Oakland Grove Health Care Center

Oakland Grove Health Care Center (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Oakland Grove Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Oakland Grove Health Care Center

March 20, 2014

I did not like Oakland Grove. I felt like I was in a ladies prison. It was very drab, it wasn't colorful or anything like that. That's what I would imagine a ladies prison to look like if I was there. I didn't care for the food. Every day it was the same thing. But they said that was for the people that couldn't eat, that they have things they could handle easily. It was clean but I just didn't care for it. The CNAs were good, but I only saw the nurses when it was time for medicine. I went for a rehab, and the rehab there was not much a rehab at all. I think I was only out of my room on two different occasions. And the only rehab that I remember was having a machine in my bed, an electrical device to help with the bending of my knee. They didn't know how to use that machine correctly. There was only one nurse that was accustomed to setting it up. I don't remember any activities. It felt very secluded.

February 09, 2013

By caring3299

A few years ago, my mother went into Oakland Grove Health Care Center for a rehab after an open heart surgery. She liked it there and she also likes the people. So that's why we chose them. This time she's not on rehab floor even though she's long-term. It's better for her because the people are a little bit more active. She's in a nice room and she has a roommate. There are some excellent staff members there and a lot of caring people. They really go above and beyond for her. However, I found some things that they should have paid more attention to or they should have notified me. But I guess that's the way it is in every nursing home if you're not there every day advocating for your parent. It's hard being far away from her. My aunt is on the second floor in the same facility. My cousin goes there every day, so she goes to see my mother every day, too. So that's my comfort. The food is not bad and it's very clean. I don't like that there's a lot of shift changes or shifting around the personnel. They're not being consistent. I think consistency is good, especially for people with dementia, which my mother has. But they're not doing a bad job. They're understaffed, and I think they're doing the best they can.

January 16, 2012

By psychmusic

I visited Oakland regularly for a few years. In general, the facility was nice. The decor was more like a hotel than a hospital. One major complaint I have is what I perceived as a lack of supervision, particularly with the Alzheimer's patients. They simply sat around all day. Granted many of them had progressed to the point where there was little else they could do, but there were some who seemed confused and lonely, and they could not get any attention from the staff at all. A second problem I saw was with the food. Some of the meals were actually not entirely terrible; however, their menu repeated on a weekly basis. Every Wednesday night, for example, was pasta night. I spoke with a few residents who said that they couldn't stand the pasta, and given their inability to get themselves around, often went hungry on Wednesdays. The staff in the non-Alzheimer's part of the facility were extremely friendly. They did not belittle the residents, and they treated them with respect and care.

About Oakland Grove Health Care Center

Oakland Grove Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Woonsocket, Rhode Island that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Oakland Grove Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Oakland Grove Health Care Center