Lakewood Care Center, Inc.

7981 Optimist Club Rd, Denver, NC 28037
Lakewood Care Center, Inc. (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Lakewood Care Center, Inc.

Assisted Living Reviews for Lakewood Care Center, Inc.

August 14, 2014

By excitedgrandd

My grandmother has been at the facility for several weeks now. We havent regretted placing her into the facility. The staff are very friendly and know the residents on a personal level. They all seem to love one another and really enjoy going on activities and playing bingo in the activity room. I have been in the facility before when a lady brought her therapy dog in with puppies. The residents really seem to love and enjoy the company of the dog and her new litter. My grandmother always says that church groups come in all the time and bring her things. When I have visited during meal times the food always looks good and warm. This is a family owned operation and the staff seem to care for my grandmother like they would their own and love her the same. With my new job and kids I'm unavaiable to visit as often as I'd like but I know that she is taking care of and every time I talk to her on the phone she seems very happy.

March 24, 2014

By upsetdaughterin

My mother-in-law was just moved to this facility and we went to visit her today for the first time. Upon walking in we were immediately hit with the odor of urine. The staff was playing around with a puppy at the desk but did manage to give us her room #. She was not in her room and we came back to the desk and no one seemed to know where she was. She was finally located in the "community room" where patients were warehoused with a blaring TV. I was struck by the nastiness of the room. The paint was peeling, ceiling crumbling, filthy pool table. Windows were filthy and the furniture had cobwebs. In two areas on the floor near where she was sitting in a wheelchair were two puddles of urine. I went to the director of nursing who seemed indifferent to my concerns even asking me if the puddles might be coffee. I explained to her that having been a nurse for 33 years, I know what a puddle of urine looks like. They just had an assessment by the state and passed. I don't know how they could of passed. I am hoping that my brother-in-law will get her moved. I wouldn't board my dog in this place.

August 18, 2012

By mysister

I feel there is to much going on there. The staff cursing and the residents are not cared for by the smell anyway. It has a 2 star showing but I dont know or think that is normal.

March 06, 2012

By Sav1

I visit here about every week, and every time we come they are always very friendly. The food they eat looks very nutritious and tasty. On every holiday they celebrate somehow to get all the patients excited and in a good mood, which I personally think is a very nice touch. Like for Christmas, people came and gave the patients what they needed, it was a big blessing. They have a visiting area that has a television, some games, and vending machines. They seem to match people up very well because my great-grandmother and her roommate are very good friends. Whenever we go, she seems to be very happy and all the nurses love her. They know about everything that the patient has done. When something happens to someone they let you know quickly. They take excellent care of the people there. No one in our family regrets putting her there because she loves it there. I would recommend to another person.

Services and Amenities of Lakewood Care Center, Inc.

About Lakewood Care Center, Inc.

Lakewood Care Center, Inc. is a senior living provider in Denver, North Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Lakewood Care Center, Inc. for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lakewood Care Center, Inc.

Lakewood Care Center, Inc.