Lexington Medical Lodge

Reviews of Lexington Medical Lodge

Nursing Home Reviews for Lexington Medical Lodge

December 31, 2017

By ChristineK

My dad has been here for 5mns & this is his long term home. This facility over all is decent when compared to most nursing homes for long term skilled living. The 3 star rating is strictly due to the food, activies, in-house therapy & appearance. The staff rating is a 2 star as of 12/31/2017. You do have to stay involved & on top of staff weekly (like most nursing homes) to make sure your loved is getting the care they need. My advice (no matter what location your at) is to put a camera in the room from the start. Then facilities can not lie about what is going on, you can address any issues you see with staff & you avoid moving you loved one multiple times due to the fact you can't confirm what is actually going on. It also helps stop all the back/forth arguing/accusing that goes on between staff & residents/families. (It takes the guess work out of it) The camera will help you verify when meds are actually given in the room, the care they are/are not getting & help you comfort/assure your loved ones. It helps you to be involved 24/7 via camera when you can't be there in peron. The staff here needs to be retrained IMMEDIATELY on all levels from the D.O.N down. On how they speak/act towards their patients/family members, communication skills & not giving medications on time. They do have a new owner that seems to be addressing matters at this time. My dad has had a lot of falls & I've gotten reports of behavior issues that are not normal. I've asked staff from the D.O.N. down to check his meds to see if there was an issue. They ignored my request for 2 mns & argued with me only trying to get him sent out to a behavior hospital. Basicly trying to create a negative paper trail on him. Due to my efforts ONLY I was abke to fibd out vua his private neurologist ther was a mexjvation given yo him that can cause symtoms reported but is slso very deadly to my dad with his other meducations. The staff here from the top...D.ON., the facility doctor, the pharmacy ect all had the opportunity from admitance to this week to find this deadly & counteractive medication error. Even when I asked for 2mns for the meds to be checked they DID NOT. We have NOW gotten my dads meds corrected & the staff is starting to give meds on time. Sadly, this happens a lot at nursing homes all over. Its due to the fact most places are under staffed, under paid & they are not trained/educated as needed or do not want to be bothered beyond general care. This facility (despite what the owner says) is under staffed & under trained. I am NOT saying they do not have SOME great staff members. Sadly, I've over heard the good ones talking in the halls about how hard they work at their job plus having to pull the weight of those that are not. There are a few aides my dad has that are WONDERFUL (I wish I had their names to post) & one particular great nurse. Nurse Lindsey is the model employee that ALL should follow her example. I'm sure the fact that she states she has family members with special needs is the reason why she has such great empathy for others. She works long hard 16 hour shifts and never speaks down to her patients, she uses an encouraging tone, she takes the time as needed to explain things to the patients (multiple times if needed) without showing any frustration. Lindsey shows concern and understanding of family member's needs/request and has show herself to be proactive several times. It is a huge relief to know Nurse Lindsey is on duty because we know my dad's need will be attended to and he will not be made to feel like he is putting anyone out with his health condition that he has no control of. When people are ill, disable or even have cognative issues they can still see, hear and understand most that goes on around them. Especially the tone of your voice and your body language. It is very important for the patients to not see or feel your frustrations or made to feel like their health condition is putting staff out that are there to care for them. Nurse Lindsey has demonstrated this very important skill level on every shift I have observed her working in person and on camera. She has outstanding skills as a caregiver in this facility. Nurse Lindsey & the few others linlke her here, are a HUGE asset to this facility that they can not afford to lose!

February 09, 2017

By stacy e lahorgue

My mother was a patient at facility for a time. She was treated great! The people there are extremely nice they have good food and they were always checking her blood sugar and bringing her meds. I was so glad that she got to stay so close to home with such great care. I highly recommend this place.

May 10, 2016

By Mickey MouseDWLSB

I am staying at Lexington Medical Lodge. It's very clean. The food is decent most of the time, so that's good. If you expect to get your medications on time, or if you expect them at all, you can't depend on that. I really don't need a lot of taking care of, so they take care of other people but never come to my room or check on me. They've checked my blood pressure more than two or three times since I have been here and that's not good. Most of the people are very nice. I have an average nursing home room, but I do have a TV. It's pretty small, but it's about the same size as I have seen in other nursing homes. The place itself is pretty nice. They need to improve on staff education.

Services and Amenities of Lexington Medical Lodge

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government Hospital District
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Lexington Medical Lodge

Lexington Medical Lodge is a senior living provider in Farmersville, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Lexington Medical Lodge for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lexington Medical Lodge