The city of Fort Worth, Texas, is known for its warm hospitality and historic sites. It has a population of 909,585, and about 9.7% of residents are aged 65 and over. Seniors living in the city have access to excellent medical care at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest, which is ranked as high performing in four procedures by U.S. News. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Fort Worth is $5,171 for a semiprivate room, which is significantly less than the national average of $7,756.

Nursing homes provide a high level of care and medical assistance to seniors with chronic conditions and disabilities. This type of care can be cost prohibitive, and family members may want to look at alternative options such as home care and assisted living if their loved one doesn’t require a nursing home level of care.

This guide looks at the cost of nursing home care and alternative options in Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Additionally, it provides a list of resources for seniors.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Fort Worth, TX

River Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center

2416 NW 18th St., Fort Worth, TX, 76106

If I could give a lower rating I would. I was trying to find out why mother was denied by The facility because my morhwrs,insurance said they had not denied her. I had called to talk to the business … (read more)

Stonegate Nursing Center

4201 STONEGATE BLVD, Fort Worth, TX, 76109

My mom is in a skilled nursing facility. She is going to stay there for awhile. She is at Stonegate Nursing Center. She is doing well. The people are nice. I don’t have any complaints from what I can … (read more)

Ridgmar Medical Lodge

6600 Lands End Court, Fort Worth, TX, 76116

My favorite nurses were Anna and Kat. Lori was such a sweetheart. PT staff was great Jerry and Matt-Speech-Linda

Broadway Cityview

5301 Bryant Irvin Rd., Fort Worth, TX, 76132

Broadway Cityview is an assisted living facility located on the outskirts of Fort Worth, Texas, near Hulen Mall and just a few minutes from several parks on scenic Benbrook Lake. Guests and loved ones … (read more)

Harrison at Heritage

4600 Heritage Trace Parkway,, Fort Worth, TX, 76244

My mother was at this facility for 20 days. She always said how sweet everyone was towards her. I really appreciated that 2 caregivers got to visit her every day if there were appointments available. … (read more)

Trinity Terrace

1600 Texas St, Fort Worth, TX, 76102

Renaissance Park Multi-Care Center

4252 BRYANT IRVIN RD, Fort Worth, TX, 76109

Renaissance is the best place in town. It’s wonderful and it’s my home away from home. The physical therapy and everything about it are good. We have a radio, a TV, and bingo. There are all kinds of s … (read more)

Lexington Place

7146 Baker Blvd, Fort Worth, TX, 76118

Lexington Place is very nice place. We are going through refurbishing, new paint, new curtains, and it’s very clean. We had flood problems in September and a lot of the walls had to be replaced. We’re … (read more)

Garden Terrace Alzheimers Center of Excellence

7500 Oakmont Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX, 76132

My mother suffers from Alzheimer’s disease and requires rehabilitation after an inpatient confinement and we chose Garden Terrace for rehabilitation. This was not a good decision. The facility was not … (read more)

Mira Vista Court

7021 Bryant Irvin Rd, Fort Worth, TX, 76132

I was in rehab for a couple of months at Mira Vista Court. I had a lovely room. The food was excellent. I worked with the physical therapy department and they were very professional. They were very go … (read more)

Arlington Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center

4825 Wellesley Street, Fort Worth, TX, 76107

I really appreciate the care that my dad has gotten at this nursing facility. He has a spacious room for his therapy and the staff have all been wonderful. There’s always something going on so that … (read more)

Fireside Lodge Retirement Center

4800 WHITE SETTLEMENT RD, Fort Worth, TX, 76114

The staff at Fireside was great and very good to my father. They have people singing, church, bingo, and a water fountain. It’s an older place, but it is nice.

Remarkable Healthcare

6649 N. Riverside Drive, Fort Worth, TX, 76137

The rooms were cleaned regularly. I liked the staff. One aide was phenomenal, she always gave you what you needed. Traci also helped with everything. Therapy was excellent. I would recommend this … (read more)

Trail Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation

7100 Trail Lake Dr, Fort Worth, TX, 76123

My sister was a resident, this was the worst care ever, place was not clean, when she called for help she they would come when they wanted to, one night it took them three hours to get to her. She wa … (read more)

Dfw Nursing & Rehab

900 W Leuda Street, Fort Worth, TX, 76104

Great facility, care is amazing, the administrator is someone I would trust my closest relative’s care to.

