Northgate Park

Reviews of Northgate Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Northgate Park

January 30, 2018

By MBB

I really like the vibe of Northgate Park. It's a young community. Even though my mother is in her 90's, she doesn't want to live in a nursing home with a lot of old people, so I think she'd like this facility. I saw a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom and I think she'd beat up the walls and corners with her wheelchair. They have chair yoga, jigsaw puzzles, mass, and they have rosaries everyday. They also have three meals every day to help my mom get out of the room. They have a beauty shop and pharmacy available, they can take care of her meds, help her in and out of the shower, and even provide nursing care should she need in.

October 10, 2017

By Miller

My cousin is in Atria Northgate Park. It's clean and neat, has a lot of natural light, lots of lounges, and things to do. It has a greenhouse where people can grow flowers. The staff members are very nice. We have different levels of care that we have to pay for. She's been taking a while to get used to it, but they've been very helpful and everyone is very friendly and nice. It's really lovely. So far, so good. The food is wonderful, but she has problems with it from time to time. They're trying to cook for people that don't need salt, don't need fat, so she has to add lemon and pepper to her own food. They have a wonderful presentation and a lovely menu, and if you don't like what's on the menu, you can get something that you might like instead. They've been very helpful that way. The facility is nice, clean, and well-kept. They have a big fish aquarium which is very nice. The dining room is lovely with skylights, linen tablecloths, and nice napkins, which makes a lovely appearance. They have nice lounges that are fully equipped and a library that's very nice. It's right around the corner from where I live, so it's very convenient. It's on seven acres of property, has lots of trees and grass, and it's all on one floor. It's very nicely done. She needs a lot of extra help, and they're very attentive and very helpful. She has a 1-bedroom apartment and she really loves it. We're happy. It's better than where she came from.

April 25, 2017

By GLA

Atria Northgate Park was a beautiful facility. I would have put my parents there in a minute, but it wasn’t the right layout nor the right size for them since they did not have a two-bedroom. They had activities throughout the day and the week. They had a beauty salon and a post office. They made sure that the residents got out with transportation to the grocery store, doctor, and shopping centers. They had a really nice dining room and a nice living arrangement, so if people wanted to be out of their room, they had sitting rooms that looked homey throughout the facility. All the rooms were laid out very nicely. They had options for layout so you could choose a studio or a suite or a deluxe suite. They all had patios. All of the apartments were on the main level, so there were no stairs. They had very wide hallways, so there’s no problem using a scooter or a walker to get around. The staff I met was very nice. The community was nicely maintained and had nice amenities. It was almost like a small city under a roof.

February 29, 2016

By Mike120536950

My father moved into Atria Northgate. I didn't have a problem with anything, but what I didn’t like is they used to charge $6 for visitors to eat with him for a meal. Last February 1st they just raised that to $11. It's almost a 100% increase. So we're not eating with him anymore. The portions of the meal sizes are nowhere near worth $11. They seem to have a wide variety of activities. He attends daily rosary sessions, they've got mass for him, bingo, they watch movies, they take them on trips, and they even had a New Year's Eve party for him. He's in the independent living, but they still have people check on him to make sure he's taking his medication. They also help coordinate his doctor appointments. The lady there told me that he doesn't have to go to a lab to do regular blood test. They'll do them right there and sent them off to a lab. It's been a great experience so far. This was the most inexpensive of all the places we looked at, and that's another reason why he chose Atria. However, the parking situation for visitors is pretty far away from the front door. It's a little bit of a hassle with bad weather in Cincinnati, bringing things in there and taking things out. And because they double the lunch prices, I'm not going to give them a 5. I understand that everything goes up in price, but when you do it a 100% increase, wow!

I appreciate your feedback about the dining room and the parking lot. I’d like to help, so I’ve shared your concerns with our leadership and welcome you to tell me more by reaching me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

January 14, 2016

By Peggie2

We liked most everything about Atria Northgate Park. The staff told us everything we needed to know. They had an activity going on in the activity room and were doing a tasting demonstration of different local wines.

December 10, 2015

By Jeff46

The Atria seemed larger and more spread out, which was OK. It had very nice grounds, but their outside area was not contained within a courtyard, so it seemed to me a little vulnerable. I was worried about Mom taking a walk away from the area. The staff was excellent. It was a nice facility with nice people and dining room. It looked like their activities were well-planned out. The security thing and it being far across town made my mom not think about going there.

