The midwestern city of Wichita, Kansas, has a population of over 389,000, of which 14% are 65 and older. Wichita has many medical facilities, such as Wesley Healthcare and Ascension Via Christi St. Francis Hospital. It’s also home to the Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center, which provides caregiver support and a foster home program for veterans with chronic illnesses. According to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey, Wichita has one of Kansas’s lowest nursing home costs. A semiprivate room has an average price of $6,829 per month, lower than the national average of $7,756.

Nursing homes provide the highest medical care level outside of hospitals, with skilled nurses available 24 hours a day. Other services include assistance with daily activities and physical or occupational therapy. Seniors who need around-the-clock supervision or have worsening health conditions that cannot be treated at home may need to consider moving into a nursing facility. However, seniors who only need custodial or light medical care may find that assisted living or home health care better fits their needs.

This guide will detail the cost of different types of care in Wichita and the resources available to help seniors and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Wichita, KS

Wichita Presbyterian Manor

4700 West 13th Street, Wichita, KS, 67212

I just had a call from Glenise in full care. She knew that I was frustrated about not being able to see my Mother and therefore I was concerned about her care. Glenise talked with me for almost an … (read more)

KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

402 S Martinson St, Wichita, KS, 67213

KMH (Kansas Masonic Home) is located in Wichita, Kansas, close to Via Christi Hospital St. Francis, Botanical Garden of Wichita and Interstate 135. Reviewers note the community’s well-landscaped groun … (read more)

Larksfield Place

2828 N Governeour St, Wichita, KS, 67226

I have only visited this facility once, but the staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly to us so I assume they treat the residents with the same amount of compassion and respect. I should hope so … (read more)

Avita Senior Living at Rolling Hills

629 S Maize Ct., Wichita, KS, 67209

Great place!..my 84yr old moved in 3 months ago and loves the facility, staff, and senior activities like bingo and knitting class to make caps for premie babies at local neonatal unit.. Highly recom … (read more)

Meridian Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

1555 N Meridian St. , Wichita, KS, 67203

Meridian Home (Meridian Nursing And Rehabilitation Center) was wonderful. They have a textile room, a game room, and a room where they let the residents rest before and after meals. They did have a co … (read more)

Via Christi Village Ridge

3636 North Ridge Rd, Wichita, KS, 67205

Via Christi Village has rehabilitation, a nursing home, and assisted living, but they do not accept anybody that is Medicaid pending. It was great, very clean, and very well kept. The staff was great, … (read more)

Catholic Care Center

6700 E 45Th St N, Wichita, KS, 67226

This place has a wonderful, caring staff. Our Mother lived the last few years there. She had healthy meals and a great group of care-givers.

Via Christi Village

3636 N. Ridge Road, Wichita, KS, 67205

Via Christi Village (Formerly Riverside Village) is a clean facility and they seem to have good help and assistance for my mother. The staff members are positive. It’s in a good location, and the grou … (read more)

Reeds Cove Health and Rehabilitation

2114 N 127th Street E, Wichita, KS, 67206

My father-in-law has used Reeds Cove Health and Rehabilitation. They were fairly clean and very well organized. He is a vegetarian, and they went out of their way to accommodate his needs. The nurses … (read more)

2016

Lakepoint Retirement and Rehab of Wichita

1315 N WEST ST, Wichita, KS, 67203

LPW caregivers were very loving and caring toward my family member. They treated her with the upmost care and kindness. We were hesitant to take our loved one to a nursing home, but the social worke … (read more)

Lakewood Senior Living of Seville

1319 SEVILLE ST, Wichita, KS, 67209

I toured this facility it was very clean, did not smell like most places I have looked at. Staff was very friendly.

Marjorie’s Home

14601 E Timber Lake Road, Wichita, KS, 67230

Marjorie’s Home is a house versus a facility, so you walk in and you kind of feel like you’ve walked in to Grandma’s house. It’s not new nor fancy, and it doesn’t have any bells and whistles. It is ju … (read more)

Sandpiper Bay Health Care Center

5808 W 8th St N, Wichita, KS, 67212

I loved this facility! The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. I appreciated that the nurses always answered our questions and didn’t seem agitated. I only hear positive things … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services – Wichita

7101 E 21St North, Wichita, KS, 67206

Excellent facility. Staff are very friendly and always willing to help when needed. Overall great care provided to my family member.

