The Springs at Carman Oaks

Reviews of The Springs at Carman Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for The Springs at Carman Oaks

January 31, 2018

By Reviewer

The Springs at Carman Oaks has memory care and assisted living. I thought it was a nice facility and it seemed like a good space and good staff. It wasn't too large. I really didn't have a problem with it except that it didn't seem to ultimately work for my mother. The staff member seemed nice and caring. I didn't spend a lot of time there, but the person that showed me around was quite helpful. The location was perfect. It was well located for me. The apartments were newer and nice. They weren't exactly what my mother needed just because the rooms were set up almost like a hotel. The bathroom is sort of at the front of the place and then you walk through it into the bedroom. She has a harder time with that hallway concept, but it's fine for most people.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry it didn't work out for your mother specifically but we do hope you found the right fit for her in the end.

September 30, 2016

By Patrice778564

The Springs at Carman Oaks was beautiful, but the memory care part was more institutional. If you were in the assisted living, there were lots to do like concerts. There was a beauty parlor. The rooms were beautiful but very basic -- shared rooms and hospital beds -- and it was expensive. It looked like a hotel, but the memory care was a locked facility that looked like a mental ward, and I just wasn't happy with that.

August 24, 2016

By Joanne228388

There were not many activities at Carman Oaks. The rooms were single rooms and smaller. It was clean and adequate. The people were very nice. I really liked the people, and the staff seemed to be very caring.

May 10, 2016

By NancyGNAFW

The Springs was nice but a little bit farther away but more expensive than what my friend is looking for. The staff was very helpful and cleanliness seemed very good. It was a small facility and the grounds were very lovely.

September 29, 2015

We have moved my father-in-law at The Springs at Carman Oaks. It was actually recommended by another facility. At The Springs at Carman Oaks, it is like going to a luxury resort hotel. The staff is amazing. The facility is definitely secured. I would say if somebody is looking for a luxurious and elegant place to live, this is it.

September 14, 2015

By Richard112223350

My parents will move in next week at The Springs at Carman Oaks. The people are very helpful. I sat down and had a one-on-one discussion with them. They explained to me, and to my parents, and they are able to answer the questions. They give me a tour of the facility, and the facility looks great. They have just remodeled the dining room, and it looks nice. It is large, and it looks very accommodating. It is an older place. It is about 30 years old, but the rooms are nice. They have film nights. They have a local playhouse that they say that they take their residents over to a night before the show actually opens. They also have lots of services where they take the residents out. They have game events for the residents in the house. I think location is important, and also the people seem to have a very good interest in what they offer. For my parents' situation, it checks out all their boxes. That is where my parents like the most, and they will be most comfortable there.

August 23, 2015

By Deb28

I had my mother on a waiting list in The Springs at Carman Oaks. It had a very nice setting, and it had an independent and assisted living facility. The rooms were a little bit smaller. The number of staff that would be available to my mother was not as good, but everybody was very nice, pleasant, and willing to give any information I asked.

July 23, 2014

By Me.v

I was visiting my mother when I noticed a roach in her unit. I asked her if she had seen others she said oh yes there around. When I asked about what maintenance had done. She said she does not talk with them anymore because of how rude they are. I was sick to hear this. It looks great on the out side but once you move in apparently things are very different. I'm moving my mom out this weekend

December 16, 2013

I'm on a waiting list for a studio in The Springs at Carman Oaks. I like their rooms very much. I like also the scenery, the trees and everything. I also like that the people there are very friendly. I've also been trying to access places to exercise that are safe and warm and it is really hard to find them, that's why I was impressed that The Springs have a wellness center with a pool and everything. They also have yoga and Tai Chi and those are important to me. They have a couple of things, like book club, that really appeals to me that other facility don't have. Food was good and they have more choices.

June 01, 2012

By ashleysue

I have always enjoyed visiting Carmen Oaks. I find the staff to be warm and welcoming, and their commitment to the residents of the facility is evident. The range of activities available to the residents is wonderful, and people can participate in different activities, based on their interest and ability levels. For example, there is often a piano player who visits, and it is a joy to see the audience smiling, clapping, and singing along to the music. I, myself, have worked with residents on different projects. I also love to walk with residents around the facility; there are some lovely benches and treed areas outside, where a pair of friends can sit and talk in the Oregon sunshine (when there is Oregon sunshine!). Finally, on the occasions when a resident needed urgent medical care, I saw the providers respond quickly and efficiently. This facility also works to bring in members of the nearby neighborhoods and cities (like me!), and it gives the place a sense of community.

August 07, 2011

By A Gerontologist

Carman Oaks is owned by Grayco, which has the reputation of being a good management company. It doesn't have many facilities, but does a good job with the ones it has. This one is nestled in a hollow with many trees around, and an outdoor sitting area. There is capacity for 144 independent living residents and 29 in assisted living; residents are housed in two different buildings, both of which have two floors. No specialized memory care is offered. While the place is nicely built and well constructed; the decor is a little old-fashioned, in shades of mauve, and a little dark; the darkness may be exacerbated by the woodsy setting. The rooms are basic, nothing too fancy. The most basic offering is an alcove, which is 473 square feet, and the cost runs from $1,700 to $1,945 monthly, depending on location. The dining area is located centrally"”and residents speak highly of the food. There are usually three options offered per meal, along with alternatives they can order off the menu. There are open areas in the building where residents could congregate, but they don't seem to do so; most tend to stay in their apartments. Residents complain about the lack of activities. They seem to line up early to have meals, because that's one of the main activities in the place. Other than that, there's not much engaging or creative offered for them to do. Perhaps to help fill this gap, there seem to be a lot of family members who come to take the residents out"”and there are many things to do in the area of Lake Oswego, which is a safe and active area. A lot of people in independent living here hire in-home care, so the residents typically have higher needs than in similar facilities. The care in assisted living is quite good. The manager is an RN, and there is very little turnover, so the staff members have good relationships with the residents. They have a nice calm demeanors instead of being frantic. They also have good relationships with one another, which adds to the pleasant atmosphere. This place might not be a good fit for potential residents who want to have a lot of interaction with other residents, since people here seem to stick to themselves. The cost is comparable to other facilities in the area.
Thank you for taking the time to give this extensive and in-depth review. We appreciate your ideas and feedback. We are always striving to imporove our communities and make like more comfortable for our residents.

Independent Living Reviews for The Springs at Carman Oaks

August 27, 2014

My father is going to be at the Springs at Carman Oak. We have visited the independent living for right now, and we are going to see how that goes. It just seemed like a very nice facility. Everybody was very pleasant and very helpful. I did have a meal there and it was very delicious.

March 13, 2014

Carman Oaks is known for its high quality work. I know the banker who is behind this project, and so on economic stand point, I felt it was a good bet. I only met very few staff, and I asked if there was much turnover. They said there was not. I have no way to verify that. But I'll have to trust that they have not had too much staff turnover. The rooms are a little small, but they're going to be renovated and there's going to be a saltwater pool and a good exercise center. I did try the food, and it was good. It was all under renovation. I was in their temporary dining room, so I'm just having to trust that things are going along in its being rehabbed. The activities looked good and adequate for me. They have at least 10 different activities every day.

Costs for The Springs at Carman Oaks

Photos of The Springs at Carman Oaks

Services and Amenities of The Springs at Carman Oaks

• About The Springs at Carman Oaks

The Springs at Carman Oaks is more than a place to reside for our residents, it's their home. Our residents are looking for more than just a place, they are looking for a place to live life, to enjoy social activities and a place to make new friends and entertain old friends and family.

Map of The Springs at Carman Oaks