Thanks for visiting our community Jeff! We welcome you back at any time to discuss any questions you may have about resident safety. Or, you can sent any questions or comments to customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

December 01, 2015

By Ann117382750

My mother-in-law is at Atria Northgate Park. She has dementia, so she doesn’t know everything that’s going on there, but they do offer a lot. They offer a lot of family gatherings. They do a lot to incorporate the family into the day with them. They have nice meals to go along with that, so there are always entertainers. They bring in singers and musicians. They have bingo a couple times a week. They have arts and crafts. They do a lot for the residents. The staff is very kind and caring. The only thing I can say in a negative tone was they actually have a lot of outbreaks that they have to be quarantined. That’s the only negative I can say about the place. The staff has been very kind and very receptive to any questions you have. The nurses are great at that. They’re very kind to my mother-in-law.

November 30, 2015

By Rick42

We definitely liked our visit in Atria Northgate Park. The lady who gave us the tour was good. We liked the idea that it only has one floor all the way around. My mom really liked that the facility didm't have stairs nor an elevator. The rooms and apartments were fine and of the right sizes. We saw a group of residents playing bingo when we were there. I also looked at their calendar, which had a few things scheduled. We didn't find any issues there, so I would highly rate it.

September 28, 2015

By Caring106920550

We were very happy with Atria Northgate Park. It was a very lovely facility, very welcoming, very warm, and very family like. We liked it very much. The dining area was very nice, bright and just lovely. It was more open because the patients there were more ready for independent living. The rooms were very nice. My mother-in-law felt that she would be happy in any one of the rooms that we have seen with each one having a full bath and handicap accessible, with a little kitchenette in each of them. It was more of an apartment style living. The activities were wonderful. They had an exercise room, and they were playing chair volleyball while we were there. They had a library, a table setup for cards, and a nice and bright social area where you could sit and visit with friends, like a living room situation.

August 08, 2015

Atria Northgate Park was a very pleasant place. The staff was wonderful. The rooms and apartments were sufficient in size. They had an activities director so they did a lot of things. The dining room was pleasant, and the food seemed to be pretty good to me. What impressed me most were the friendliness of the staff and the pleasantness of the facility. It was laid out well. It was not a dark place.

July 28, 2015

By Emogene

They toured us around at Atria Northgate Park. It seemed a nice enough place. We saw the dining area, and it looked nice. The rooms were also nice.

June 29, 2015

The people were genuinely nice at Atria Northgate Park when we visited the place. They really seem to care about mom. The facility was very clean. She could maneuver around there in her chair without any problems at all. They have plenty of activities, plus there is freedom. It was just a really nice place, and we were very pleased with them.

June 29, 2015

By Patti24

The only issue we have with Atria Northgate Park is they have no medical personnel on-staff there, but other than that we like them. They treat my mother good. The staff is very nice and very caring. The food is very good. They have cards and Wii games, but she does not participate. They have some social activities that they try to get her to go to, but she's only been there for two months, and she's still not into that yet. It has a friendly atmosphere and is very home like.

April 10, 2015

By Pat103329650

My mother does go to Atria Northgate to play cards with her bridge group, and that's why she was very interested in this place. Her bridge group plays there three times a month, and I have taken her there to play cards, but we did not go on a visit of the facility or anything for her. My first impression was that the people seemed really happy there. They are laughing and talking, and they join her group, sometimes; when they have people that can't come, they will fill in. The people working there seemed really nice. They eat lunch when they are there, and, occasionally they'll have something that she doesn't care for, but for the most part, she is pretty happy with what they have. They have been really happy, and they are still there; they still play cards there. It seems to be clean.

March 05, 2015

By Lin Su

My brother has been a resident of Atria Northgate Park for about 7 years. His care has been excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxed and homelike. There are activities throughout the day and on the weekends. This aspect is very important to my brother because he is relatively young and fairly active. Scheduled transportation is available for shopping, church and community outings. A car service is available for private trips and doctor appointments. Every apartment has a patio...some residents even have pets! The fees are reasonable especially considering all that is included. The meals I have eaten there are quite nice and the servers know each residents preferences. The facility is well run with many employees having been there for years. Our family has been able to enjoy peace of mind knowing that my brother's needs are being met and that he enjoys as much freedom as his physical condition will allow. My brother has been very pleased with his decision to move to Atria Northgate Park.

January 20, 2015

By Blessednotstressed

Great place. I recommend it. I do think they wait too long to get their food though. Food is good but sometimes has to be sent back to microwave, not hot and maybe not enough waitresses.

Thank you for reaching out with your dining concerns. We appreciate feedback from families as they can provide valuable insight as to how we can constantly improve. If you have any additional concerns or feel we can be of further service, please reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include “Atria Northgate Park” in your subject line so we may quickly connect.

December 30, 2014

I'm happy here at Atria Northgate Park. Regarding the staff, they are qualified and well managed. I dialyze three times a week and they are very cooperative in bringing me there and back. My room is very comfortable. The food is palatable. I'm not very active in terms of facility's activities, but they do have them and they seem to suit the members here very well. They have card games and bingo, but I don't participate in them.

