Heartland of Mentor

Reviews of Heartland of Mentor

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland of Mentor

February 09, 2015

By caregiver06

Being my grandmother's caregiver for years, it was hard to see her have to go into someone elses care. I was unable to do the things a 'skilled' professional could do, so I thought. I would visit everyday and ask nurses questions. I've been questioned, pushed aside, disrespected. The administration wasn't any different. I've had many phone calls not returned, was told different things by different administators, and most importantly they don't follow SOP for admin/discharge procedures. The list could go on. If I would have known all this was going to happen I would'vve chosen elsewhere!!!

November 20, 2013

My mother was in Heartland of Mentor in the rehab section. She was there for about six to eight weeks. We like it very much. They also have a long-term nursing wing but we didn't like that as much. The facility itself was in a wooded area. The living environment was very lovely. They also have gardens and stuff outside. You could take somebody in a wheelchair out there. The staff was good. The care was good. They have a wonderful rehab staff. She had therapy three times a day with different people for physical, occupational, and speech therapy. They were very good at their job. They were prompt and they took her every day. She made some real progress so that she was able to leave and go live on her own again. I would definitely recommend this place for rehab. My mom was in a room with another person. I wouldn't say it was spacious; all you have room for was your bed, your little nightstand, a kind of wardrobe thing for both people, and then a bathroom that was shared. That's adequate when you're there for rehab, but if it came to living there, that wouldn't be adequate for her. You also don't have your own furniture there in their room. We wanted my mom to be able to have some of her belongings. Overall, they were good to her. However, as far as staying there, it wasn't the same kind of atmosphere as the other places. It wasn't homey to live there.

October 23, 2012

By Jan123

Most staff friendly, generally clean. Some poor experiences with 1-2 of the aides that were providing care (slow to take relative to the bathroom when needed).

May 08, 2012

By Daisy5

Heartland of Mentor does Nursing/Rehab for clients The nursing staff is very caring and helps the client be comfortable the best they can. When my relative was there and was at risk of falling she was kept a close eye on by the nurses and aides. The meals were healthy and tasty, The aides would help feed the clients who couldn't feed themselves. The only area that could use a little attention to is the rooms/floors being cleaner----but the laundry/bedding was kept clean and my relative was always clean while there.

Services and Amenities of Heartland of Mentor

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Heartland of Mentor

Heartland of Mentor is a senior living provider in Mentor, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland of Mentor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland of Mentor