16 Assisted Living Facilities near Fayetteville, NY
Also serving communities of East Syracuse, Jamesville, Camden.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fayetteville area, with 2 in Fayetteville and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fayetteville is $3,030 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,405.
To help you with your search, browse the 99 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fayetteville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fayetteville 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Baldwinsville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fayetteville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fayetteville, NY
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Fayetteville, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Fayetteville, named after a national hero of both France and the United States, is a small village in Upstate New York where 17.7% of the population is aged 65 and over. The village itself has two assisted living facilities for residents who require special accommodations. There are also 14 additional facilities located nearby in Syracuse and other towns. The state of New York, including Fayetteville, licenses and regulates these facilities under their official designation as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs) through the state's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
- The American Lung Association gives Onondaga County, where Fayetteville is located, a passing grade for annual particle pollution. Seniors don't need to worry that going outside will worsen any breathing problems they may have in this city. The county also gets a B for ozone pollution.
- Seniors who live in Fayetteville experience cold and snowy winters. The average low temperature in January is 15 degrees, and the village gets an average of 105 inches of snow per year which is 77 inches above the national average of 28. Seniors may want to check that their assisted living facility has a backup source of heat in case of a power outage.
- Fayetteville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Syracuse.
- Families looking for affordable assisted living in New York may find Fayetteville attractive. The town's cost of living is 3% below the national average of 100 and 32.4% below the average for New York state.
- Seniors in Fayetteville who receive income from social security can put more of their money towards assisted living because New York does not tax SSI or benefits from the state or local government. Retirees who receive other types of income, such as private pensions or investments, get a sizable deduction of $20,000.
- Rates of crime in Fayetteville are low, so seniors should feel safe living within the community. The village has a violent crime rate 14.6 points below the national average and 13 points below the average for New York state.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Fayetteville start around $3,030 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fayetteville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
For seniors in New York who qualify for Medicaid, there are two programs available to help pay for assisted living: The Managed Long Term Care Waiver (MLTC) and The Assisted Living Program (ALP). MLTC provides services like housekeeping and personal assistance for residents of assisted living facilities while ALP provides funds for room and board as well as other services at an assisted living facility for seniors who would otherwise qualify for a nursing home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fayetteville
Fayetteville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fayetteville, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fayetteville
Fayetteville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Review of Brookdale East Side
Brookdale East Side was very nice. It was a larger community with more activities. However, it's about a half-hour from where I live, so it wasn't as convenient. We had to wait for a while for a st... Read more
Review of Menorah Park Group Residence
My mother loves Menorah Park. I think it is a good value. You get three meals a day and snacks. Most of the meals are very good, but there's once in a while there are meals that you might not like.... Read more
Review of Brookdale East Side
Brookdale was an excellent site with nice people, but we're not ready for that yet. The location was very convenient. The whole experience was excellent. The food was excellent, and the care they p... Read more