Pine Run Community

777 Ferry Road, Doylestown, PA 18901

(800) 558-0653 (Call a Family Advisor)

2.86

(15 reviews)

Offers Continuing Care Communities and Nursing Homes

Who are you looking for?

Full Name

Phone

By clicking Get Costs you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You also consent to receive texts and calls, which may be autodialed, from us and our partner providers; however, your consent is not a condition to using our service.

Explore Nearby Verified Providers

Be sure to consider these verified communities in your search.

Get cost information

• Value

2.6

Girls!

March 1, 2024

No longer owned by Doylestown Hospital and it showed. If you want your loved one to languish in a understaffed facility with nurses that would rather chat at the nurses station. and with no continuity in care, step right up. We removed our loved on from the rehab after 5 days as he was not cared for in any fashion that would be considered rehabilitation. Pick any where else.

Rita

February 18, 2024

My mom was at Pine Run Community for rehabilitation. The food was fantastic. She fell and fractured her pelvis. The level of care was nice as far as the rehabilitation and the therapists. They did several things to get the residents involved. They had bingo several times. They had people come in. They had people that would sing for them. They had a comedian come in.

Possible future resident

November 17, 2019

I am writing with regards to the sales staff. My husband and I received an invitation for a Power Lunch and tour of the facility. We had visited in August 2019 and wanted to have a second look as we were ready to fill out an application. I called to schedule a date Nov. 21. I received a call later in the day to say that this tour was for first time visitors only and to call again for an appointment. We were surprised at the superior attitude of the community, if this is how future residents are treated how are current residents treated. We will not be returning to this community.

LM18902

July 26, 2019

My 91-year-old mother and my husband have both been in the Pine Run Health Center for acute rehab after stays in the hospital. My mom has been at Pine Run 4 or 5 different times for several weeks at a time; my husband, for 10 days post hip replacement. In every instance, the rooms are clean, spacious, private. The nursing staff and aides are warm, friendly and competent. The staff are super busy and they could use more help, but their care is excellent. The PT and OT staff are very well qualified and supportive. Out of all of the places in the Doylestown area, this place is heads above the rest. The food is good, the dining room well run. My mom's been in several others around the area and none are close to comparable. I don't understand the negative reviews here. This is not what I've seen on repeated stays.

Lots of Talk, No one cares

July 9, 2019

The patient rooms are clean so housekeeping gets five stars. However, the dining room floor is always dirty from the prior meal. The nursing staff is nice but always seem overwhelmed. The nursing assistants, aides, are non-existent. Most of aides are too busy on their cell phones or flirting with dietary when they are found They are understaffed with aides. The ratio that Pine Run boasts about is NOT TRUE. No mater how severe the patient's needs are they will not get priority until they are injured. It appears this facility would rather incur reports to the state and upset family over correctly monitoring their needs. Does ANYONE read their plan of care?? Accidents waiting to happen. Do not place your loved one here. Keep them home as long as possible.

DMPS

May 23, 2019

You will notice that the high reviews are from people who have visited but did not have longer interactions with Pine Run Rehab. The place is beautiful; clean and bright. Many of the staff seemed nice. My father stayed here following hip surgery. The facade of the place hides many problems. 1. No one is keeping on top of the client's medication. The staff continued to give my father opioids despite being asked to stop since it was interfering with his therapy and everyday functions. A relative had to ask to see his med list and then show the facility doctor to prove that he was being over medicated. The same thing happened with an OTC medication. 2. My father began to behave erratically and regress in therapy as well as have a daily low grade fever. A relative had to ask the staff to test for a urinary tract infection. The nurse asked why but took the specimen after several hours. By the time the results came back, his fever had spiked to 103 (we found out it was eColi)! Needless to say he had to go back to the hospital. 3. They lack equipment you'd think a rehab would have equipment such as a foot stool or wheel chair with an elevated piece to decrease edema. They do not, we had to bring a stool from home. 4. When my father asked if they would hold his room while he was in the hospital, they said yes (2x). After speaking with a friend, we looked into it and found out that they would hold it for $455/day. 5. There seems to be a lack of communication among staff. Some staff were helpful if you were there to talk, others told you what you wanted to hear. Pine Run looks terrific, lovely grounds, nice single rooms and the food looked good as well, but it is not worth the decline in your loved one's health.

eastburn

May 12, 2019

My parents bought into Pine Run, to the tune of close to $100,000 dollars plus paying a monthly rent close to $5000 for a 1 bedroom apartment. My mother was assured that care would be given to them as they progressed in the aging process, as my father's dementia was slowly progressing. Now just a couple of years later, Pine Run is KICKING Them out !! My mother is 93 and my father is 90 !!! They said they don't have the ability to 'take care of them' and that they and their dog must leave !! This place is ripping off elderly people and getting away with it ! Please do NOT put your parents into this place nor let them be talked into their 'sales pitch' ! My parents have done nothing wrong, we have caregivers coming in daily to check on them and still they are getting kicked out !!! What kind of place kicks out people in their 90's , especially a place that says that their business is taking care of the elderly !!

