Harrison at Heritage

Reviews of Harrison at Heritage

Nursing Home Reviews for Harrison at Heritage

March 08, 2017

By Tropicalsunset123

Do not I repeat Do not place your loved one at this facility. My loved one has been at this facility for several years now. My loved one is bedbound and needs more nursing assistance. On Medicare's website review/inspection of this facility was below average under long term pt care. Some of the nurses are great, however it doesn't make up for the shortcoming and shortstaffed nursing shifts. Unless you are prepared to visit each day at different times of the day or night, look elsewhere. The night shift is particularly horrible. If you place your loved one at any facility, I recommend getting a WiFi enabled (the center has wi fi centerwide)security camera & place it in your loved ones room. There is no guarantee that this will improve the nursing/patient ratio, but you can set the camera to detect motion & it will notify you on your smartphone if there is motion in the room by the pt or anyone who steps in the room. Think twice before placing you loved one at this facility. In 1 instance the pt's were down in the dining room at lunch on a weekend day. No one brought most the pt's drinks & 45 min after the pt's were called to the dining room, the pt's hadn't been served their lunch. BEWARE!!!!!

March 02, 2017

By ddp

I want to thank the Harrison for taking such great care of the grandfather of a very dear friend of mine. He was treated so very kind with the greatest rehab team ever. He had been in the hospital for over 45 days, very sick, weak and unable to speak to due to a bad stroke. He was at The Harrison for 14 days and now is out on the golf coarse doing what he enjoys most. We thank your team for all they did and for such great care provided.

December 11, 2016

By Lp12

The rehabilitation for stroke recovery is excellent. My husband has been at The Harrison over a week and everyone from Justin and Gloria to PT and nursing supervisor have reached out to ensure he is receiving the care he needs. All of the staff I've encountered have been caring and kind. There is always someone around who will help even if they're not assigned to him that day. I was skeptical about bringing him here after reading some of the negative reviews but now I'm glad I did My husband feels cared for and happy. The rehabilitation section of The Heritage is top notch!

October 30, 2016

By Dantrent

I will start by saying that the property is nice at first glance. When you enter the physility it is pretty and inviting. That is all it is! We have been very displeased and discouraged with the care that our loved one is receiving. The wait time for help to the bathroom or a drink of water are unacceptable! We have been told that someone will be right back, not to return for hours. If your loved one is wanting rehab do not send them here. They will lay in their bed waiting for someone to not show up. Horrible!! I have never been so disappointed and disgusted with the care that is promised and absolutely not received. I have made many visits only to see staff on their phones and iPads. I watched as they take selfies and talk on their phones when someone is in need of attention. Please, if you are considering this center do your research. Do not settle for anything less than what the people You love deserve. I would absolutely not recommend bringing your loved ones here.

October 16, 2016

By caregiver5656

We had a family member here recently. I’ll start with the good. The place doesn’t smell. Some of the CNAs, who do the bulk of the work, are compassionate and contentious; however, even those who are cannot keep up with the work required of them so wait times are very, very long for responding to basic patient needs. Some of the nurses are very competent and appear to be caring. The food, although not very healthy, is edible. The receptionists are outstanding and we relied on them many times when we could not get administrators, directors, and managers to respond to us. The bad. The sales process is very slick, but misrepresents the quality of care your loved one will receive. No amount of faux fancy décor can cover up the stink of the administration, who with a few exceptions, are incompetent, unresponsive, uncaring. They routinely do not do what they are asked to, or say they will do. The “Circle of Excellence” meeting regarding patient discharge held with families is a joke and should be renamed “The Unconnected Lump of Mediocrity at Best”. Some of the employees who should have been at our meeting were not, including the Case Manager, who is responsible for discharge planning. The meeting is basically to tell you when your loved ones benefits will run out, which they could do over the phone. No other useful information is provided at the meeting. The Business Manager and Director of PT are incredibly rude and condescending. Some of the CNAs have such bad attitudes they should not be working with a vulnerable population. They are rude to the patients and ignore them whenever possible. There is a ton of time spent by staff on their personal phones when they should be tending to patients. The majority of the employees at this facility act like they are doing your loved one and you a big favor by doing the minimum requirements of their jobs, if that. Do not consider this place if you cannot visit your loved one at least once a day. Except for doing what they can’t get away with not doing, your loved one will be ignored. In the entire time I was there I did not see one staff member say hello to a single resident in the hallways, which is where those who can be out of bed spend most of their time—in wheelchairs in their doorways.

August 29, 2016

By Cgspratling

My 92 year old mom has been at the Harrison at Heritage for about 3 weeks. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The staff learned quickly what her likes and dislikes were. The rehab that she had after her fall were the best. The place itself is more like a really nice hotel instead of a rehab facility. The staff kept me posted on Mom's progress. I can't recommend this place enough.

December 16, 2015

By JM7

When my mother came out of the hospital, we actually went into The Harrison at Heritage, and she stayed there for approximately 40 days doing therapy. The room was wonderful; it looked like a hotel room, not a hospital. The management staff was very professional, and the food was well prepared; it was good, hot food. They've got activity rooms and stuff like that, where they listen to music or read books. They've got a center in there where the women can get their hair cut, a library where people can read, an arts and craft center where people go in and make different stuff. Mom wasn't really involved in any of those because of her type of injury, and she couldn't get around very well, but we knew it was available. They're doing things from cards to dominoes, watching TV, and there's a piano in there with people playing piano music. What they need to improve on would be the regular staff. It just takes a long time for them to come to the rooms, like if someone needed something, or if someone pushed the button and needed some help, it could be 45 minutes before somebody came. A lot of times -- probably about half a dozen times -- I would have to get someone in management or go down to the nursing station myself and tell them that they needed to come and give the medicines. They did not give pain medicines at the time we were there either. They gave her vitamins, and they would give a laxative or stuff like that, but when it came to pain management, there was a definite problem.

