Gardens of Scioto

Assisted Living Reviews for Gardens of Scioto

Nursing Home Reviews for Gardens of Scioto

November 13, 2014

By Jonsie

My father was just recently released from Scioto Community. My sister and I were very disappointed in the lack of care he received while there. The nursing staff in the first area he was in were rude and acted like we were bothering them when we had questions. Nurse response time was extremely slow which is very concerning. While we know that our father was not their ONLY patient, he was still a patient of theirs who deserved their attention and care. We were told he received showers when in fact he did not. He received only two showers the entire time he was there. He also had a mishap and cut his nose. Not one nurse noticed it! My sister had to clean it for him when she arrived. When he was moved to the Tuscan area, they couldn't find the "medical alert" necklace that is to accompany each patient, and assured us he would have it that night, but he never received it. The next morning, he had to call my sister at work and have her call the nurses station to come and help him because he was ill and couldn't get out of bed! That is inexcusable!! When I got there after work and voiced my concerns to the assistant administrator, she was very concerned and went straight to the nurses station and somehow immediately found the necklace and brought it to us. That tells me that they are either unorganized or just lazy. Also, the communication among the place as a whole is horrible! When it was time for my father to leave, we were sent home with oxygen tanks and no instruction on how to use them. They also tried to send us home with an empty oxygen tank! Our father has stage four lung cancer and has to be on oxygen a lot of the time. So to send him home with no instructions and an empty oxygen tank is ridiculous!! I'm not sure what's going on in this place but it needs to be fixed. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

July 18, 2013

By Jea

My Elderly Mother was placed in this facility after double vascular bypass, knee implant removed making her bedfast to fight major MRSA infection, with pic line placed for IV antibiotics. Her groin wound was not treated and ultimately caused more infection. Staff did NOT follow her Wound Doc orders at all. She was put on so much pain medication by the house doctor she was vomiting blood and could not stay awake. She was left to lay in her own feces/urine for hours WHEN I WASNT THERE, THANK GOD I VISITED TWO/THREE TIMES A DAY, causing severe rash on her bottom and front and bedsore on tailbone. Her vascular bypass was failing and they had outside company do a test but the house Doc did not feel it was severe enough to send her out. I immediately called surgeon who admitted her and ultimately her leg was AMPUTATED, mid thigh. Now nearly 4 weeks after removing her from this horrible plance, is still rashed up and bedsore very painful, groin wound healing appropriately with proper care. She did not go back and I have reported this facility to the State. Please anyone with a loved one here, DONT ASSUME they are being taken care of, they are NOT!

November 01, 2012

By anna d

My mom loved the nurses and therapy staff. She really did well and is now home with us.

August 21, 2012

My wife's room is very nice. It's clean, it's new, it's bright. People are so far very friendly.

April 13, 2012

By SupaTall

So i when i arrived at this place the first thing i noticed was that the outside was very beautiful and it was not trashy. so then i walked in and the people here was so nice to me they asked me if i needed any help with anything. and i told them that i need to see Doris C. so then she told me what room number she was in and i went and couldnt find it i came back and she said that doris had to have a bath so then i went and waited around and saw that they had a piano in there Activities area and i went in and started to play and a whole bunch of the residents came in and started listening. well i was so blessed to see theses people who have been in there for a few years who has not had any visitors. That broke my heart. so anyways if i could rate this place then i would have to give it a rating of a 10 because i wish that if i ever had to go to a place like this when i got old i would hope that i be able to go there i have no real negatives about this place the only negatives that i had was that some of the people in there had no one to visit with them .

Costs for Gardens of Scioto

Photos of Gardens of Scioto

Services and Amenities of Gardens of Scioto

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 2378R

About Gardens of Scioto

Our caring staff works with residents to customize a daily schedule based on each person’s needs and preferences.

The Gardens of Scioto provides a comfortable, cozy, inviting atmosphere that feels like home. Our residents are encouraged to participate in daily activities and outings, but we are also respectful of those who prefer a more quiet lifestyle. Our calendar is packed full of purpose-driven activities like arts, crafts, music, singing, theater, dance, reading and storytelling. There is something for everyone from individuals to small groups to larger groups to families.

It’s home with the advantage of on-site medical assistance, value-added services and the opportunity to socialize.

Services & Amenities

Many people think of assisted living in terms of tasks such as getting dressed and taking showers. The other key benefit to assisted living that many people find harder to visualize is the coordination of care and clinical oversight that a community provides. All of our assisted living residents have their vitals monitored on a regular basis and undergo routine assessments (overall, fall-risk, and skin). Coordination of third-party services such as scheduling physician appointments, labs, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies can also be included. Having our team of clinical experts oversee these facets of day-to-day needs provides our residents and their loved ones with the security of knowing our team is looking out for them. Potential risks are identified, and plans are put together proactively to keep our residents as independent and safe as possible.

In addition to a personalized plan of care, our Assisted Living residents enjoy:

• Three freshly-prepared meals each day in our dining room
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service, as well as one load of personal laundry per week
  • Scheduled transportation to and from doctor’s appointments as well as the grocery store, banks, and shopping
  • Programs and events calendar featuring several opportunities each day to enjoy activities such as fitness classes, featured speakers, group outings, trivia, entertainment, games, and crafts
  • Maintenance of apartment, including all appliances and preventative maintenance
  • Nursing staff on-site 24-hours a day

We offer five floor plan to chose from including studio, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms.

Map of Gardens of Scioto