Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi

September 24, 2018

By Cynthia

My mom has been living at Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi. They changed ownership and they're working things out. They have really tried very hard to update the facility and keep the level of staffing up to what we were accustomed to, so it has turned the corner into working out fine. The rooms are fantastic, bright, and airy, which is one of the reasons my mom wants to stay. We have a little bit of staff turnover, but we seem to be back on the upswing of things. There's not a single complaint that I have for the staff at this point. The dining setup is one of the things they're working on and the food is fine. We've had quite a bit of turnover of chefs, but I'm sure it will get better. The service is a little slow because they have not altered the way the service has gone from the previous owners, so if they're running a full dining room it can be a longer process sometimes. They brought in a new activity director and she's fantastic.

January 05, 2018

By Rebecca

Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi seemed to be a little less formal and more like a home. It was not resort style like the others, which was appealing to us. They contract another organization to come in and do skilled nursing for their residents. One of the things that appealed to us was that my father would not be moved from one apartment to another, they just bring the care people in. Their staff was awesome. There were a lot of maintenance people doing something all over the place, and when someone passes by you they say hello. I thought that was really nice.

July 17, 2017

By Norman

It was clean. The staff seemed to be very nice. They were good people. It was nice looking. They had very nice apartments. They were adequate, and they served meals.

January 01, 2016

By LS3

The staff was very friendly and informative during our visit. They had given us a nice tour and had been so reassuring to us. The rooms and apartments were very adequate and comfortable. It would make my mother like she was at home. The place was very secure as well. They also had numerous activities everyday. They would take you to doctors, banks, and to grocery stores. It was more than adequate as far as activities.

September 29, 2015

It was very home and warm. The people living there would go by while I was sitting at the lobby and they would go "Oh, hi! Are you moving in?" or "Welcome! We hope you like it here". It was very nice. I liked it because it was very clean. It didn't smell like old folks, although there were a lot of old folks there. I found it very nice. They had activities on a daily basis. There were four or five activities you could do a day. They had a beautiful workout room and a swimming pool. They would take you on shopping place, and there were two days a week when they go shopping. They would take you to any doctor's appointments as well. When I first started the tour, the staff told me that I was welcome to stay on a luncheon, but I said I would not do it at that time. However, after I sat in the lobby when we were all through with the tour she went to the office to get a brochure for me. A lady came in from outside and she said to me, "Oh you're gonna have lunch with us?". I said "No. I think I'm gonna leave", and she said "Oh, you need to have lunch with us. You know, the food is good". I told the lady I changed my mind. She said: "I'm gonna sit you in a table with some ladies that you will be comfortable with". I was very comfortable, and they were very nice. What amazed me was that you had your choice of food. They had two different kinds of menus for the lunch period, and they would ask which one would you want. They had four or five salads that you could choose from. The rooms were very nice and clean. I was amazed that you could decorate outside your apartment.

May 28, 2015

I liked the way that the people were mostly independent living than assisted living. It was more or less wide open, had a nice dining room, and was three stories tall. You can have an oak suite if you wanted, or you can have a small apartment; they had all kinds of stuff. They had a popcorn machine, they had movie nights, and they also have a computer room, and also you can hook up your own computer, which was one of the things that I liked. I met a person who became my friend there, and there were quite a few people who were helpful, nice, and courteous.

May 12, 2015

By Faye7

It was good. We were just not ready to do anything like this. The food was very good. The rooms were very nice, and the space was good.

October 28, 2014

It was recommended by a health care provider and I went and checked them out and like them better than any of the others that I went to visit. My overall experience was pretty good. They're very friendly and helpful. I've been really happy except for the problems with pigeons on the patios. The surroundings and the rooms are very nice. I've eaten there and the food is very good. They have card games, bingo, movies, and water aerobics on the pool outside. They have days when they take the residents to Wal-Mart or to local grocery stores. My dad has been in this community a little over a year.

March 27, 2014

I am in here, and I chose it because of the price. The staff is very good. They have studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments. They also have 7cottages that you can rent, but they are usually full. The food and the dining are both good. They have every activity you can imagine. They have bingo. They bring in private bands to play country and western. They are going to have a Mardi Gras celebration, and last week they took some people out to a restaurant to eat. They have daily bus service to Walmart, large grocery stores, and doctors.

March 27, 2014

By Caring81996150

We also went here, and I liked it a lot. It was bigger and had more residents. I thought because of that, they had a lot more activities and things available. The residents there all seemed really upbeat and enjoyed being there. The staff was excellent. Actually, my father and I went back another time to ask some more questions, and they all came over right away, introduced themselves, and wanted to see if there was anything more they could help us with. They were extremely helpful. I liked the energy of the people and the energy of the staff. The food was very good. They had a nice method. You had your entrée but they came through with a serving tray, so you could choose your salad and your soup or a fruit. It was nice to be able to do it in that format because you could see what it was before you chose. The only thing that I felt was a detriment there was the hour that the laundry area was open because it was a little limited, but it was just minor.

July 23, 2013

By Gary18

I went and that was a very nice place. The staff was really nice. I have good things to say about it.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Corpus Christi Athletic Club, La Palmera Mall, Moore Plaza, Corpus Christi Golf Course, Gulf Coast Beaches

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi has organized?

A Tailgate Party for all our residents, A Hugging Booth for our Residents. We are currently doing actives on site with our Vibrant Life Program.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi offer to independent living residents?

Doctor Appointments, Shopping, Grocery Shopping. Pre Covid we did take our residents fishing, to restaurants and to other fun actives in our community!

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

At Solstice, our residents rave about our Elevate® dining program, featuring chef-curated, dietitian-approved menus. All day, every day, we offer an “always available” menu in addition to daily specials made from scratch. That’s right. You’ll order your dinner from a menu, not a buffet, because dining with Solstice is more than just a meal. It’s an experience.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a Dinning Room for meals. We also have a Activity Room for all our Vibrant Life activities. We have a fitness center, library, worship center and a Salon all on site! We also have a Pool House for events along with a Private Dinning Room.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi offer to independent living residents?

We do offer a Pendant to all our residents. If they have an emergency, they can press the button and it will alert EMS and their emergency contact.

If Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pet Friendly! Walking path around the community

Does Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have Gifted Hands that is here 24/7 to help residents with their medical needs.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Corpus Christi