Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

Reviews of Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

April 13, 2019

By LOUISEPALAYNES

I am heartbroken to have lost my Dad. His last days were at this facility, and I can’t help but think that serious missteps were made. It came as a shock to me to find that this facility has no AED defibrillator available. Curiously enough, Florida state does not require one, but with these life-saving devices increasingly available in gyms, restaurants, and schools, it apparently is only an OPTION for skilled nursing facilities where patients and staff are most likely to be enduring stressful situations. Go figure. The administrator and risk assessment manager of Central Park did not allow me to talk with the nurse who was last with my father in his final moments when he tried to go to the bathroom and fainted, requiring cardiac assistance. The risk assessment manager even went so far as to make up what she recalled my father saying in his last days. (She later confessed that those weren’t his exact words, but her “perceptions.” The final notes on my father’s passing are unclear (and grammatically incorrect), but one thing is certain----the doctor on site was nowhere near, nor was an AED defibrillator. My father was 81---he had an aging heart—but he was only there for HIP REHAB. He had an extremely strong will and desire to live, and he had a strong mind. On my last phone call with my father, he was concerned that the staff was not doing enough to help him. To find out that a simple life-saving device is nowhere to be found in a rehabilitation facility and to be denied the ability to talk with the ones who may have last spoken with my father is unconscionable. Please keep in mind that there is a lively, alert aging population who want every effort to help them recover from surgeries to hips, knees, etc. If you are considering a facility for your mother or father’s rehabilitation please look elsewhere.

January 23, 2019

By MichaelV

I have worked in LTC for over 15 years in the local area. I have entrusted Central Park with the care of my mother. I can happily say that I am able to sleep easy at night not only knowing she is well cared for but that she is amongst family. I would highly recommend Central Park to anyone looking for care for a loved one.

June 29, 2013

By Caring 1081

My mother-in-law has been with Central Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for two months now. Everything is fine there and we are very satisfied with the place. The place is very clean and organized.

October 01, 2012

By AJK

We were very unhappy with central park. My mother hasn't walked in over 10 years and had already lost a leg due to diabetes. She was injured months before this and broke her leg because of transport issue. She went downhill after that. Towards the end when my mother was dying after stopping dialysis she wasn't being checked on, always in pain, and very uncomfortable. They kept saying they would do many things, like puree her food since she was starting to choke on food, but they never did until it didn't make a difference anymore. Whenever we would call to see how she was, since we knew she was dying, they always beat around the bush, gave us the information on another patient, and were rude. One of the last times we were told rudely that we should be there 24hrs a day so we would already have the information. We would not recommend them to anyone.

Services and Amenities of Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Syracuse, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Central Park Rehabilitation And Nursing Center