Solvang Retirement Living

Reviews of Solvang Retirement Living

Independent Living Reviews for Solvang Retirement Living

April 22, 2015

By John105606250

My grandmother lived there at Solvang. They are really nice, and they took good care of her. They had a good meal program too. I didn't try to eat there, but we got to see the dining room, and my grandmother always said that the food was fantastic. The ambiance was very nice, and it was more like a restaurant. The one bedroom apartment she had was really nice. My grandmother said that they always have stuff going on that she could go to. As for security, we just walked in, and we had to stop at the front desk to register. I was impressed by the cleanliness and the way the place looked which is like an apartment complex.

December 29, 2013

By Barbara68575550

Mom's doing well at Solvang Retirement. She's been there for two months now. I went there a couple of times before I moved mom just to have meetings with the administrator. One thing I noticed about this place is you can hear laughter, you can hear conversation, you can hear people greeting each other and it is just a happy kind of place. She's 95 and still very independent. The only pill that's she's taking is aspirin. I really like where she is because she's more social, has a lot of people to interact with, and she's more active than before. She got her sense of humor back too. Those to me are good sign that she's adjusting very well. They had a huge Scandinavian dinner few weeks ago with Scandinavian music and some of the kids came in and did some folk dances. They have two or three things planned every single day, so she can do as much as she want. They also have community meetings every other week where they can state their grievances and what they don't like. So far there isn't anything that I don't like about the facility. She's getting everything for $2,200 a month that includes all of her utilities, basic cable and includes all of her meals. The only utility she pays is her own personal phone. What she likes most is that she didn't have to cook or shop for food. They have a different menu every day plus they have standard menu. It is like a restaurant, they take your order and they will fix it the way you want it. Right now, she's really happy where she is. And I am just 9 miles away instead of 900.

About Solvang Retirement Living

Solvang Retirement Living is a senior living provider in Eugene, Oregon that offers residents Independent Living. Contact Solvang Retirement Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Solvang Retirement Living