Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

November 12, 2017

By David

My wife is in Spring Creek Rehab. It's an old, not attractive environment, but the people, the nurses, and staff are excellent and pretty much compensate for the lack of beauty of the facility. The food is not great, but my wife does not have a problem with it. The environment could be better. They have some music programs, and physical therapy

March 14, 2016

By Freds

My mom was on the Memory Care Floor. The staff on this floor is AMAZING! Not only did they take care of my mom, they cared about her. They would pick out outfits for her and hang them on hangars daily for her so it was easy for her to get dressed. They would comb her hair and encourage her to take part in activities. While visiting her, I would see the care that they provided to the other residents. I felt secure knowing that she was not only being cared for, but they loved her as well.

February 27, 2015

By msnoodsoup

A close friend is currently in the LTC facility. Everytime I go to see her her hair is not combed and she smells of BM. My most recent visit was the worst since she had stool caked in all of her fingernails of her right hand. This is called "digging" and the staff is to keep these residents clean.

January 08, 2014

By snyderwc

IF YOU HAVE OTHER FACILITY OPTIONS, WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU CONSIDER THOSE!! My father was resident for several months after a fall last May. While there were some who gave him good care, he did not receive proper physical therapy and developed bed sores that eventually led to multiple additional surgeries. Eventually he had to be hospitalized to treat infection from the sores and was moved out of this facility for his own good. Sadly, he died Dec 27. Our family is left to wonder 'what if' he had received the proper care he needed somewhere else. If this facility is your only option for care, someone MUST be an advocate for the patient...DO NOT DEPEND ON ANYONE AT SPRINGCREEK TO DO IT!!

November 27, 2013

By Marianne7

Spring Creek would have been the most affordable. I thought they were doing a good job and everything was fine. However, I felt like their patients in their dementia unit were not high functioning patients. It had a more of a nursing home atmosphere as opposed to a home like atmosphere. The director and I agreed that my mother was not in a position where that would be the most beneficial place for her. We felt like she was too high functioning for that place. If they needed what they provide, they qualified and they don’t have the income, I would absolutely recommend Spring Creek.

November 25, 2012

By familycaregiver

i want to inform people that we had a family member at spring creek the food is horrible. back in sept 2012, there were roaches all over the food cart. .there were so many that staff was killing them as they were crawling on the floor and walls. this was not the first time. we complained multiple times regarding food and nothing changed. our family member lost weight and we took her out of facility, she gained weight. we feels she was getting worse and worse there. also mice are bad there too. its sad for the residents who cant leave there .dont take your family there.

August 20, 2012

By Scott C

We visited the facility in early 2012, seeking a home for my grandfather. We took a tour of the facility and we were impressed. The only issue we had was with a resident who told us they treated them poorly, but she also said the sky was falling so we took it with a grain of salt. The staff were very caring, loving and answered all of our questions very quickly. While we ended up not using the facility due to my grandfather passing away, we would have placed him there as soon as the paperwork came back.

August 14, 2012

By wife1

If you have another choice, do not send anyone to Spring Creek. If you have no other choice, then check on person regularly, clean their room and bedding, speak up and keep nagging staff if something is wrong. Not a clean place and staff seemed indifferent"¦..

June 24, 2012

By blfbrat

Other

My husband spent 6 months there, their physical rehab, did great things with him. Lots of progress made. The social service end of it was not as good, they did not listen to my voice. He had gastric bypass 3 months prior, they tried to put him back on the beginning diet. I had to have at least 4 meetings to finally get them where he needed to be. I told them, he was not right, please have a doctor to come look at him, they fail to do that, and later found when he was back in the hospital, he was over medicated (as he was losing weight, they did not adjust meds). If you have a family member there, you need to be visiting often, staff is overworked.

November 02, 2011

By PACaregiver1

Spring Creek is a large rehab and skilled nursing center in Harrisburg PA. It was formerly the Dauphin County Nursing Home. It is clean, and modern in design. the staff is friendly but like many so places they are overworked. Personal items went missing, and at one point my mentally-competent relative was scheduled to be move to the Dementia Ward for no reason and I had to fight the management until they realized the mistake. Still, I found Spring Creek to be better than average in terms of how patients and families are treated. If a family member needs rehab or nursing care would recommend that you visit Spring Creek and consider it.

Services and Amenities of Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is an intensive senior care facility located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, a small city with roughly 49,529 residents. More specifically, Spring Creek is located in the laid-back Harrisburg neighborhood of Paxtang. The facility is less than a quarter-mile from Interstate 83, giving seniors convenient access to top east coast hospitals in Baltimore and Philadelphia.

With 404 beds, Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is one of Pennsylvania's largest senior living facilities. Spring Back Fast, the facility's short-term rehabilitation program, offers therapy services and admits new residents seven days a week. Spring Creek provides long-term care and personalized wound care services. It partners with leading health care establishments and networks across the Quaker State, including Penn State Health's Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the Pennsylvania Health Care Association and UPMC Pinnacle.

Residents can follow Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Nursing Center's activities calendar to stay connected to their peers. Entertainment is available with up to six activities daily, including brain teasers, coffee socials, compound word exercises, historical trivia competitions and mini-concerts from local musicians. It also offers recreational therapies, which have measurable physical and cognitive benefits, such as music therapy sessions, faith fellowship groups and social gatherings in the local community.

Map of Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center