Life Care Center of Haltom

2936 MARKUM DR, Fort Worth, TX, 76117

This facility truly cares about their patients and families. My grandmother is very happy here and constantly raving about the activities they have for their residents to participate in. The ONLY comp … (read more)

Park View Care Center

3301 VIEW ST, Fort Worth, TX, 76103

Park View was average, it was not too clean, but not too dirty either, and the lobby does not look like a lobby. The food looked OK. There were a lot of people sleeping in the wheelchairs. It seemed v … (read more)

Watson Memorial Nursing Home

5000 EAST LANCASTER AVE, Fort Worth, TX, 76103

I’ve been visiting this nursing home for a couple of years and sometimes when I come in it doesn’t smell so good, kind of like a man’s bathroom, where urine is a foul odor. The other half of the time … (read more)

Cityview Care Center

5801 BRYANT IRVIN RD, Fort Worth, TX, 76132

My husband was in this facility for physical therapy rehab. The nurses & aides were very attentive to my requests & always interested in my care. Meals were average. Physical therapists were t … (read more)

Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

6850 RUFE SNOW DR, Fort Worth, TX, 76148

My 88 year old mother was a resident for three weeks. She only needed minimal nursing care. The physical therapy department is excellent. The nurses and CNA’s were attentive and responded quickly … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Fort Worth, Texas

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Fort Worth is $5,171 for a semiprivate room and $6,692 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

The average monthly cost of a semiprivate nursing home room in Fort Worth is almost $2,600 below the national average of $7,756. However the local average cost is about $150 higher than the state median of $5,019.

The $5,201 average cost of nursing home care in the state capital, Austin, is only slightly higher than in Fort Worth. Seniors in San Antonio ($5,338) and Houston ($5,627) pay up to $450 more for nursing home care than their peers in Fort Worth. However, the cost is lower in San Angelo ($4,489).

$5171

Austin

$4489

San Angelo

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Family members may want to compare costs for other care options in Fort Worth if they’re unsure if nursing home care is the right choice for their loved one. The cheapest option is adult day health care at an average monthly cost of $1,571. Both home care and home health care average $4,385 per month, while assisted living averages $4,400. With an average monthly cost of $5,171 for a semiprivate room and $6,692 for a private room, nursing homes offer the most expensive type of care available in Fort Worth.

$4385

Adult day care

$4400

Assisted living

$5171

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6692

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Cost data for Fort Worth was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Dallas, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Fort Worth, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Fort Worth, Texas

The following resources may assist seniors who are looking for options to help them continue to live safely in their own homes and delay the need for nursing home care for as long as possible. Some of the information may be of interest to those who have decided to look at long-term residential care options such as nursing home care.

ResourceContactServices
ADRC Medicare Counseling(855) 937-2372The ADRC of Tarrant County provides free Medicare counseling to seniors aged 60 and over. The counselors are specially trained to answer questions regarding Medicare and assist in applying for coverage and programs that may help pay for premiums, deductibles, copays and prescription drugs. The staff members provide easy-to-understand information about other options, such as long-term care insurance.
Mid-Cities Care Corps(817) 282-0531The Mid-Cities Care Corps is a volunteer organization that assists seniors aged 65 and over who want to continue living in their own homes but require occasional assistance. The Helping Hands program assists seniors with minor home repairs, installing home safety measures, yard work, and light housework. The Transportation program connects volunteer drivers with seniors who need rides to medical appointments, grocery stores, and social engagements. Additionally, volunteers can provide friendly phone calls and visits, and the organization hosts regular social events for seniors.
Meals on Wheels(817) 336-0912The Tarrant County Meals on Wheels program delivers hot and nutritious meals to homebound seniors. To be eligible for the program, seniors must be unable to prepare a meal on their own. Meals are delivered around noon each day, Monday to Friday, by volunteer drivers. Clients who require a greater level of assistance may qualify for breakfast and weekend meal options. Donations to cover the costs of the meals are voluntary, and no senior is ever turned down if they’re unable to contribute financially. Special diet requirements can be accommodated.