DoylestownCareGiver

March 24, 2019

We had to place our father in physical therapy after a serious fall at home and subsequent surgery. We are grateful to Pine Run Health Center for how wonderful they made his stay, the admissions process, and our visits. We had team meetings with the social worker and staff, OT and PT. He had excellent meals. His nurses were attentive and the facility is clean. We live close to the facility and visited several times a day and always found dad with a smile. In addition, the facility is in an easy-accessible, yet rural, Bucks County setting which allowed him to get fresh air daily, first by wheelchair and then via walks along the beautiful Pine Run paths. We are thankful to have such senior health care right here in Doylestown.

Ron

November 10, 2018

The people that I visited at Pine Run Community were very good. The place where my wife will be staying is almost like a hospital floor and they get the people dressed and they participate in activities. They were having them make pumpkins the day I visited. The place is enormous, very clean, and it appears that the food they get is very good. It is also relatively close to where I live, which is important.

elizg

October 26, 2018

The nurses and staff try hard but they are woefully understaffed. On the memory floor the ratio of caregivers to patients is 1 to 10. People fall constantly. I would never place a loved one there.

ConcernedFamilyIII

September 25, 2018

The new hub at Pine Run is horrible. It's cold, corporate and made to look like a corporate hotel. Nothing flows and residents must take elevators down long isolated hallways to get anywhere. Getting to this structure is a nightmare. No lights, no marked crosswalk, no shelter or cover and residents have to walk in a two way street to back track to the entrance after walking down a dark road. The food is terrible. The new food service serves poor quality and not enough food for people. It's obvious they took a low bidder. They tore down a cozy, homey wonderful hub the residents loved for this cold corporate "palace" nobody feels at home or comfortable in. Feel so bad for the residents. .

Pat

November 6, 2017

I liked Pine Run. The place was very clean, very nice, and up-to-date. They had all sorts of activities to do. The apartments were very nice but too far from the dining room. The staff was very nice, but I was put off by the walk to the dining room.

visitor at PR

September 15, 2015

Pine Run Dementia Unit ( Garden) is terrible... Only 3-4 nursing assistants and ONE nurse for 40 residents. The "Resident Coordinator" and "administrator" are no where to be found most of the time- residents are just wondering around with door alarms going off or stting in livingroom area with no engaging activity... Staff turnover? have had the pleasure of meeting a couple of caring employees that are not here any longer- what a shame! Not enough help... woman(resident) was at the door beating someone with her cane when we visited..

Lisa27

May 31, 2013

We went on a tour of Pine run. We had a nice luncheon there, and the food was good. They showed us a cottage that had been redone. It was very interesting. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. They have various activities and they also had gardening facilities and even woodworking. The main concern we had was there were no covered walkways, although they had transportation between the cottages and the main building.

Mysterygirl

September 13, 2012

The staff at PineRun treated the patients with care and try to give them everything they needed. The rooms were nice include bed,bathroom,dresser. Some rooms had family photos hung up so the patients could remember the people who care about them. The security was good there. In order for vistors to use the evalator you had to enter a code that was hidden in a picture. This would allow guest to be able to leave but very difficult almost impossible for any resident to leave.Their would be games and movies for the residents to feel special and have a good time. They were given 3 meals a day. For any occassion the staff would decorate. So for christmas they would have a decorated christmas tree. The staff cares about the patient. They have staff that can apply teeth cleaning,hair cuts. The place does cost a couple thousand each month but knowing that there is staff that would care for your loved one is priceless.

What you can do with Caring

• Search the Caring database

Quickly search the largest online senior living and senior care directory

• Read reviews and expert guidance

Read our authentic consumer reviews and content by experts

• Speak to a Family Advisor for free

Guided, expert advice to find the best community or agency for you

• Take a tour to decide yourself

We’ll help you book tours or get in touch with local agencies

Services and Amenities of Pine Run Community in Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Medicare Provider Number: 395366
    Ownership Type: Non profit - Corporation
    Rating Date: 9/1/2023

About Pine Run Community in Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Pine Run Community is a Senior Living provider in Doylestown, Pennsylvania that offers residents Continuing Care Communities and Nursing Homes services. Contact Pine Run Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Pine Run Community

Help seniors by writing a review

If you have firsthand experience with a community or home care agency, share your review to help others searching for senior living and care.

Request Pricing Information

Who are you looking for?

Full Name

Phone

By clicking "Get Costs", I am providing express written consent to receive calls including automated/pre-recorded calls and automated texts for which I may incur a cost, as well as emails from Caring and its partners. I understand I am not obligated to provide this consent to utilize Caring’s service(s). I acknowledge I was able to review the Agreement to be Contacted, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

mother and daughter online shopping

Compare costs, photos & reviews of senior living and care options near you.

Questions?

Call to speak to one of Caring’s Family Advisors, or submit a request for more information here.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Caring's Family Advisors can help answer your questions, schedule tours, and more.

Call us at (855) 948-3865

• Somerset County
  • Delaware County

Senior Living Communities near Doylestown, PA

Caring.com

Caring.com is a leading online destination for caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. We offer thousands of original articles, helpful tools, advice from more than 50 leading experts, a community of caregivers, and a comprehensive directory of caregiving services.

The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal, financial, professional, or medical advice or diagnosis or treatment. By using our website, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Our Services

• Senior Living Directory

• Senior Care Directory

• Caregiving Resources

• Sitemap

• Terms of Use

• Privacy Policy

© 2024 Caring, LLC. All rights reserved.