Applewood Retirement Community

Reviews of Applewood Retirement Community

Independent Living Reviews for Applewood Retirement Community

July 07, 2016

By Una532071

I felt Applewood looked and felt old. I wasn’t pleased with the small rooms. I saw the dining room area, one room, and the activities room, and that was really about it. The staff didn’t really seem that interested and maybe that was because I didn’t seem that interested. I won’t blame it all on them because I still wasn’t ready to give up independent living. Most of the residents looked content, but they did not look as happy and go-lucky as they are at the other facility I visited.

October 30, 2015

I looked at Applewood Retirement. It was clean. People were friendly. The food was really great. They took them out to casino and shopping. They had vehicle to take them around. They would take you to the doctors, if you wanted them to take you. The staff was accommodating. The place was clean and had no odor.

October 29, 2015

By Mary115677550

I was really impressed with Applewood. It was an older facility, but it was very nice, clean and comfortable. I think the apartments and rooms were big. The man that took me around was very nice, and there were people involved in various activities while I was there. The residents were all very friendly.

August 21, 2015

I visited Applewood. It had nice little apartments upstairs, and they had an elevator going up to it. You could have all your furniture and stuff in there. It was a nice place. They had three meals a day, and you had to go down on scheduled time. The food looked fine. It was worth what you pay for.

July 31, 2015

By Gene19

My mother was at Applewood for two weeks. It was a very clean place. The people that work there were very caring. The meals were better than I expected actually. The staff was very nice, and they knew what they were doing because we had extra care for my mom. Her room was clean; the whole place was clean. I was very pleased with Applewood.

February 11, 2015

By Dianne21

My dad seems really happy with the Sapphire at Applewood. I think he likes this one the best. I think he likes the staff and the way he is able to do the things that he wants to do. They seem really anxious to please, and he really appreciates that. He is in a studio apartment. I know it is kind of small, but he seems to be getting by pretty well. They take the residents to different places like the grocery store.

Questions about Applewood Retirement Community

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Applewood Retirement Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age here at applewood is 70-80 years old. They like trivia games mostly. Bean Bag Baseball. Bingo. Country Drives.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We have a couple of restaurants close. iHop, & Dairy Queen. If you like sports, we have Dick's Sporting Goods next door.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Applewood Retirement Community has organized?

We love our country drives and going to other buildings to play Bean Bag Baseball tournaments.

What transportation services does Applewood Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

We offer transportation to medical trips, shopping, banking, and activities events.

What makes the chef or dining program at Applewood Retirement Community exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have a pretty diverse menu. We rotate menus every 4 weeks and switch them up each season. We always take suggestions from our residents to make the menu extra exceptional :)

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a dining room for all the residents to eat. We have a living room for the residents to have social gatherings like movie night, super bowl activity, exercise activity, church on sundays, etc...

What safety features or security measures does Applewood Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

We have staff on site 24-hours, cameras through-out the whole building, and a hotline straight to home office if anyone has any concerns.

If Applewood Retirement Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a back area to the building where the dogs can roam.

Does Applewood Retirement Community work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We use to work with Comforcare, but we are in the transitional stage of finding a new company.

Costs for Applewood Retirement Community

• Financial Guidance Extra: We Can Work With Most Budgets

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: Non Denominational

About Applewood Retirement Community

Applewood Retirement Community is located in Oregon’s capital city of Salem. It offers 69 studio and one bedroom private apartments for seniors who want to remain their independence, but who want less stress in their retirement or perhaps need a little help.

Residents at Applewood enjoy a life style that promotes continued independence and offers more freedom for seniors to enjoy the things they like to do rather than trying to maintain a home, an automobile, or any other burden associated with living on one’s own. At Applewood, our residents enjoy the spa and beauty salon services, well-stocked library, recreational rooms, card/puzzle rooms, and living rooms – complete with big screen televisions. Our dining services feature scratch made meals with a menu of alternate entrées to choose from. Our chef’s take pride in every meal that’s served.

Living at Applewood is a great experience! We’re not just an independent living center; we’re a community where all residents are treated with respect and love. Our community welcomes your family and friends to visit as often as they would like. We are pet friendly too, and realize that our furry and feathered friends are part of your family.

• Affordable Monthly Rent
  • Convenient Location to Doctor’s, Hospital, Shopping, Churches, & Much More
  • Garden
  • Recreational Room
  • Library

Applewood Retirement is centrally located near malls and many eateries. We are a locally owned and operated company that takes pride in its communities and services provided

Map of Applewood Retirement Community