A DROP OF WATER!!!!! Even though he rang the bell several times if someone would finally show up at all, they would say yeah okay and never come back! If you love your family member, DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!

August 15, 2016

By J.C.111501

My husband was at Legend Oaks. There were certain things neither my husband or I were happy about. They were doing physical and occupational therapy and reported to Medicare that he was not making progress on his therapy and because of that, Medicare would not pay for the nursing home. The nursing home discharged him. We hired another caregiver in our house, and he made good progress, so I am not sure if they were tolerant of my husband at the nursing home. When I went to the nursing home to visit my husband, the nurses would come in to test his blood sugar and it seemed like it was always in the 200s.

January 31, 2016

By Lydia12

Before I put her in Legend Oaks I had visited, and interviewed several places down there. I would have to say I would probably give it, right now, a C +. There was a lot of turnover just in a short time. As far as cleanliness I would give it a five. It’s very clean, but the food would be a two.

July 28, 2015

By Lisa110598550

My mom actually just got out of Legend Oaks today. She has been there on two different occasions, and we were not happy there. We had a lot of problems with getting her medicine on time, them not ordering medicine on time, and the food being really bad. I ended up cooking and bringing food there because the food was so bad. Even though I told them on several occasions how important it was for her to get her pain medicine on schedule, they weren’t good about giving it on schedule. At one point, my mom called me, I had to run up there and give her a pill, and then there was an instance when a nurse claimed that she gave her a pill and she didn't, so she lied about it. We just had some major issues on medicines over there. They might just not be properly staffed. They had some good nurses, and then they had others that weren't so good. One day, they gave my mom's medicine to her roommate, but the roommate, because she was of clear mind, noticed it wasn't hers, so she didn't take it. Like I said, rarely did they do a good job of giving her medication on schedule. Like today, I was checking her out, and they've known for over a week that she was going to be checking out today, and they didn't have her discharge papers ready. Then, they found out when they were going over her medicine that there were a few medicines they needed to reorder, and they hadn't done it. That could have caused a problem, but I caught the mistake and told them, "Hey, there is only one pill left," and it is not fair for the assisted living place to have to order that because they won't get it on time, and there was one medicine they were completely out of, so they don't really keep a good eye on things like that over there. Like I said, the food was extremely bad. They had a lot of patients losing weight over there. I am really disappointed; I feel really sorry for those patients who have dementia, and they don't know. Their minds are gone, so they wouldn't know if someone was giving them the wrong medicine or not. It can really be life threatening. They really need to do better about the medicine. They kind of let things slide. My mom had a bad skin infection that they had treated at the hospital, so they knew how important it was to keep that area clean and to give her antibiotics, and they didn't always do the treatment correctly and consistently. And they didn't give her her daily showers, just some things like that. This skilled nursing place definitely wouldn't get a good review from me. Just because medicine is so critical and food is important because those patients need good food to get stronger, I'd probably give them a two. They need to probably do a better job of hiring qualified nurses, and maybe provide better training. I am not sure what the root of their problem is. I don't know if people are quitting, and they are understaffed, or what it was, and they don't seem to communicate well with one another. I think they need to improve the lines of communication and probably training for their nurses. They really have room for a lot of improvement.

March 24, 2015

By Lynette4

The nurse staffing, the CNAs, and everybody else was great with my father and our family. I have no complaints whatsoever, and I would definitely recommend Legend Oaks to anybody that needs a place for their parents. They are constantly attending to him. The rooms are very comfy. He is in a semi-private room that has a big bathroom, and each of them has their own dresser, closet, TV, and telephone. He is happy with the service in the dining room. He gets a variety of everything, but his diet is restricted. I've never seen anybody complain about the food. As we walked the hallways, it's clean and there is no smell. It doesn't even smell like a hospital, so we liked it.

July 26, 2014

By Allette

Would have been good to know how the nursing & rehab worked prior to selecting this facility. they did not work well together for us during a 5 month stay. Had to go to another facility.

About Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation

Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation is a senior living provider in Katy, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation for more details on services and rates.

Map of Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation