Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade

Assisted Living Reviews for Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade

Independent Living Reviews for Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade

September 14, 2016

By WalkwithLewy

My mom was extremely excited to move there. Actually, it was my parents' plan to live out their days there but Dad had dementia and died first so it was just mom moving in. There were good and bad aspects of my mom's stay. She was in independent living and she had a very, very nice cottage. It's a pretty long walk to the main building, which is not easy in the hot summer or icy winter. Oddly, snow/ice removal is not included in the fees so sometimes it was too dangerous for her to go to the main building for lunch, dinner, etc. Before she moved in we were aware that independent living is absolutely independent--there is no assistance at all unless it's an emergency--however, in reality, she needed assistance like learning how to work the washing machine, how to sign up for activities, fixing the cable buttons after she messed up the TV, etc. One of the guys who worked there was really helpful, as were her neighbors, but some staff members were very quick to tell us that special services are not provided in independent living. Unfortunately, the longer she lived there, her memory declined so she really needed more help. In my opinion something really missing is a tiered plan or pay-as-needed for special help. The only option was moving into assisted living or hiring an outside caregiver for a minimum of 4 hours a day. Mom's dog was too big for assisted living and those units don't have a kitchen, which she wanted even though she really doesn't cook anymore. It's in a very remote area so unless the resident drives, they are stuck riding in a van a few times a week going to the Kroger or a doctor's appointment. I think the facility is best suited for people who are truly very independent.

March 26, 2016

By Gerald14

Samaritan had everything we wanted in a nice, quiet, and secure area. We liked the location of it, and the amenities they had for us. The two-bedroom had a den, screened-in porch, washer and dryer, stove, refrigerator, freezer, and two full baths. They had two rooms for activities: an athletic room and a card, games, and puzzles room. We had a meal there wherein a waitress served us, which was very good. I think it was a very nice place, and the people were very nice to us.

September 16, 2015

They're very good at Good Samaritan. At that time, they had a conservationist that was showing them an eagle. Also, you could play cards and bingo. They have certain days for these things.

August 13, 2015

Good Samaritan Society was a modern facility. The staff was very professional. The apartments were excellent.

January 17, 2015

By Eleanor9

We settled for Good Samaritan Society apparently because it was near our children, and our experience has been good. The help is just fantastic, and the staff are great. The food is institutional food, but they serve it the best they can, and it is pretty good. We brought our own furniture, and we just have a bedroom, a living room, and a bath.

March 13, 2014

By Betty46

We were very impressed with Good Samaritan. They have a wonderful community We have heard nothing but good things about them. The rooms are fairly new, beautiful, and they're large. They also have cottages and that's where we'll be going. We've only talked with the director, so that's the only person that we dealt with. We didn't really looked at activities, because we weren't interested in that. But they do have exercise rooms, a theater, a library, and they play cards. The people there stay very busy. The size of the apartment and the cottages, it's where we live. We like everything about it.

Nursing Home Reviews for Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade

December 06, 2013

By Vicki19

Good Samaritan Society is a new facility, only 1 year old. It has a very homey atmosphere and a very beautiful environment. I would recommend this place. The staff that I met was friendly, helpful and cordial. The rooms that we saw were spacious.

Services and Amenities of Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade

Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade is a senior living provider in Crossville, Tennessee that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade for more details on services and rates.

Map of Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade