The Lakes at Litchfield

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

120 Lakes at Litchfield Drive, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
The Lakes at Litchfield (843) 235-9393

Reviews of The Lakes at Litchfield

Assisted Living Reviews for The Lakes at Litchfield

October 29, 2015

By Kathleen115416550

The Lakes at Litchfield was very far from where we are used to being, but everything was secure, all the clients looked happy, and it was a good presentation. Everything was good. The service was great, and the food was delicious.

Thank you very much for the response and we are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Our Facility Services and Dining Services staff work diligently to make sure our community members are happy and stay happy. We hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

August 31, 2015

We visited Lakes of Litchfield. It was a nice and a very clean facility, but my mother didn’t like it. For her, she kind of got to a part where everything looked the same. She is really picky, but I can tell that this is a nice facility. It's nice when you drive in. The people there were certainly nice and helpful. They are also very affordable.

August 21, 2015

By Donna111218550

Lake at Litchfield was really nice. It had lots of nice accommodations for both assisted living and independent living. It was very fancy. The staff was very helpful. I looked at one of the houses. It was very beautiful. It was very nice. Their dining room looked like a banquet hall. It was really pretty. They had waiters, and the menu of the day was posted. It looked like very comfortable. It was expensive, but it had a lot of accommodations, and I would recommend it. I saw a couple of activities. They were doing an activity at the courtyard. He also showed me the activity board of all the different things that they had. I liked that they were not bored and sitting around. They were able to interact with people, and the community kind of atmosphere was really nice.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Lakes of Litchfield. Our Interior Design and our Maintenance Teams take great pride in the appearance of the community and we are happy you noticed how hard they work to provide a beautiful place for our members and their families. Our Social Directors are equally dedicated and involved to offer an active and healthy life to our members. Thank you again for your kind words.

September 29, 2014

By  Caring4814

I came across The Lakes by word of mouth. The people are friendly, knowledgeable and caring. The rooms were very nice and roomy. They have arts and crafts, lots of exercises, and trips out of the facility. We didn’t eat there, but the food looked good. The dining area was very nice. The process was very efficient. It’s a gated community.

March 27, 2014

By Kathleen21

I visited Litchfield. The location where it's situated is beautiful. It's an older and smaller facility. It's retirement with assisted living and Alzheimer's. The room was fine but smaller and the food wasn't as good. It was clean. The staff was very nice. They had a lot of activities also.

May 31, 2013

By Bonnie17

We had lunch at Litchfield. It is beautiful. The sales people are very good. The rooms are very big and very nice.

Independent Living Reviews for The Lakes at Litchfield

By peppysgym

I have been a member at The Lakes at Litchfield for almost 2.5 years. I was looking only at The Lakes, honestly. I lived in North Litchfield and wanted to stay in the area. I wanted a place that is friendly. My husband and I had planned to come here. Sadly, my husband passed. I decided to move for a larger sense of community. I really wanted a cottage. My sons helped me make the decision. They looked at it and knew this was perfect for me. I like the Wellness Program and sitting with my friends at dinner. We talk about everything that has gone on in the week. We truly have great meals. I have friends visit from other communities and they always praise the food. I love living in Pawleys Island. We came here to retire from my husband's business. That is one reason that I chose to retire here. I love having a home and property with my cottage. The best part is I do not have to do any work in the house with housekeeping and maintenance and The Lakes maintains the yard. I think the our dining staff is incredibly nice. I am definitely happy with my decision to retire at The Lakes. I wasn't sure at first but I am very happy.

By Valley_CA

When deciding where I would retire, I knew that I wanted to live in Pawleys Island. My grandparents lived here and I visited them and this place all my life. I knew I knew that I wanted this area. I had a sister-in-law that lived here. She became sick and was transitioned to skilled nursing. I saw that they took good care of her. I wanted to only move once and so I decided to move into a house where I could be as independent and active as I wanted to be. I have become very active in the local community mentoring weekly at an elementary school and volunteering at Baskervill's Food Pantry. I am a member of the activities committee and take part in the wellness program a lot, enjoying water aerobics, Wake Up Workout, and more. There is a very good adult education opportunity through Coastal Carolina University. I have taken a few classes. They also offer a monthly book club. It is nice to not have the house responsibilities. I don't have to worry about the roof or gutters. You can call whenever you have problem. Retirement is a change. Be sure that you are ready for the change. Make the right decision for you. For me, it was easy because I know and love the area.

