Gardens of Scioto

Reviews of Gardens of Scioto

Assisted Living Reviews for Gardens of Scioto

October 12, 2021

By Elizabeth

My mom moved into Gardens of Scioto. So far, they're wonderful, and it's very nice. They have an aviary with birds in it, a game room, and different rooms for people. They have the dining room and a library. They have quite a bit to do, and they offer activities as well. The staff members are very nice. They seem very attentive. Every time I'm there, a staff member comes in for one reason or another. The rooms are small, but they're very nice, very clean, and just big enough for one person. She seems to like the food; she usually finishes it when it comes. It seems like a good deal. They are all expensive, but it's not any more expensive than the other ones. They're going to take her to the doctor, so they have medical transportation. The place is really nice, but the carpets are kind of old; they could use new carpet. Other than that, it's really nice. I haven't seen any activities; I just saw the room.

We are delighted to read this positive review. We work hard to be sure each resident receives personalized attention and care. Thank you for trusting us to take care of your mom.

October 01, 2021

By Janis

We toured the Gardens of Scioto. I love the property. I loved it. I love their lobby and the little thing that they had out back with a fountain. They had birds in the birdcage in the middle of the lobby. It was very, very nice. No complaints whatsoever. They gave us the information we needed to get ourselves started on things. The staff I met was awesome. They were all awesome. I'm very, very grateful to them for the information we received. I was very satisfied with the staff. She was part of the administration. She had her own big office. She was very kind, and she was very explicit in her answers. We got a little more understanding of what we need or what we need to do at some point. I was very happy with the whole situation. The facility was beautiful. It was impeccable. I was satisfied with the tour, but they could use some work in the parking lot. There were potholes.

October 20, 2020

By Chris

My father has moved into Gardens of Scioto. Because of COVID, I didn't really get to see the whole community, but I was impressed with what I got to see. The outside landscaping was nice, and things looked in good condition. I got to go inside a little bit, but because of COVID I was only allowed to go directly to the room that Dad moved into. I was very impressed with the staff member getting the room reserved. They were very friendly. Those who helped me as I was moving stuff in were super nice. They still provided my dad with a calendar for the month of October and it was chock-full of activities. When I was there, they were offering cheesecake to everybody, so I was impressed with that. Compared to other places in Columbus, it was a little more affordable.

June 30, 2018

By Jill

My grandparents' room at Gardens of Scioto is clean and spacious. It has a friendly atmosphere. They have bingo, church service, and arts and crafts. The staff is friendly, on-hand, and helpful. They tell me the food is good.

Jill, We are happy to hear of these positive remarks and the experience your grandparents report. We truly appreciate the feedback. What could be be doing different that would have encouraged you to give us a better star rating? We are always looking for opportunities to do better. Respectfully, Lisa Stockdale VP Sales & Marketing, Capital Health Care Network

January 29, 2014

My mother-in-law has all settled in at Scotio Community. It's one of the places that we visited that seemed to be the nicest facility and it's also the closest to us. They have doctor on-site. There's a nurse on duty 24 hours. They are checked every two hours to be sure they are doing alright. Their blood pressure is being monitored. She is a high risk for UTI, so her urinary tract is monitored. We have been very, very pleased with the level of care that she has received there. They really seemed to stay on top of everything. They have the usual activities like bingo, Keno, and card games. They have a craft room and actually my mother-in-law has taught some of the other people some of the craft that she does. They have outings every week. They go out to lunch if they want to every week. It's up to them if they want to do it. She is finally settling in and finally starting to realize where she is. We are very pleased with this facility.

June 11, 2012

By floplady

Scioto Community is a very clean assisted living facility. My grandmother moved there because she got to the point that it was too difficult to take care of herself. Residents were expected to go to the dining hall for meals unless they had informed the staff ahead of time that they weren't able to attend. In these cases, a staff member would often bring a tray to the resident. The rooms were small, yet handicapped accessible. The room that my grandmother was in had a small mini-kitchen and living room as soon as you entered the room. There was a small hallway off of the kitchen and a bedroom and bathroom were there. Staff members seemed to be very nice and tried to engage the residents as best they could. There were several community-building activities planned each week such as BINGO, movie nights, outings to local restaurants, and craft shows. All in all, she was happy while she was there and she made terrific friends with other residents.

November 17, 2011

By co

The facility is clean and clean-smelling; it also has a number of really good features such as a courtyard that is surrounded by the building so patients can go outside without danger. Because this facility is close to my church, many of my church friends have either stayed there or had family members there. The facility can be more than adequate if the person staying there has an outside family member who can be there on a daily basis not just to see what is going on but to help with the care of the person staying at the facility. The food is pathetic; one of my friends was having trouble eating enough food and I could see why--it was unappetizing. By the time it gets to where people are living (for those who can't make it to the dining room), it's cold. The staff I have met have seemed nice enough, but there is too much work to be done by too few people. Two times I saw residents not be able to go to the bathroom because staff couldn't get to them or were not clear on how to help them (one had serious Parkinson's disease). I reported this facility in these instances. The building is nice; the furniture is nice; there are facilities for patients such as a hair dresser. The externals are just fine. It seems, however, that actual patient care gets neglected too often because of the desire to keep the place profitable.

Nursing Home Reviews for Gardens of Scioto

July 27, 2016

By Cindy307633

Scioto Community has been pretty clean every time I have been there. What stood out to me the most was their friendliness. The rooms were big and had their own bathrooms. They offered just about anything you could think of, but they didn't have a pool. They did have physical and speech therapy. I think that they do a good job. Staff is friendly, from what I have experienced. I have been there different times of the day and haven't had any complaints. They can probably improve the food because elderly people always complain about food no matter where they go.

