Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus

Reviews of Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus

Nursing Home Reviews for Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus

July 21, 2014

By Good Place

I had a friend in this place from 2010 until early 2012. The same friend had to go back in April 2013. I have to say the changes to the Alzheimer's unit are much better than the last time. They have remodeled and must have done a lot of staff training. The staff is very friendly and seem to treat the resident's with respect and dignity. The activities are much improved as well. I would recommend this for anyone needing placement for their loved one with Alzheimer's.

October 30, 2013

By Alice14

A friend of mine told me about Williamsburg and I went to check it out with my brother. We decided to put my mom there. The place is cleaner and a much more newer building compared to others I visited. Some of the staff is good and some are just there to get a paycheck.

February 22, 2012

By Appauled And Angry

I agree with the staff being very rude and not being able to speak english very well. My dad is in Memory lane unit and he keeps falling for some reason..I think staff are not checking on patients as should. Mind u tht my dad had 2 strokes n hemorage to the brain with slight bleeding due to a fall that required stapes to his head. He has been complaining of pain n will not get out of bed or want staff to touch or move him bc he is in severe pain...for 5 days prior to a bad fall. Really...I had to get very ignorant n loud just for them to get him treatment. The nurse is Mary and she was very rude n hung phone up on me bc I said she was being rude n needs to controll her tone so she discconnected call. Then I called bck to speak to her supervisor n she had the nerve to tell me my dad has a condition where he says he is n pain but really isn't...wtf??? I told her r u kidding me after a bad fall tht happened last wk n he is faking but wnt get out of bed n will not let staff move him bc he is n severe unbareable pain. How can u diagnois a patient from faking pain due to a bad fall? I will be trying to find him another place to stay. Now since I had to show my ass n talk crazy to them they are all friendly now n call me frequently for updates. I also threatened them that I will be filing a complaint against the staff there. I'm going to hold off untill I see the improvement declining with their behavior. And being more assertive and productive towards my father. I pray tht no one else has to go through this with their families. Think twice and please do your research on nursing facilities before you send your loved ones there. I rate this facility a zero....I also work in the medical field and is very aware of how they should respond to patients and well-being and their families.

July 29, 2011

By maddeebradford

I would give the Williamsburg Village Memory Unit, for patients with Alzheimer's disease and dementia, no stars due to poor health standards. My grandmother is temporarily staying in the Walker Unit (Memory Unit) until we find her a more suitable nursing home. The staff are rude, and do not seem to care about the well-being of the patients at all. They do not clean up vomit in a timely manner, they did not check my Grandmother's pull-up for what would seem to be hours, my aunt arrived to visit to find a 3 pound pull up on my Grandmother. I have witnessed some abuse in the home toward the patients, as well as the patients abusing one another because they are not being watched properly. They are not bathed as often as they should be. My main complaint is the fact that the nurses just are not caring, patient,or kind, and also do not speak English well. I recently was having a conversation with a patient to find he had medication in his pockets, very dangerous. The staff are not talkative or friendly, towards visitors or patients. The men and women in the Walker Unit are all very sad-looking, and although some of them are very capable of cohesive conversation, the nurses do not take the time to talk to them. They spend much of their time on their cell-phones. I would never put elderly there. When they gave my Aunt a tour of the facility, they showed her the front, where they keep "normal" patients. Where there is a formal dining room with a piano and chandelier, pretty hallways, big rooms with paintings on the walls and flowers. But in the Walker Unit it is dirty, smells of urine and feces, the wardrobes that all patients have in their rooms are broken. The showers in the bathrooms do not work. Williamsburg Village is just a nightmare.

Services and Amenities of Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus

Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus is a senior living provider in Desoto, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus for more details on services and rates.

Map of Williamsburg Village Healthcare Campus