By scampbell

I came to The Lakes at Litchfield two years ago from Florida to be closer to my son who lives here.I was looking for independent living and something close to my son. The people that live here are incredible and that truly was the deciding factor, even after looking for places in Florida. The people here are very friendly. I visited twice before deciding. At the community, I enjoy the pool and the classes. The Wellness and Social Directors are incredible. You could not ask for better staff. They are so patient and bring so much fun to the community. You really need to come to the community when you are able to enjoy what they offer. I play cards and Mahjong. I like the entertainment that is brought in. We have concerts which are quite amazing. I was ready to come. You live longer here if you get involved in wellness. There is less stress living here. They take care of everything. You do not have to cook, clean, or even change light bulbs. I have made some wonderful friends.

By m.benson

In 2012, I made the decision to move to The Lakes at Litchfield. When searching, I was looking for a place that served my needs and where I could enjoy being with similar people. The continuing care offered at The Lakes helped with the decision. It is a relief that I have the added safety and can be cared for if needed. I like to sing and help out with the monthly birthday/ anniversaries dinner. It is fun to be a part of that. In years past, I have been a member of various choruses and quartets. I attend the Men in Motion class which is in the Wellness Program. It is good exercise. I also enjoy the monthly Men's breakfast and lunch. I would advise people to take a good look at The Lakes. The church I attend is quite close and I sing in their choir. I volunteer with Helping Hands which is a program at The Lakes to help transport members to doctor's appointments and such if the transportation services are booked. Helping Hands is very diverse so everyone is able to help other members. I enjoy being able to help.

By vheuftle

I came here in Fall of 2006 . The reason I came was my son lived in Florence which was close. He researched retirement communities in the area and found that The Lakes at Litchfield was the best Continuing Care Retirement Community in the area. I have friends that do not live in a retirement community who struggle with transportation. Here, you do not have that. They provide transportation and the drivers are wonderful and very helpful. If you get caught in a pinch, they will take you. My husband was in Assisted Living when we were married at this community. He moved into my Independent Living house and then sadly got sick again. He was in skilled nursing and went through therapy. I was very happy to have all the services on-site. I have also participated in the occupational therapy when I started to struggle with walking and trouble with opening jars. I liked that he did not have to move to various locations and I could continue to visit him. I like that they have many activities. If you want to be involved , you can be involved up to your eyeballs. If you don't want to be involved you do not have to be. They have many outings. I do Wii Bowling and am active in the Wellness Programs. I am very happy with my decision to come to the Lakes. Anybody that is looking down the road for continuing care, should look here. A lot of people do not think ahead. They are healthy now but do not think about potential healthcare needs.

August 13, 2012

By nanalorr

My husband has been at this facility only since 6-11-2012 and everything has gone so much more smoothly than I ever expected. Of course things do come up but they are always handled in a very timely manner by the staff. They have many varied activities for the residents so they never need be alone any longer than they'd choose to. There are varied menus every day so residents always have a choice. I have personally experienced some very unpleasant episodes with residents but they were always handled quickly and effectively by caring staff members. The Lakes even has a heated pool for the health and enjoyment of residents......what could be better than that?! The staff has a very good relationship with the residents families are are always willing to take the time to answer questions and/or relate their families experiences. The Lakes may cost more than other facilities but well worth the care given.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Lakes at Litchfield

Costs for The Lakes at Litchfield

Photos of The Lakes at Litchfield

Services and Amenities of The Lakes at Litchfield

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2019

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: CRC-1116

About The Lakes at Litchfield

lakes-litchfield.com

Pawleys Island Premier Continuing Care Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at The Lakes at Litchfield of Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives. As a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, The Lakes at Litchfield takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care based on their individual needs and goals.

Memory Care: Memory Care offers specialized support for Members with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At our community, every caregiver is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We focus on helping our Members live a high quality of life and meet them where they’re at both physically and mentally.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of The Lakes at Litchfield