October 27, 2014

By Saraj

I visited Atria Northgate Park. It was a beautiful facility. Everybody was extremely polite. I really like how the dining area was. I didn't eat the food but everything seemed very pleasant. The place was very clean. What I like about this place was the staff. They were extremely polite and welcoming.

September 29, 2014

I visited the Atria, and I was not happy with their rooms. The rooms were very old; I think it needs to be updated. The bathrooms would be hard to maneuver in the wheelchair or a walker, and I just felt the rooms were dingy and needed a lot of updating. The sanitation was fine, I felt their activities were fine, and the general area was fine.

Thank you for coming in for a tour of our community. Though we did not end up being a perfect fit for you, we would love to share information about our other great communities in the area. Please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including “Atria Northgate Park” in your subject line, if we can be of further service to your family. We are here to help.

July 19, 2014

Atria was clean and pretty, and the staff was super nice. They were very nice and helpful. Grandma was pretty happy and positive about the visit. Atria was homey, with no smells.

March 30, 2014

By Beth0422

I actually helped someone moved into Atria Northgate Park. It is very nice. It looks like they maintain it very well. The person I helped has a studio. He doesn't have a full kitchen; he only has a little refrigerator, a sink, and a microwave. He wouldn't cook anyway. He just goes to the dining room and eats there. So that's fine for him. He is also happy with the food there. The people at the front desk are all really nice. The staff is very nice and friendly. They take care of his meds, they help him do his bath, and they clean the room once a week. When we visited, we asked a question of one of the cleaners in the hallway. She introduced herself, and she was very nice.

March 18, 2014

By billmonroe

Atria is a nice place and it’s all in one level. There are a lot of activities, a lot of things to do. The food is great and the staff is quite friendly and accommodating. They’ve got big rooms, it’s just that the location is a bit farther up than where I would go. I would go there if not for the location.

Thank you for visiting our community and I am happy to hear that you would consider Northgate Park for your next home were it not for the location. If we can be of any further help to you or provide more information on our other communities in the area, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Northgate Park" in your subject line.

January 31, 2014

By Doris19

The one that we liked was Atria Northgate. Went we visited it, my husband and I both fell in love with the place. We liked the way it was set up. We like that it had one floor. We liked the amenities in it. We liked the idea that they had meals preparation and the aides to help with shower and bathing. It was wonderful. We would move there, but we had to wait until fall and they had kept in touch with us.

September 09, 2013

Atria is perfect. It was a lovely place. They have their own patio. The rooms are very nice. I ate in their restaurant and the food was delicious. They have a great chef. They also have stores where residents can do a little shopping. I know that they had activities, but I didn't get into that part.

August 11, 2013

By Dorolene

The facility and staff was really nice. But it wasn't the place that she wanted because it didn't feel like a home. It felt like an apartment and they only had one-bedroom apartment and it was small. There were no laundry facilities in their unit, you would have to go to another room to do the laundry.

October 13, 2012

By setacarusonel

The assisted living facility is always clean and well kept. The staff is very nice and always helpful. My grandmother loved the facility and I was pleased each time I visited. The only down part of the facility was the organization. At times there would be people in places that seemed out of order or people scattered that could be dangerous with elderly people around. Besides the small organization the facility was great and a please to visit. The best thing about the facility by far is the staff. It is easy to tell the facility took time to hire staff that cares for their job and the things they are doing. I appreciate their generosity and care for each patient. Also they are very knowledgeable about what they do. They also are friendly each time I visit. This is a great facility that I would recommend to anyone or their family.

Independent Living Reviews for Northgate Park

Questions about Northgate Park

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Northgate Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Assisted Living Community for individuals 62+ years of age.

Costs for Northgate Park

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: Residential Care Facility
  • State Licenses: 2141R

About Northgate Park

Northgate Park is a preferred choice for Independent and Assisted living. Northgate Park sets the standard in senior living, with a lifestyle dedicated to whole person wellness. Enjoy a vibrant community in a supportive, active and enriching environment where assistance is available when you need it. Conveniently located just 12 miles from downtown Cincinnati. Northgate Park is close to The Newport Aquarium, Cincinnati Reds Baseball and finest shopping and restaurants. Highlight of Amenities included are: Fitness Center, Bistro Pub, Resident Garden Areas, Outdoor Grill, Library, Activity Room, Lounge Areas Beautiful private dining room for family and friends, Pet friendly, On-site banking, On-sight sundries shop, WiFi , Transportation, Cable TV, Restaurant style dining with all 3 meals included. Weekly Housekeeping, 24-hour nursing available, Personalized Care services, including assistance of daily living, Medication reminders and management.

Northgate Park is a one level senior living community located on 7 acres of beautiful green space.. Every apartment has its own private walkout patio. Our model is social and often is a preferred choice for those making that first transition into senior living.

Map of Northgate Park