Hearth and Home Vandalia

Reviews of Hearth and Home Vandalia

Assisted Living Reviews for Hearth and Home Vandalia

January 06, 2016

By rossdm

I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and facility at Hearth and Home. Nate the resident manager and Leah the head nurse went out of their way to help us transition my mom to their facility - down to staying with her at night until she got use to the facility (she had alzaheimers so they had to go above and beyond in order to get my mom adjusted to her new environment, which in alzaheimers patients this is very tramatic for them). I very much love that with this facility that there is not a separate memory care unit. I liked that my mom was able to socialize and participate in all the same activities as all the other residents and not separated into a unit just with residents with dementia and alzaheimers issues. I know that my mom enjoyed her time while she was there. This facility has a very well trained staff that knew how to handle my mom properly when she would get upset (again from the alzaheimers). No matter what time of day i would stop by to visit my mom, the staff was always busy helping residents; asking them if they needed help with anything or talking to them. The residents have alot of activities available to them which my mom enjoyed very much - especially the day they got to go on a tour of a winery!!!! I have learned from this experience that cost should not be the first factor, it should be the amount of care that the resident will receive in a assisted living facility. Even though it was at a point that my siblings and I could not take care of our mom; it was still difficult to make the choice to have my mom go into assisted living. But between Nate and Leah and the rest of the staff they took "care" of us as well by taking good care of our mom to where we didn't have to worry about her at any time while she was in their care. We knew that was the best place for my mom.

September 07, 2015

By Fonda1

We visited Hearth and Home. I really did not like that place because we felt kind of rushed in and out. It just seemed a little cold. For one, when we drove up, you have to step up to get into the place. A lot of the people are in wheelchairs, so you can't go up step to get in, and that was a turnoff. The person who showed us around seemed to be into rushing us. They were doing some construction when we were there. It was a nice facility, and it seemed to be clean; they just need to have a better entrance to get into their facility.

July 12, 2011

By GianSushy

I applied for a job at a nice assisted living in Vandalia, Ohio. The facility is a nice place. They have a small staff where everyone pitches in. They serve meals right from the kitchen like home. They have nice private rooms with private baths. They take their residents on outings and have activities every day. Some downsides are if a resident gets sick or needs extra care they would have to go to another facility for more care until they were well enough to return. I can say from the tour I got and the information I received during my interview that this facility would be a nice home to anyone needing assisted living care.

Services and Amenities of Hearth and Home Vandalia

• Housing Extra: 45 Units.

• Features Extra: Private Dining Room, Emergency Call System

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Yes

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Ambulation, Appointment Setting Assistance, Escort To Meals/Activities, Bedtime Prep Assistance, Room Checks, Repair/Maintenance, Advanced Skin Care, Incontinence Care, Adult Day Care

Types of care

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Unkown

• State Licenses: 2341R

About Hearth and Home Vandalia

Hearth and Home Vandalia is a senior living provider in Dayton, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Hearth and Home Vandalia for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hearth and Home Vandalia