September 22, 2015

By Great beats perfect!

Let me start by saying I work in the medical field. I felt it necessary to get that out of the way because there is no perfect "Medical Facility", be it a physician, hospital, rehab hospital or skilled nursing center. My mother gets great care, perfect no but I can deal with great. When the staff see her they know her-they know her routine, the little things that make her who she is-my mom. Is the food perfect, no but I have ordered at 5 star restaurants and been disappointed too. My mom has never complained about the food other than they give her too much. I visit very regularly and I am glad to say that I see management their in the evenings and on the weekends-they even work holidays too. How do I know because when you visit as often as I do you develop relationships with the staff and they talk. The staff has a hard job and some families come once or twice a year and expect perfection...not going to happen. Visit more often and see how much they care instead of pointing fingers! My mom gets great care I would not dream of her being anywhere else! Thank you The Harrison Staff!

September 17, 2015

By H.Young

I had a very dear friend at The Harrison and she was well taken care of Dr.Hernandez is a very involved physician, the nursing staff was great and responsive to her needs. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

August 14, 2015

By Pleasecareformylovedone

Call buttons wait times are generally lengthy-twenty to thirty minute average. Housekeeping is lax in the rooms. Bathing is done on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. Staff seems to be short on weekends and housekeeping on weekends worse. There are a few staff who seem knowledgeable and caring but there seems to be a lack of standardized care. Patients are not checked on periodically so if your loved one is at The Harrison alone heaven help them. There doesn't seem to be accountability among the staff and little leadership coordination.

July 06, 2015

By wherearethegoodnursinghomes

The staff here seem to think they run the place and you work for them. They are rude and try to get out of doing their job. They would rather complain about the patients than help them. There are a few good workers but they are few and far between. The camaraderie among certain staff members is very unprofessional. For example, I heard a caretaker demeaning a resident who was complaining when being given a shower. This resident obviously didn't feel well and the staff member told her to stop complaining with another coming in to see what was going on and joining in with the negative comments addressed towards this person. Sometimes it is 30 minutes before someone answers a call light. When I asked about this I was told, "This is your government for you." There are not enough workers due to the government and medicare reform. Excuse me??? We brought medicine from home and it was "used up" in a matter of days so more was ordered. Hmmm............. what's going on here? The food is sub-par at best. The only time we received consistently good care was during a recent state visit. During those three days there were more staff than we ever saw before. After they left it went right back to being a place where the residents are second and staff is first.

January 19, 2015

By Keepmomhome

Pros- I like Dr. Hernandez and the therapy staff. The facility is beautiful, and the meals are good. Cons- Housekeeping is lacking, many times trash liners are missing from the bathroom receptacles, so there's dirty wipes, and adult briefs in the cans without lines. They even threw away a valued picture my mother had on the wall, because it fell off the wall and into the trash by accident. They didn't even check to see if she meant to throw away a lovely picture of her husband. Some of mom's clothes have gone missing, and I have to hunt them down, even though I take her laundry home to wash it. It takes FOREVER for someone to come when a resident pushes their call button. Most of the time, the call buttons are out of reach of the residents, so they can't even get help when they need it. Wound care is mediocre at best, and the nurses and cna's are not great. Today, I witnessed a resident choking in the dining room, and I was the only one who went to check on him, even though the room was full of staff. It seems common sense is lacking in this facility, and the only time I am assured my mother is being cared for is when I am there. Unfortunately, I cannot be there 24/7, and it breaks my heart, because I have witnessed some very poor care when I am there. The Harrison seems better than most, but I do NOT feel confident in the care she is receiving there.

January 18, 2015

By DILcares214

I am very impressed with the total care my mother-in-law receives. She is very happy and that is the best part. The nurses, aides and management staff KNOW her and this makes my husband happy! I have to say anytime I have met with Gloria or Brenda they have been an enormous help.

November 11, 2014

The Harrison seems to be fine. They do pretty nice; it’s very clean. My father-in-law has to eat pureed food but the food that the other people have that don’t eat pureed food looks really good. It’s a little expensive, but it fits in with the price of others. The staff seems fine.

March 26, 2014

By Rustynail31

MY mother inlaw came in on 3/10 things were going good until 3/14 when they upped her trazadone from 25mg to 100mg After asking them to lower the dose (they Didn't ) she was incoherence for 3 days when I noticed on monday that her fingers and toes were blue. Ended up in the ER same day. It took 8 days to get her back. Gave the harrison another chance she went back on monday 24 we left her at 8:30 pm she was talking ate some dinner got her ready for bed in her pj and left. My husband went back at 8:00am and found her in a diaper and unresponsive. When we asked what happened no one could tell us anything they were all stumped don't. The nurses talk to each other??? Well we are back in the

January 10, 2014

By Suzanne16

The nurse at the hospital where my mom was at recommended The Harrison at Heritage. The patients are happy there. I like best that this is a new facility and it doesn't look like a nursing home. It is colorful, cheery and they have good meals. They also treat the patients very well. They're very attentive and they have a full staff. I'm very pleased with them. The staff is very professional and they work for 24 hours.

Services and Amenities of Harrison at Heritage

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2020

About Harrison at Heritage

Harrison at Heritage is a senior living provider in Fort Worth, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Harrison at Heritage for more details on services and rates.

Map of Harrison at Heritage