November 13, 2014

By Jonsie

My father was just recently released from Scioto Community. My sister and I were very disappointed in the lack of care he received while there. The nursing staff in the first area he was in were rude and acted like we were bothering them when we had questions. Nurse response time was extremely slow which is very concerning. While we know that our father was not their ONLY patient, he was still a patient of theirs who deserved their attention and care. We were told he received showers when in fact he did not. He received only two showers the entire time he was there. He also had a mishap and cut his nose. Not one nurse noticed it! My sister had to clean it for him when she arrived. When he was moved to the Tuscan area, they couldn't find the "medical alert" necklace that is to accompany each patient, and assured us he would have it that night, but he never received it. The next morning, he had to call my sister at work and have her call the nurses station to come and help him because he was ill and couldn't get out of bed! That is inexcusable!! When I got there after work and voiced my concerns to the assistant administrator, she was very concerned and went straight to the nurses station and somehow immediately found the necklace and brought it to us. That tells me that they are either unorganized or just lazy. Also, the communication among the place as a whole is horrible! When it was time for my father to leave, we were sent home with oxygen tanks and no instruction on how to use them. They also tried to send us home with an empty oxygen tank! Our father has stage four lung cancer and has to be on oxygen a lot of the time. So to send him home with no instructions and an empty oxygen tank is ridiculous!! I'm not sure what's going on in this place but it needs to be fixed. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

July 18, 2013

By Jea

My Elderly Mother was placed in this facility after double vascular bypass, knee implant removed making her bedfast to fight major MRSA infection, with pic line placed for IV antibiotics. Her groin wound was not treated and ultimately caused more infection. Staff did NOT follow her Wound Doc orders at all. She was put on so much pain medication by the house doctor she was vomiting blood and could not stay awake. She was left to lay in her own feces/urine for hours WHEN I WASNT THERE, THANK GOD I VISITED TWO/THREE TIMES A DAY, causing severe rash on her bottom and front and bedsore on tailbone. Her vascular bypass was failing and they had outside company do a test but the house Doc did not feel it was severe enough to send her out. I immediately called surgeon who admitted her and ultimately her leg was AMPUTATED, mid thigh. Now nearly 4 weeks after removing her from this horrible plance, is still rashed up and bedsore very painful, groin wound healing appropriately with proper care. She did not go back and I have reported this facility to the State. Please anyone with a loved one here, DONT ASSUME they are being taken care of, they are NOT!

November 01, 2012

By anna d

My mom loved the nurses and therapy staff. She really did well and is now home with us.

August 21, 2012

My wife's room is very nice. It's clean, it's new, it's bright. People are so far very friendly.

April 13, 2012

By SupaTall

So i when i arrived at this place the first thing i noticed was that the outside was very beautiful and it was not trashy. so then i walked in and the people here was so nice to me they asked me if i needed any help with anything. and i told them that i need to see Doris C. so then she told me what room number she was in and i went and couldnt find it i came back and she said that doris had to have a bath so then i went and waited around and saw that they had a piano in there Activities area and i went in and started to play and a whole bunch of the residents came in and started listening. well i was so blessed to see theses people who have been in there for a few years who has not had any visitors. That broke my heart. so anyways if i could rate this place then i would have to give it a rating of a 10 because i wish that if i ever had to go to a place like this when i got old i would hope that i be able to go there i have no real negatives about this place the only negatives that i had was that some of the people in there had no one to visit with them .

Costs for Gardens of Scioto

• Date Certified: 08/01/2020

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 2378R

About Gardens of Scioto

Our caring staff works with residents to customize a daily schedule based on each person’s needs and preferences.

The Gardens of Scioto provides a comfortable, cozy, inviting atmosphere that feels like home. Our residents are encouraged to participate in daily activities and outings, but we are also respectful of those who prefer a more quiet lifestyle. Our calendar is packed full of purpose-driven activities like arts, crafts, music, singing, theater, dance, reading and storytelling. There is something for everyone from individuals to small groups to larger groups to families.

It’s home with the advantage of on-site medical assistance, value-added services and the opportunity to socialize.

Services & Amenities

Many people think of assisted living in terms of tasks such as getting dressed and taking showers. The other key benefit to assisted living that many people find harder to visualize is the coordination of care and clinical oversight that a community provides. All of our assisted living residents have their vitals monitored on a regular basis and undergo routine assessments (overall, fall-risk, and skin). Coordination of third-party services such as scheduling physician appointments, labs, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies can also be included. Having our team of clinical experts oversee these facets of day-to-day needs provides our residents and their loved ones with the security of knowing our team is looking out for them. Potential risks are identified, and plans are put together proactively to keep our residents as independent and safe as possible.

In addition to a personalized plan of care, our Assisted Living residents enjoy:

• Three freshly-prepared meals each day in our dining room
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service, as well as one load of personal laundry per week
  • Scheduled transportation to and from doctor’s appointments as well as the grocery store, banks, and shopping
  • Programs and events calendar featuring several opportunities each day to enjoy activities such as fitness classes, featured speakers, group outings, trivia, entertainment, games, and crafts
  • Maintenance of apartment, including all appliances and preventative maintenance
  • Nursing staff on-site 24-hours a day

We offer five floor plan to chose from including studio, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms.

Map of Gardens of Scioto