Life Care Center of Wichita

622 N EDGEMOOR ST, Wichita, KS, 67208

My friend moved into Life Care Center of Wichita. It has been about 6 weeks and I like it. The staff seemed to be very friendly, and doing their jobs. It’s clean, and I know they’re short staffed and … (read more)

Via Christi Hope Health Center

2622 W CENTRAL, Wichita, KS, 67203

I liked the private duplexes with an attached garage at Via Christi Hope Health Center. The apartment sat on the golf course which my husband really like because he used to play golf. The atmosphere w … (read more)

Deseret Nursing & Rehabilitation at Wichita

1600 S. WOODLAWN, Wichita, KS, 67218

My father was there in 2012. He had both legs removed below the knee. They rehabbed him and showed him how to transfer his self. He liked it, and so did I. You never want to end up in a nursing home b … (read more)

Family Health & Rehabilitation Center

639 S MAIZE COURT, Wichita, KS, 67209

My wife died a few days after being taken to the hospital from this facility. She was a resident there for over 50 days and never really got better. She told me about staff arguing between themselves … (read more)

Medicalodges Wichita

2280 South Minneapolis Street, Wichita, KS, 67211

Our Mother was treated horribly at Medicalodge in Wichita. The staff was lazy and incompetent. Mother fell out of her bed, broke her hip and had to have surgery. We would find her with food crusted al … (read more)

Golden Livingcenter – Wichita

4007 E LINCOLN ST, Wichita, KS, 67218

I walked into this facility for a tour. I was directed to the social service office. I knocked and was not pleased with what I saw. Two of the "department heads" had cell phones out and the person I w … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Wichita, KS

A semiprivate room in a Wichita nursing home costs an average of $6,829 per month. A private room will cost more, at $7,072 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Wichita’s average costs for a semiprivate room are over $900 less than the national average of $7,756. However, the city is more expensive than the Kansas average of $6,692.

When comparing semiprivate room costs in other Kansas cities, Wichita’s prices are one of the least expensive. Manhattan has the lowest monthly average in the state, at $5,735. Wichita’s prices are over $1,000 less than Lawrence, which has the costliest option in Kansas, and almost $800 less than Topeka. Wichita is slightly cheaper than Kansas City, which averages $6,844 per month.

$6829

Topeka

$6844

Kansas City, MO

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Compared to the other types of care available in Wichita, nursing home facilities are the most expensive. Semiprivate rooms average $6,829 per month and private rooms cost $7,072. Adult daycare is the least costly option, averaging $1,788 per month. Home care and home health care cost $4,528 and $4,671, respectively. Assisted living facilities have an average cost of $5,168 per month, which is the second-most expensive option after nursing homes.

$4528

Adult daycare

$5168

Assisted living

$6829

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$7072

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Wichita, KS

Free Resources for Seniors in Wichita, KS

Wichita has several organizations that will help seniors and their loved ones for free. These services can connect seniors to community resources that may make it easier for them to live at home or delay nursing home placement.

ResourceContactService
Central Plains Area Agency on Aging (CPAAA) (855) 200-2372The CPAAA offers various programs and services to seniors and caregivers and links them to local resources. The agency helps seniors 60 and older who have a low income, are living with Alzheimer’s, are socially isolated or are at risk for nursing home placement. Its services include in-home care that provides help with personal tasks or performs minor home repairs to help delay institutionalization.
Senior Services of Wichita(316) 267-0302The nonprofit organization offers services to seniors aged 55 and older through its multipurpose seniors’ centers, health and nutrition programs, in-home services and caregiver support programs. The organization’s website also has a comprehensive list of local, federal and state resources.
Meals on Wheels(316) 267-0122Meals on Wheels delivers nutritious meals to homebound Wichita residents aged 60 and older. Weekend meal delivery is also available for seniors who are the most isolated and at risk of nursing home placement. Seniors who only require the service temporarily may also be eligible to receive meals.
Senior Companion Program(316) 651-1249The Senior Companion Program provides in-home companionship and respite care for seniors aged 55 and older. Volunteers are also 55 and older and offer light housekeeping, medication reminders and transportation to eligible seniors. The program is free of charge.
United Way of the Plains(316) 267-1321The United Way’s 211 program is a free and confidential service that connects seniors or their loved ones to resources and services. Staff will work with callers to better understand their situation and refer them to the resources that meet their needs. Individuals can seek help regarding senior and disability care, food and housing.